The Monarch Project: Dufrane and Bloodwolf classes

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

A few quickies I did this afternoon, the Insight and Asimov classes. Nothing special, just in the same theme as the Monarch.

Two of each, compared to the Monarch.
You amy have noticed they're not armed yet, but I have no idea what to give them. I've never seen the E-J fire, so I don't know about faser colour, torpedoes,...Any suggestions?

Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

A couple of questions; 1) How many pieces is the Monarch? 2) Have you armed any of these or just not the Insight and Asimov (both of which are quite nice).
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The Monarch has 422 sections. All of these ships are as of yet unarmed, since I don't hve any documentation on the armament of the period. I'll come with some stuff myself.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
wolfy
Commander
Commander

Post by wolfy »

pretty brilliant work there.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

ArcaneDude wrote:The Monarch has 422 sections. All of these ships are as of yet unarmed, since I don't hve any documentation on the armament of the period. I'll come with some stuff myself.
check out the episode Azati Prime, when they show the enterprise J. There is a brief scene where archer and danials are looking out the viewport and several ships are firing. Spherebuilder weapons appear to be cobalt blue, federation appear to be the normal orangish red. If you wanna be creative maybe figure out how to combine several beams into one, deathstar style. Wouldnt be such a stretch cuz the Enterprise D has the array that builds to one beam, and it would look cool.
BigFattyPlus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by BigFattyPlus »

Very nice, Arcane! I really like your work!

I would suggest that you use something kinda bright blue-ish to simulate the quantum torpedoes that they would (probably) still have. As for 'Phasers' (sorry, as a Trekkie, I had to point that out, ha ha ha), I would just have them stay orange-ish red in color, as they have always been that color.
"Suffer the little ones, for they may yet rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BygPhattyPlus
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

@Wolfy: thanks, pal. :)

@jwa: Good idea. I'll play around with doodads 'n beams a bit, see what I can get.

@BFP: If they still used quantum torpedoes, I'd be surprised, since:

In the 22nd century, the NX-01 uses photonic torpedoes, that largely resemble missiles.

In that same century, the Constitution class uses photon torpedoes, far more powerful.

In the 24th century, quantum torpedoes are already being used.

The Enterprise J is a 31st century warship, I'd figure Starfleet has made a few advancements in the 700 years inbetween.

I think I've already figured something out, but I'm still tweaking and considering. Thanks anyways.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Armament figured out, I use blue modded mining beams and just as blue modded pulsars for type-XX phasers and Boson torpedoes. First dowload is out, with these weapons.

BTW, instead of giving them bubble shields, deflectors or the like, I decided to up the health. The larger the ship, the greater the health. This will provide a more realistic feel of in-battle repiars and close-fittinf shields, as seen in ST-Nemesis. I just liked that more than those ugly ineffective bubbleshields I've been using.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Can you post a pic of it with weapons and some pics of it akillin stuff? Also, 422, well done, it looke to me like it had quite a ot more. Oh yes, do the long, skinny with strut thingies have more life or are they otherwise defended. One more thing, good choice on the addition of more armour, huge, tank ships like this one take too long to kill if they have deflectors.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

You wanted action pics? You're getting action pics.

Monarch action pics coming soon.

I had an Eternus (new ship), an Asimov and two Insights fight this:

Unfortunately, it didn't go well, the WCW5 intercepted most of the Boson torpedoes, and it's deflectors did a good job at keeping away those phasers . however, most of the outer hull ablatives were either red or yellow.
Joss
Commander
Commander

Post by Joss »

They are brilliant looking ships, though most ships that look good are hard to keep looking good and still be good in combat i have found.
The below is true...
The above is false....
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Well, they may not be able to defeat the WCW5, but they butcher an IVL warfleet, even when it's in superior numbers. I'll see whether I can find an interesting opponent.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Here's what I suggest, make or download a target drone (i.e. tough but no or very few weapons, no or very few pd's and no movement whatsoever) and pit these ships against it, that way, we can see their weapons without them being overshadowed by the wcw's more numerous weapons. Either that or pit them against each other. Anyway, cool battle pics, but how about the Monarch killing (big, uber) things.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

First thing: I'll do that.
Second thing: Monarch pwning big things? Coming up!
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Yay, the mad awesomeness111 Also, does the Monarch have the same weapons as the other ships (i.e. modded mining beams and modded pulsars) but more of them, or are all of its weapons (or at least some of them) unique?