Bellcross Federation - Helicopters in space? Why not?

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Bellcross Federation - Helicopters in space? Why not?

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

So far, most of my ships are made by Orion Industries right? Well here's some new ships, from Wyrmtech Industries!

Wyrmtech Industries History

Wyrmtech Industries was one of the first corporations to take the step into aerospace engineering. Created a few months after Orion Industries, this corporation trailed behind them for a few years before slowly evening the gap. Wyrmtech Industries pulled ahead with its efficient photon engines and engineering proficiency later on.

Ships:

The Crax is Wyrmtech Industries' first fighter designed for space flight. The speed is comparable to that of the Dark Orion Heavy Fighter, but the weapons are weaker to save costs. 2 AI-controlled rapid-firing lasers sit just beside the photon engines, while the pilot himself has access to a gatling gun in front of the cockpit. The fighter may be either AI-controlled, or piloted manually.

The Dread is the basic, reliable cruiser of Wyrmtech Indutries. The ship houses two gatling pulse guns and two plasma bomb launchers, as well as tri-barreled flak guns for point defense. The opening at the rear is used for an improved photon engine.

The Drake-class battlecruiser is a big step up from the Dread cruiser, incorporating some of Wyrmtech Industries' latest technologies. Two Gravity Wave Cannons (GWCs) are mounted on either side of the ship. These cannons project a powerful gravity field outwards, capable of crushing most fighters. The ship also borrows some tech from Orion Industries in the form of Dark Matter Cannons. Other than that, the ship also carries two Gatling Siege Blasters, which fire slow but powerful projectiles as well as the standard Dread weaponry.

The Megatherion is a ship based on the Drake's hull, and one of the latest ships out of the Wyrmtech Industries shipyard. It features an Orgone Buster Cannon as well as two Graviton Disruption Cannons, which are long-ranged weapons. Both are capable of dishing out a massive amount of damage. The ship also mounts two retractable missile racks on the side points, and two Pulse Bombs on the barrel of the Orgone Buster Cannon. These bombs explode upon impact with an enemy ship and split up into smaller subminitions, which then explode.

Note: The ship classes of Wymrtech Industries are classified based on firepower and hull size. The Megatherion only qualifies as a battlecruiser.

Not to be confused with the destroyed Space Station Amadeus, this Amadeus is a battleship-class upgrade of the Drake. Two side pods have been added, as well as a better barrier system. The ship is also the second one so far to feature Autocannons, but the real terror enemies feel when they see this ship is the prow-mounted Gravity Blast Cannon. Capable of firing a beam that distorts gravity inside it to crush enemies, the beam is extremely deadly.

I hope you guys give me some real comments before I start doing some major screwups. >.>
Last edited by XxKiraYamatoxX on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:44 am, edited 37 times in total.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1804]Orion Industries Shipyard[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2155]Wyrmtech Industries Shipyard[/url]
Darksoul
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Darksoul »

while that is kind of big for a fighter (mor elike a patrol craft) i think it looks pretty good im not so big on the collors though
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

It's pretty good, but don't expect too many comments yet, it's your first ship for this thread, and it's quite small.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Bad Boy wrote:It's pretty good, but don't expect too many comments yet, it's your first ship for this thread, and it's quite small.
At least he's following advice, rather than having nothing in the way of comments beyond praise for blocky pieces of crap. :|

Not bad, and well-sized for a fighter, if somewhat unconventionally shaped for a fighter (though wings aren't really a necessity on space-only fighters, there are a number of uses for them though). Is that at default zoom?
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

Yep, it's at default zoom. If it's not, I'll say it's not.

The Dread is the basic, reliable cruiser of Wyrmtech Indutries. The ship houses two gatling pulse guns and two plasma bomb launchers, as well as tri-barreled flak guns for point defense. The opening at the rear is used for an improved photon engine.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1804]Orion Industries Shipyard[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2155]Wyrmtech Industries Shipyard[/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

These ships are FAR better than the Dark Orions. Much more distingation. The fighter is well done, you've managed to create some interesting effects. Same with the cruiser, although the colorwork is a bit bland.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Seconding what Arcane said. There is something about that color scheme on the cruiser... I think it's the light grey parts actually being lower (depth-wise) than the darker, green parts. It's not "OMG MY EYES"-bad, but it's still awkward.

Apart from that, some nice ships.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

I'm also more fond of the green being a highlighting/outlining color than it being the primary hull color.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Just don't change to blue, or red on black. If I see another colour scheme like that, I'll explode (Not that you care if I explode, but...)
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

mtheminja wrote:Just don't change to blue, or red on black. If I see another colour scheme like that, I'll explode (Not that you care if I explode, but...)
*Looks around nervously*
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

:P
Don't worry, I've already seen your ships, that's partly why I can't take much more blue.
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

T-002 wrote:Seconding what Arcane said. There is something about that color scheme on the cruiser... I think it's the light grey parts actually being lower (depth-wise) than the darker, green parts. It's not "OMG MY EYES"-bad, but it's still awkward.

Apart from that, some nice ships.
I noticed that too. Fixed now.

Also, I'd like to introduce the Drake-class Battlecruiser.

The Drake-class battlecruiser is a big step up from the Dread cruiser, incorporating some of Wyrmtech Industries' latest technologies. Two Gravity Wave Cannons (GWCs) are mounted on either side of the ship. These cannons project a powerful gravity field outwards, capable of crushing most fighters. The ship also borrows some tech from Orion Industries in the form of Dark Matter Cannons. Other than that, the ship also carries two Gatling Siege Blasters, which fire slow but powerful projectiles as well as the standard Dread weaponry.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

You're doing way better at colouring, repetition, and curves now, just so you know. Before you get to anything really big, I'd like to see some more small ones since they look so nice so far.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

The Drake is nice. Those sections that make up the white pointy bit in the front could be moved forward a little, they're sticking out like a sore thumb and throwing my eye off the rest of the ship.
[/post]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Well done, these are a lot better then before. I really like the drake in particular, except that I don't like the pointy front, its blockiness doesn't fit too well with he curviness of the rest of the ship. Other then that, well done.