MRA; Second Gen on page 21

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Interesting story?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:54 am

Yay!
100%
Nay.
No votes

Total votes: 12

TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO COPY IT RIGHT. Image Muaha ha ha!

Well no matter, if you like them you use them. I like to use the MiniYolks set from Bad-Blood.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Heheh. Those I will enjoy. How do you post them, anyway? Uploaded to photobukkit or something?
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Yes...

Or I can PM you my IMG codes if you like. I already Have them On My Photobukkit.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Very good idea. Thanks.
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Nice. The Empress gets a ship named after her. :)
Really sleek looking additions.

Awesome avatar.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

BETA DL OF THE RUUSTIRII ALLIANCE NAVY FOR BALANCING PURPOSES

ATTENTION ALL SHIPYARD CONTRACTORS

------HoloNet speech, MRA President Haesrin Sytheusen-----

As it is currently, the Movement has the most powerful fleet in the galaxy. Problem is; we know jack about To'Hol Venaari fleet strength, apart from the fact that their ships are more advanced than anything we can bring to bear. Our only chance, currently, is numbers. Already being strengthened by the new SIUS combat craft, we are quite sure that even this will not be good enough to defeat the intergalactic juggernaught that is the To'Hol Venaari Theocracy. If we are ever to reach our goals, and restore that what has been lost, we need help.

Currently, we'll take all the help we can get. This message contains a general distress message for individual vessels that either need our aide or that can help us in this conflict.

At a more intersting note for all Starship construction companies that receive this message, we are in dire need for hulls. Money is not a concern.

------Transmission End-------

In more clear terms, I'm attempting to give the MRA it's own fleet, apart from the fleets of the five states (now where have I heard that before...) I'm currently developing. My problem with this is; diversity. If I make an assembled fleet with all the positions covered and with a nice fitting colourscheme. NOT THE BIG IDEA. What I want is a ragtag, commercial combat fleet.

So that's where you come in;

I am asking (no, not threatening....yet.) you to build a ship, whether it be a ship class or a unique ship, that could be part of this fleet. Of course, entirely voluntary.

Submissions must, however, be in accordance to the following rules;

-Ships are balanced against theRAN (Royal Aralolnian Navy)/MRA/IVL standard, according to class of course. I will prepare a preliminary DL of the Ruustirii fleet for balancing.

-They must be custom coloured, with the only exception of a ship being worthwhile enough for me to start custom colouring it myself.

-Logical. Parenting. 'nuff said.

Backstory is preferred, but not required. I'll be just as happy to make one up myself,but if you add the ship to a previously existing faction/company/whatever-the-hell-you-want, it is preferred to have a fitting backstory (upon penalty of death Image ) or at least a description of the ship.

Backstories can go several ways, certainly for unique ships. Get creative, completely nuts if you have to, but keep it serious. And fitting with the rest of the storyline, sivousplâit.

YOUR GAINS;

-zip
-zero
-nadda
-nothing

Oh yes, there's also

-jack

And of course helping me to restore the old Alliance, which equals

-rien.

On the other hand, if you do build a ship, I will owe you one.

Now. GET TO WORK, PEONS! Image
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

Count me in Arcane :lol: also: you don't have to owe me anything ;)
And Very nice ships there Arcanedude o.o
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

On a side note, I can still refuse to include any submission. Do your best, as it is much less likely that I will randomly pick your submission out just to pesker you if the submission is good.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

oh nice, sounds fun! Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but is there a time frame on when you want these? Also may I assume that size isn't all that relevant as long as the weapons are balanced and their not tiny or juggernauts?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

No deadlines, no. Size doesn't really matter, as long as it is somewhat consistent with the sizes I've been using.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I might do this, depends on whether I have shipbuilding time in the next few weeks or not.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Hey, hey, AD.

Weaponstripping railguns = lame.

Just FYI. :?

--

That said;

Orion Shipyards "Illuminator" / "Lightbringer" class Heavy Destroyer;

It should be quite obvious as to how the "Illuminator" / "Lightbringer" earnt it's name; powerful beam cannons give it a remarkable battlefield punch that can only be blocked by shield generators or prototype beam refractors. It also packs powerful auxiliary weapon systems in the form of missile launching turrets and magnetic acceleration cannon turrets, making it dangerous to approach from any angle; even the rear. Incorporating heavy armour and moderate shielding, the most noticeable aspect of the ship's defenses are it's distinctive ELLIS arrays that can shoot down any incoming projectile at very respectable ranges with pin-point accuracy.

The "Illuminator" / "Lightbringer" is suited to long range combat; many of it's guns have very respectable ranges. Powered by a single high-efficiency fusion reactor, the craft mixes respectable speed and firepower as well, although it is not as fast as the VSE Insania or RAN Tornado.

Statistics:
Name: Lightbringer-class Heavy Destroyer
HP: 2500
Speed: 1.50
Turning: 0.30
AI Range: 1000
Accel: 0.03
Number of sections: 121
Total HP: 280105.04
Number of weapons: 44
Number of modules: 19

Equipment:
8x 75mm Magnetic Acceleration Cannon Turrets (270°)
12x LRM-2x6 (12) Missile Turrets (215°)
4x Sustained Beam Cannon Turret (135°)
6x Forward-Firing Sustained Beam Cannon (45°)
2x Rear-Firing Sustained Beam Cannon (45°)
10x PHALANX ACPD Turret (Point Defense - Particle)
2x ELLIS Point Defense System (Point Defense - Beam)
8x Energy Shield Generator (Active Defense - Deflector)
30x Nosecone Ablative Armour Plates (Passive Defense - Sections)

Balance Notes:
The Lightbringer can fight and kill a Tornado, although it'll get a bloody nose in the process. Due to the weapon-stripping failgun on the Insania, it starts as a mexican standoff, and slowly degrades into a boring pissing fight because the Lightbringer can't fight back but it's deflectors are far out of the failgun's reach.

No download just yet, still tweaking. :P

~~

Commentary for the VSE; reduce the goddamn shot speed on the railguns. I've done some quick math in my head and what I'm looking at on the Insania's blueprint suggests that it's massively overpenetrating*, quite possibly due to it's high shot speed. Also, the railgun shot could do with being a different colour and generally being made more visible.

*It was stripping the front rack of missile launchers off the Lightbringer, and dealing damage to the core on occasion, despite the fact the Lightbringer had lost no forward sections and that the core is thusly behind at least 6-8 sections; the Insania's railgun should only penetrate 4 of those!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Insania

I retain the right to facepalm.

As I have said numerous times, the VSE is not ready yet. The Ruustirii are, and have the same balancing.

Otherwise; hurrah! Nice ship is nice!

The pentetration is somewhat odd; I believe the railgun on the Insania does 1600 damage, and damage to a section is 400. So, in theory, it should only damage 4 sections. Probably the speed, then.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

On the version I was looking at it was 800/200. Same effect but punchier in your version. I'm probably using an outdated pack anyway.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

An additionnal rule; please make it so that the weapon arcs are based on the heighth of sections. Guns cannot shoot through their own ship, yah?

This is not entirely a rule though, and can only be done on feeling. See it as a guideline.