The Monarch Project: Dufrane and Bloodwolf classes

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Joss
Commander
Commander

Post by Joss »

IVL?

Oh yes and how about beating somthing that isnt startreck related project?

Just for variety.
The below is true...
The above is false....
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

What? The IVL is a project made by Lizzie (who has long left the forums). Those ships are based on stock ships.

Or do you mean that I should BUILD something not ST related? Cos that's the case with ma next project.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Joss
Commander
Commander

Post by Joss »

No you said you would put these ships up against some other opponents. I presumed you meant build some klington ships or somthing...
The below is true...
The above is false....
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Ooooh....May I point out that there is a big honkin link in my sig, that leads to my previous thread, which is full of those things? Kthx.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Joss
Commander
Commander

Post by Joss »

I think we are both misundestanding each other, make it fight an athena or somthing is what i meant.
The below is true...
The above is false....
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

An Athena would get owned by the monarch (unless he underarmed it), what would be cool is pitting one against your Borg Cube (imagines fight of epic proportions).

Also,
Wait why should he beat things that don't involve startrek? I mean, I'm not a big startrek fan so I personally want things out there that don't involve startrek to remain not horribly injured, but that's just me.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I got one more idea for you, not sure if you did it yet in one of your other threads. The Enterprise D from the episode where picard is switching back and forth between timelines. In that future it wasnt destroyed by the klingons, but survived and was modified with a third nacelle and a huge honken phaser module on the saucer section. In your fleet they were all kind of small scale so it might be cool to do a more detailed version. Also have you thought of doing a Battlestar Galactica fleet? With your skills it would be awesome! or maybe farscape or blake 7 lol
Caboose
Commander
Commander

Post by Caboose »

ArcaneDude, I tested out the ships today, and I had some feed back. Let's go off in order.

Monarch:
A really big, overall nice ship. Needs a bit less health (I couldn't make it fight any amount of ships that were not uber-wank without the Monarch winning), but it is otherwise a good ship. And @ Bad Boy: I made one fight a Borg Cube. The Monarch ate the thing like it was breakfast without losing a section.

Asimov:
I really liked the design on this one. It not only feels really Star Trekky, but it is an overall nice ship to use. My number one favorite out of this first batch.

Insight:
I personally did not like this one. The overall design does not look like something Star Fleet would build, much less put into action. It is fairly under-gunned (although, it ma be designed to fight in swarms, I do not know). A bit of hull redesigning should be able to fix most of the problems here (please note the "bit". In my opinion, it does not need a complete redesign, just a bit of modification). As a quickie before I move on, the Insight has two pieces of hull just floating off the back end. It is two piece number 4's (if I remember right, because I quickly opened up the editor and removed them), and they float off the back making a sort of V shape. Not sure if this is part of future hull developments, or if it was just an accident. However, this needs to be fixed, because they stretch out the circle that shows you have selected the ship.

General: Although each of the ships are good in their respective aspects, the only problem that is found abroad is the weapons. I know that the torpedoes are designed to go farther and hurt more then the phasers, but I kept running into the problem that my ships simply would not fire their phasers, either because they stayed out of range and just sniped with torpedoes, or because by the time they entered phaser range, the target had already been blown up.
Another problem that is related is phaser output damage itself. Although the torpedoes ripped through the enemy hull plating like a hot knife through butter, the phasers did very little in the way of destruction. They seemed to only destroy hull plating when the torpedoes had softened up the targeted area first. A bit of re-balancing in this aspect is needed more then changes anywhere else (in my opinion).

But, overall, the ships are good, have a nice solid design to them, and are overall very nice. Keep up the good work: I cannot wait for your next ship release.

Good luck, live long, and prosper.
No, wait, go back! Why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?

The United Terran-Grakk'Mar Alliance Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2293&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Needs a bit less health
I kinda figured that already, it's been changed from 3000 to 2100.
two pieces of hull just floating off the back end.
O.o Fixed.

About the weapons: I know I have to change those weapons. Torpedoes are too powerful, and have too long a range, while the other thing around is true for the Phasers. Don't worry, I'll fix that, and bring out another download that includes all ships (I've built an additional 5 ships, and I'm still thinking about other designs.).

@jwa: Meh. I'm not much for that mod-with-extra-nacelle thingy. Seems kinda cheap.

Battlestar galactic, eh? Might do that. But I've already planned another project, after this.
Caboose
Commander
Commander

Post by Caboose »

Ok ArcaneDude, thanks for hearing my suggestions out. But I have to ask, just out of curiosity: How many projects have you already planned out, and how long are the said projects going to take (as in, how much of your free time are you dedicating to making BSF versions of popular ships)?

The United Terran-Grakk'Mar Alliance Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2293&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

This project will be the last fanship-related project in a long time. I have tons of new designs in my sketchbook, and I wanna make those. This project will take me two weeks at best to complete. I have three more projects vaguely planned out, but I've already decided on my next one.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

Nice ships Arcane :D:lol:
Caboose
Commander
Commander

Post by Caboose »

Well, I cannot wait to see what you pull out of your hat next ArcaneDude.

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Rabbits. Lots of 'em. With ablative armour and imbagunz. :lol:

BTW, If anyone has a good Star Trek site for me, I mean one with noncanon 3D models (not battleclinic.)(Nooo, not Outalance.), mind giving me the linky? Thx.
Joss
Commander
Commander

Post by Joss »

The below is true...
The above is false....