The Schkrin Extrasolar Navy

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Tsakara
Captain
Captain

The Schkrin Extrasolar Navy

Post by Tsakara »

The Schkrin (pronounced Scrin) are a race nearly genetically identical to humans. They Come from the twin worlds of Aura and Aurora, although originally evolving on Aurora, both planets are considered a home.
Aurora is vast with oceans spanning most of the world, it is dotted wit thousands of islands ranging from small clumps of rock to continents the size of Australia. Schkrin scientists are currently unable to figure out exactly how they evolved, as Aurora's fossil record is incredibly incomplete, which is understandablw since most of the areas above water are made of volcanic rock, and the stones that would preserve fossils are pressed beneath the sea floor. The strange thing is, Aurora has very few large land animals, and hardly any that resemble them. So how did their evolution actually come about?
Eventually the race advanced, as all do, and decided to explore that strange mirror world that hung in the sky like a beacon for all those years. In crude dangerous ships they crossed the small gulf of space separating the two planets, and set foot on Aura, their second home.
Aura was a strange place, it had huge soft reefs made of some glowing material, forests with faintly glowing leaves, a cooler breezier atmosphere, yet despite these strange things the population of Aurora rapidly spread onto the second planet and didn't stop there, in barely 3 centuries faster then light drive was developed and new colonies were settled. The Schkrin had begun their expansion across the stars.
For the next four centuries, peace and prosperity reigned across the Schkrin Confederacy. That was until, they found the Venerans.
No one knows who fired the first shots, or why, all that is known is that the joint colony world of Isx was completely destroyed, blasted into an expanding cloud of rubble and debris.
The fall of Isx was only the beginning, and slowly mounting tensions exploded into a full blown war.
The Battle lines pushed back and forth across space before finally stabilizing and remaining that way for nearly 900 years, the two sides threw their forces into the fray, one by one, entire worlds were lost. Destroyed, forgotten or rendered uninhabitable. The Schkrin created AIs advanced robotic creations to fight and die for them, allowing them to concentrate on roduction and holding the lines, the Schkrin slowly began regaining lost ground, that is until the AIs betrayed them.
The Machines rose up, destroyed three colonies from orbit and announced their independence, the Schkrin were barely able to recapture half their fleet, before the machines fled into deep space to write their own story. The Schkrin were now on the downslope, over the next 100 years little by little, the battle lines were forced more and more into Schkrin territory, Then in a bold move a Schkrin strike force penetrated the Veneran lines and destroyed one of their massive Hive ships from which they launched their attacks. The battle lines shifted again and with a last desperate Blitzkrieg the Schkrin forced their troops through and besieged the Veneran homeworld. Unfortunately their lines broke too because of all the ships used on the attack and the Venerans encircled the Schkrin homeworlds.
After a month of tension, with neither side making a move, both factions quietly withdrew to their own territory.
That was just the beginning.
Both sides accepted the peace, but still neither trusted the other, creating one of the greatest arms races in the universe, for nearly two thousand years tensions quietly mounted. The civilians of both sides got along fine, but their governments slowly built up massive stockpiles of ships, weapons, and supplies. Knowing that it was only a matter of time.
THe Schkrin began evolving, the scientists blamed it on their time in space as well as the effects of the glowing plants on Aura. They gradually developed swirling bioluminescent patches on their skin, their eyes turned a brighter blue and their skin grew very pale, like a canvas for the swirling patterns. They also seemed to lose some of their physical strength, but the loss was regained mentally as their average IQ went up nearly 70 points.
And then the bubble burst. A roving black hole plowed into the Veneran border system of Prosk, the Schkrin sent out a gravity cage ship to capture the black hole (and secretly add it to their stockpile of weaponry) but this happened only after the Veneran colony had been wiped out.
The Venerans were furious for not saving the colony, the schkrin were furious at being accused, and the tension finally snapped.
With a roar of weapons fire a massive battle formed along the border between the two races, systems were engulfed in explosions and even stars burned dimmer as the flash of guns formed a solid line of conflict nearly 40 lightyears long. In the openning battle, both sides lost half their forces, and then began to withdraw.

500 years have gone by, and the war still rages, In a losing battle one Schkrin ship misjumped, an energy overload catapulted it out of known space and it ended up in the upper atmosphere of an unknown planet, when they crashed on the surface, they were shocked to find that their were people there. Two years later the Schkrin ambassadors arrived on Earth, and found the planet held many colonies of its own, with dozens of races and nations in a scattering across the local star cluster. Many were puzzled, who was this strange race? these bright upstarts? Scientists found that Schkrin and human DNA was identical by nearly 99.9999% Many believed that humans were the descendants of a Schkrin colony, but no one knew, the records had been lost to the seas of time. Most of the Schkrin are convinced Earth was a colony, while most of the humans do not. Either way, Earth may be the Schkrin's last hope.
Because although they hold their ground in the war, the years and layers of conflict have chipped away at the Schkrin culture, forcing them into a rut. They are decaying, as a culture, as people, they are not a race meant for the years of war they have been forced into, maybe humanity, this new race, can turn the tide, and save them from themselves.

Current Schkrin Fleet assessment

Photo of Fast strike group 7, currently docked at the Kyshuburo Station, in orbit of Aura facing the darkside, Aurora can be seen in the distance:
note: the planetary rings have been edited out of the image as they would interfere with the fleet view. Both planets are in fact ringed. Aura has Black rings, Aurora has Silver rings.

