AHE weee starfighters!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

What should be the next design?

Poll ended at Thu May 15, 2008 9:59 pm

Several civilian ships
13%
a cruiser
25%
a fighter
38%
a carrier
No votes
moar stations
No votes
or...god forbid: a titan?
25%

Total votes: 8

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AHE weee starfighters!

Post by ArcaneDude »

a full download containing all ships and fighters:

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... endium.rar

A relatively new ship constructin company, Arcanity Heavy engineering has the support of the IAP, and has constructed some warships for it. At the end of the UCS war, the Alliance contract with Arcanity Heavy engineering had ended, and the company could return to other designs.

---starfighters----

The A-31 and A-51 medium and heavy starfighters are reliable, powerful craft used for patrol and heavy duty combat.

purchase option in full download.

---Venice class ----

A medium sized assault destroyer, the Q-41 Venice class destroyer is AHE's newest product. The ship is relatively fast, and well armed for it's size. Also realtively cheap, it is projected to make it's mark on future starship engineering, especially in weapons. It sports a number of light and heavy disruptors, but also an enhanced drone launcher, that can launch a greater amount of drones in one burst.

--- Athens class ----

A large vessel, built with the latest of technologies, the Athens class is a multi-purpose hull, designed to be fitted with a number of weapons sets.

Athens basic hull design;

S-81 Athens class Battleship

Purchase an S-81 Athens Battleship

The S-81 Athens battleship is the first adaption of the Athens basic hull.

S-82 Athens class Carrier

NOTE: Gravity drives have not yet been added in the screenshot, will be fixed for the download.

Purchase an S-82 Athens class carrier

The second adaption of the Athens class hull, this S-82 replaces a lot of the S-81's weaponry by a number of launchbays for droid starfighters, and a manufacturing plant for these droids. Armed with an additional amount of drone launchers to provide long range fire support and a PD grid, this ship is an excellent fleet combat support ship.

Jerusalem class:

Z-101 Jerusalem Starfortress

A massive, untakeable veste, the Jerusalem starfortress is AHE's singlemost expensive and powerful weapon. Designed to repel attacks from large fleets, the Jerusalem is equipped with an array of new weapons, such as advanced disruptor weapons, upgraded drone launchers, and more efficient plasma weapons.

Although Jerusalem is a very effective weapon, it is also a very expensive one; the Fortress costs five and a half times the amount one would pay for an S-81 or S-82. The Jerusalem is projected to become the worst selling product from Arcanity Heavy Engineering, and three of these marvellous constructions are already planned. Journalists in several financial magazines have speculated whether the Jerusalem is going to cost AHE more than it is going to bring up, and how much.

Purchase a Z-101 Jerusalem Starfortress
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Sat May 17, 2008 12:38 am, edited 21 times in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Auriak
Captain
Captain

Post by Auriak »

Looks groovy, especially with that glowing bit at the front. Can we expect some cool weaponry to go along with that cool hull?
"Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them"
Auriak Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1654
Mystar Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I would find that a logical conclusion...
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Nice blue coloring you got there. It's very catchy. I see you've used different shades of grey, but you might want to put it in a few more places. Also, that part sticking out of the real looks like it wants some extra coloring too. Still, it looks very pretty. Good work.

Now then, I demand the gunz!
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

The ship is win

looks like someone found the blue aegis colouring trick :P

but its still a very good ship
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

This is definitely a ship that I'll be downloading once it's done.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Tiny status update, I plan to arm it with downsized (correct?) weapons, and drones. But not Demeters.

Cryptic descriptions, you gotta love 'em. :P
RedSarge
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RedSarge »

I love how massive this thing is! But I do dislike aegis fields (any aegis field) because they make me lose.

I have question for you Arcanedude.
How many medium sized battlecruisers would one need in order to even attempt to assault a massive, super-heavy battleship like this?

By downsized do you mean tiny weapons you can barely see? Or just weakened weapons?
Hey, I'm new.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

RedSarge wrote:I love how massive this thing is! But I do dislike aegis fields (any aegis field) because they make me lose.

I have question for you Arcanedude.
How many medium sized battlecruisers would one need in order to even attempt to assault a massive, super-heavy battleship like this?

By downsized do you mean tiny weapons you can barely see? Or just weakened weapons?
Smaller ships fail against larger ships, because smaller ships are often built with smaller enemies in mind, rather then larger enemies.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Anarki wrote:Smaller ships fail against larger ships, because smaller ships are often built with smaller enemies in mind, rather then larger enemies.
ZERG RUSH KEKEKEKE

I'm going to go with "lots" as an estimation, though.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I would assume he means he is scaling down to weapons to what they would actually be on a ship that size, because unless they are anti-captiol ship weapons they would be small on that beast. I like the design; industrial but almost alien as well. And lots of mounts for weapons, that part looks really cool, rather than sticking them wherever they fit. A carrier using this design style would look interesting, functional with dementors or not.
*edit*
the two aft section 20s, top and bottom(or port and starboard I suppose on the actual ship), can those be moved forward to touch with the other two? Or is that intentional? Just looks like the edges are sticking out in back
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Very nice, the blue glowing looks really good (reminds me of Kazuael's new ship). The design itself is excellent, I look forward to seeing it armed.

Also, what happened to the Carthage? You seem to have abandoned it. Did you forget about it or just stop liking it?
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

Whoa I am loving this ship and it is not even armed! I love the organic shape. Just wondering about the aegised part since it is for aesthetic purposes, would it being boosted instead work?
My Fleet: [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1821]Aquilonian Fleet[/url] | [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=53841#53841]Neo Genesis[/url] | [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2632]UTA[/url]
My Random Ships: [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2191&highlight=]Brainfarts™[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=851&highlight=ship+types]Ship Classifications[/url]
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Booster would probably do the job but none of the sections are structural or even large enough to provide much blockage, not that i expect to get far enough into the hull to find out... :lol:
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

RedSarge wrote:How many medium sized battlecruisers would one need in order to even attempt to assault a massive, super-heavy battleship like this?
Depends. My estimate is that you'd need at least 30 Hestia's to beat it with it's current loadout, and that's without the main gun.

By scaled down I mean that they're smaller in size, these weapons are actually more powerful than the default.
Bad Boy wrote:Also, what happened to the Carthage? You seem to have abandoned it. Did you forget about it or just stop liking it?
The latter. I had no idea where I was gonna go with it, and to be frank, I didn't like the style myself. It was more like a cheap nockoff of Anna's ships than a serious, original ship. That, and I don't have the patience to work on a design for multiple days. If I build a ship, I do it in one streak, not over the course of a week.
Koross wrote: Just wondering about the aegised part since it is for aesthetic purposes, would it being boosted instead work?
It could, but you'd either have hideous big blocky Booster modules on the parts themselves, or streaks of blue across the ship. Neither would be in any way accepteable for this design.
jwa8402 wrote:functional with dementors or not.
Harry Potter is not part of this game, for your information. :P

Assuming that you meant "demeters", the drones I mean are actually like this.

Modded missile launchers give you that effect surprisingly well.

EDIT; uploaded the S-81 Athens class Battleship. Give you a screenie soon.