First try - Defiant-Class

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Freiberg
Ensign
Ensign
Location: In orbit of Trathla to oversee construction of the Cerican

First try - Defiant-Class

Post by Freiberg »

Before you yell at me, I give Anna full credit for this design. I was originally going to post a ship that looked almost exactly like the one he said not to do, so, naturally, I changed my ship to look like his. With no deflectors, I added ablative hull armor, and I believe that this qualifies as a medium-size battleship.

That said, here goes:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... -Class.shp

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... -Class.sb3
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

The overall design looks pleasing, the repitition is meh, and the weapons' parenting is bad, you don't parent the weapons to the core, you parent them to the section/s that they're on.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Dude.

You can use a section repeatedly, but at least make it aesthetic enough. Spamming section 22, 4 and 3 may be easy and fast but in the end, you're not going to have a nice looking ship there. Just...blocks of stuff. And on the good side, I do spy section 5, so I'll give you credit for that. Only thing is that you have to spruce up the ship to simply make it nicer. And less repetitive. Well, good luck.

You also might want to re-parent your sections.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

It seems you failed miserably to actually read the Ship Guide, even though your ship is a blatant attempt to almost copy it wholesale. Y'know what? Better idea. Look at my ship thread. Look at Spoot's ship thread. Hell, look at Lizzie's thread. Then look at your ship. If you can't see what's wrong with it, you're a lost cause.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.