Deino Completion Stage Five: Mk. I Finished

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Deino Completion Stage Five: Mk. I Finished

Post by derekiv »

Latest Photo (Scroll to bottom for story):

Weapons Tests:

We got this from an intercepted status report to Manazuka High Command:

Completion Stage One
We just finish the basic inner hull. The main reactor holding is finished and ready for the reactor. The prow has a basic amount of work done but is now where near completion. The experimental containment/construction field is working great. It blocks all radiation from construction, making it impossible for the shipyard to be found using sensors. We plan to put the reactor in when it arrives.

Completion Stage Two

The reactor arrived today and we got it in almost immediately. The N-AI is currently running the last start-up simulations to make sure nothing goes wrong with this. If we get this wrong, we could wipe out this side of the cluster.

Completion Stage Three
The subsidiary fusion drives have started up. They have created the mini space-time-hole the theorist said they would create. We're closing down on the final startup for the DAWN reactor. It promises a new age in science.

Completion Stage Four
It worked! The DAWN reactor is working at peak efficiency, making the old fission reactors of old completely obsolete. The enormous power given off momentarily broke through the shielding, bu the N-AI quickly compensated. [The time stamp of this event matches a trans-spectrum EM wave burst from an uncharted cluster. Suspected location of project Dieno.] The reactor actually is running so hot we may have to put in extra reactor shielding.

Completion Stage Five
We've completed the majority of the work on the bow. After seeing how powerful the DAWN reactor was, High Command immediately told us we had to add a spinal super-laser to the ship. It took a crazy amount of work to finish designing and installing the DAWN Cannon on time. We got permission for one test shot, and my, was it spectacular. We aimed it at a decommissioned Ananke cargo hauler, and the results were amazing. One shot equaled one dead ship. To funnel power for the gun, we installed another reactor that's sole purpose is to create a field that takes energy directly from the core and fires it out the cannon. High command hasn't decided whether to put two more smaller DAWN Cannons on the ship or to install the MAHSM launchers (Magnetically Accelerated High-Speed Missile).

Finished Deino Mk. I
We finally finished the Deino Mark I. High command as already ordered us to make new ships off the Mk. I hull. The MAHSM fire too fast for the eye to follow. The cannon is a beautiful site to behold. It has been christened the "In Amber Clad"

Weapons Tests:

Last edited by derekiv on Fri May 16, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wolfbrother
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wolfbrother »

I love it, nice use of colours and I love the shipyard. Is this going to be a full fleet?
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Not sure yet.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I agree, the shipyard/containment field looks great, as does the ship. Is the whole of the empty part for its reactor? If so then it looks like the ship is gonna be pretty big.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Yeah, the ships is going to big. Not sure just how big. My last big ships was Epic Fail so I'm hesitant to build so big but I'm gonna try.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Update!!![/jingle]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Nice, I like how you did the black hole effect. The reactor looks really fiery and awesome, well done there. So, are you gonna continue the hull now?
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Yeah. But I doing it slowly due to the many things I'm currently involved in i.e. The Cold War and the BSF Wiki
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Big update!

So, any comments or criticism?
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

MAHSM launchers, duh. No boring old beams...
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

okay :D
Kinda was leaning that way already.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I agree, as long as it's not just a large, fast missile, these MAHSM things are better then a super-powerful megabeam any day. Also, the ship looks great, I can't wait to see more work on it.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

mtheminja wrote:MAHSM launchers, duh. No boring old beams...
Thirded . MAHSMs sound very interesting.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Finished the mark I a.k.a the In Amber Clad. I plan to expand upon the hull and create two more designs. So, how do you like the In Amber Clad? I plan a download once I finish fixing the main beam.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

It looks great, but too small. Seeing as you're building more ships off this hull, that's fine, but as it is, the blank space for the reacktor takes up about a third of the ship, which makes the ship look like it's unfinished.