MRA; Second Gen on page 21

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Interesting story?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:54 am

Yay!
100%
Nay.
No votes

Total votes: 12

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

ArcaneDude wrote:Good! Gentlemen, (and lady, singular.) I think this does it for the Community fleet. I'm still expecting one of Arc's ships, and if he wishes to finish the OS fleet, he may do so, but apart that, I think we've had it.

Thank you all very much for your contributions, I've seen some wonderful ships.

What I need now is DOWNLOADS. LOTS of downloads.

Did I mention I need downloads?

LORD-GENERAL-THUNDER; Very nice! I like that. However, as I said, the community fleet is complete apart from Arc's OS fleet. If you still wanna join in as a faction, go ahead though.

ARCALANE; That's a nice little Skimmer. Great work once again.

WICKY-42; As I said, no more community fleets. Sorry. You can still join as a faction, though. Since you have a fleet now.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

feh. curse poorly timed holidays :P this 'joining as a faction' thingy - what does that mean exactly? As a third party to the war or what?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Wicky_42 wrote:feh. curse poorly timed holidays :P this 'joining as a faction' thingy - what does that mean exactly? As a third party to the war or what?
You get involved in the RP sessions in the 'Great war' thread, give faction announcements and so on. You'll also need to contact Aralonia on IRC to get your faction a place on the big map o' doom.

EDIT: Also, if you're feeling particularly evil, AD really needs some more enemy factions to join with the THV.
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Exethalion wrote:
Wicky_42 wrote:feh. curse poorly timed holidays :P this 'joining as a faction' thingy - what does that mean exactly? As a third party to the war or what?
You get involved in the RP sessions in the 'Great war' thread, give faction announcements and so on. You'll also need to contact Aralonia on IRC to get your faction a place on the big map o' doom.

EDIT: Also, if you're feeling particularly evil, AD really needs some more enemy factions to join with the THV.
Would that mean I can still work on my "Eyes of Wrath" pirate fleet? I started off on another faction and kind of slack off after the announcement that the MRA is full.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Venator wrote:Would that mean I can still work on my "Eyes of Wrath" pirate fleet? I started off on another faction and kind of slack off after the announcement that the MRA is full.
If you want to join, you'll have to take it up with AD, and get all your faction info up together, with a GDB thread.
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

Exethalion wrote:Argh, the blue and grey ships taketh over the world...
Well, if it's any consolation, the original scheme was in my usual "gunmetal" colours... :lol:

ArcaneDude

Thanks alot! :D

So, faction it is, then.

I'll post more details shortly. I still have to scale up the rest of the fleet.

THOUGHT: Ok, so the Spearhead's considered to be a dreadnought? Excellent. I think I can actually build something that size. :D
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

OSEC Update:
Turns out the camera system needed to be recalibrated.

Attached Image:
Reshot the Spearhead. You can see her Zeta colours much more clearly now. Not sure what was up.

Minor Update:
Field test calcs complete. She's improved; mostly in terms of damage output due to gunner experience. She holds together a bit better and they can get a bit extra out of her drive systems too. Not too shabby.

Code: Select all

Name: Spearhead-class Dreadnaught - Spearhead Zeta
HP: 7980
Speed: 0.42
Turning: 0.21
AI Range: 1200
Accel: 0.01
Description:  
Number of sections: 269
Total HP: 1928239.74
Number of weapons: 127
Number of modules: 76
Most noticeably, the broadsider beams are now capable of focusing on a much wider array of targets due to new flexi-mounts we installed on the Spearhead herself. A few tweaks have upped the power of all other beam weapons and we've streamlined the ion torpedo energy collation process which has in turn increased the overall damage output and reduced the downtime between shots, as well as increased the coherency and speed, allowing torpedoes to travel just that little bit further.

MACs are now running at 175mm projectiles and the missile turrets are also benefitting from flexi-mounts which have upped their fire arcs a bit. The missile turrets have a new feed mechanism which allows them to fire a fifth burst with every barrage, and employ a new high-explosive warhead which gives them a real extra kick now. Other than that the Aurora Array has a bit more range and power, and the rear beams have a much larger fire arc to defend against flankers. Finally, that forward beam array has been linked up into one block to form the Cleansing Brilliance array. Extra range, bit more damage, longer firing duration, shorter reload, and slightly less fire arc.

Main Particle Beam Cannon has more kick and a longer duration now too. Small changes pile up, eh?

--

I need to send the updated core OSEC ships (Guardian, Lightbringer and Arbalest) to AD along with the Zeta Spearhead, Earthshaker and Skimmer... guess I should do that now.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ulance.shp

Forgot to put up the file earlier for the community fleet. <_<
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

IXRANIN; no problem, dude. As long as I get them. Thanks.

ARCALANE; Thanks, I got the PM. I'll test them first thing in the morning.

VENATOR; well, since you already started on your fleet, I'm gonna cut an exception for you.

WICKY_42; Requirements can be found in the sticky thread in the GDB. Or was it the holodeck? Meh. Also, you'll have to join #MRA-RP channel on IRC and get Ara to put you on the map.

EXETHALION; Thanks for explaining them, dude.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Updated ship is posted on pg 8, now with download. Enjoy blowing it up :twisted: This thread was a great idea, any new intel on the enemy's ETA or capabilities?

*edit* I don't often upload ships so I may have done something wrong; the blueprint file works fine but the ship file reads as invalid. I will go read the threads and try to solve my noobness.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... nought.zip
Last edited by jwa8402 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Well, there's my fleet...which will be on the side of the THV. (here)

ETA probably pending on whether we can get together and discuss something on IRC.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

ArcaneDude, I will be gone for 5-7 days as of now, can you wait that long plus a few days for the enemy Creld designs?
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Iron Ham
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron Ham »

Venator wrote:
Iron Ham wrote://TRANSMISSION BEGIN//
Sender: Prince Vladimir Tsepizsci, III

*snip*

Vladimir, Dark Prince of Umbrey
//TRANSMISSION END//
Really original name, there :lol:.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm working on another fleet to contribute, and brightening the Illuminating Ascendancy when I feel so inclined.
Most of my custom ships are named after WM characters. I have a Servath Assault ship, a Harbinger Carrier... a Feora flamethrower boat... :lol:
A tout le monde!
a tout mes amis!
je vois aime!
je dois partir!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

BoVine; No problem. I don't expect this to be going anywhere soon, surely since I DON'T HAVE ALL DOWNLOADS YET [/hint].
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

ArcaneDude wrote:BoVine; No problem. I don't expect this to be going anywhere soon, surely since I DON'T HAVE ALL DOWNLOADS YET [/hint].
"GCHMS will provide full tactical schematics of the 5th Fleet elements to the MRA upon the force's arrival in 2 weeks time, bla bla..." [/excuse]