Zero Fighter Type 1:
Basic Information
Armor Rating:75
speed: 9
Acceleration: 6
turning: 7
Description:
The Sckrin Zero is a fast attack space superiority fighter. holding a crew of 4 it can keep flying for days at a time.
Weapons loadout:
2X light Antiproton beam cannons
2X Reflex Cannons

Zero Fighter Type 2:
Basic Information
Armor Rating:75
speed: 9
Acceleration: 6
turning: 7
Description:
The Sckrin Zero is a fast attack space superiority fighter. holding a crew of 4 it can keep flying for days at a time.
Weapons loadout:
2X light Antiproton beam cannons
2X Railguns

Traveler Destroyer
Basic Information
Armor Rating:400
speed: 4
Acceleration: 3
turning: 3
Description:
The Traveler is the most essential ship to the Schkrin Navy, it lacks in offensive weapons but this is made up for by a large number of defensive cannons, providing fire support for an entire fleet.
Weapons loadout:
2X Light Antiproton beam cannons
16X Darkmatter Particle Guns

Revelation Destroyer
Basic Information
Armor Rating:350
speed: 2.05
Acceleration: 0.05
turning: 0.75
Description:
The Revelation is a powerful long range bombardment cruiser, lacking close in weapons, its best to keep it out of the main fight.
Weapons loadout:
4X Mark II Energy Shotguns
4X Darkmatter Particle Guns

Remora Cutter
Basic Information
Armor Rating:190
speed: 4
Acceleration: 3
Description:
The Remora cutter is the Schkrin solution to pirate raids on the shipping lanes. The cutter is well equipped to deal with small pirate threats.
Weapons loadout:
4X light Antiproton Beam cannons
6X Ion Pulse Cannons

Redemption Field Hospital Ship
Basic Information
Armor Rating:600
speed: 1.95
Acceleration: 0.5
Description:
This lightly armed ship serves as both a mobile hospital and a repair station for other Schkrin forces
Weapons loadout:
2X light Antiproton Beam cannons
4X Nanobot Deployment stations

Absolution Battlecruiser
Basic Information
Armor Rating: 600
speed: 2.15
Description:
The Mainstay of the Schkrin Solar Navy, the Absolution packs a punch, however it lacks heavy defenses and can be swarmed by smaller ships easily
Weapons loadout:
8X light Antiproton Beam cannons
6X medium Antiproton Beam cannons
2X Heavy Antiproton Beam Cannons
4X Bolt Accelerator Turrets
4X Autodrone launch pods

Firefly Light Cruiser
Basic Information
Armor Rating:150
speed: 5.8
Acceleration: 2
Description:
A Sckrin medium cruiser the Firefly mounts an experimental reactor system sacrificing armor for speed and manuveribility
Weapons loadout:
8X medium Antiproton Beam cannons
2X Ultraviolet Defense Beams
1X Quantum Relocation Drive

Illuminator Drone Carrier
Basic Information
Armor Rating:500
speed: 1.95
Acceleration: 0.5
Description:
The Illuminator is a large drone carrier capable of supporting several fighter wings.
Weapons loadout:
4X light Antiproton Beam cannons
8X Darkmatter Particle Guns
12X Autodrone Launch Pods

Inhibitor Cutter
Basic Information
Armor Rating:350
speed: 3
Acceleration: 1
turning: 1
Description:
The Inhibitor is a fast attack cutter, though weak in armor, its heavy weapons make up for the lack of shielding
Weapons loadout:
2X medium Antiproton Beam cannons
4X Rapidfire Ion Pulse Guns
2X Bolt Accelerator Turrets

Inquisitor Broadside Dreadnought
Basic Information
Armor Rating:700
speed: 2.05
turning: 0.35
Description:
The Inquistor class broadside Dreadnought is more powerful then the Absolution despite being a good deal smaller. This high powered gunboat is one of the most powerful units in the Schkrin Navy
Weapons loadout:
6X medium Antiproton Beam cannons
7X Darkmatter particle guns
4X Bolt Accelerator Turrets
16X Railguns
1X Mass Tachyon Venter
1X Antiparticle Driver
Last edited by Tsakara on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

That fleet is awesome!!! :o
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Wow, thats just lovely! The style and originality are simply awesome. Great choice of colors.
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

yeah now I've got to make an entire Veneran fleet. *sigh*
oh yeah, here is the download:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... chkrin.rar
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

... no more Tiberium Wars for you. ^^

Apart from that, those look weally weally pwetty.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Zater
Commander
Commander

Post by Zater »

Love the organic look.
This year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have failed to practise ourselves the kind of behaviour we expect from other people. - C.S. Lewis
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

First off, You've just made me VERY happy. Thank you.
Secondly, Care to enter this into the BSF Beauty Pagent?
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=801
Its, Its just so pretty...
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Which reminds me, what is that font you're using?
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

The Font is futurist fixed width.
I didn't base it off Tiberium Wars, I hated that game, it was so bland.
I had this rough idea in my head long before I found BSF, I actually renamed them as the Schkrin because TWs took Skrin which was the original name for the race.
sure I'll enter them in the contest, but to do so do I have to read through all 7 pages of that topic?
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

That... Color... Is... Awesome!
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Tsakara wrote:The Font is futurist fixed width.
I didn't base it off Tiberium Wars, I hated that game, it was so bland.
I had this rough idea in my head long before I found BSF, I actually renamed them as the Schkrin because TWs took Skrin which was the original name for the race.
sure I'll enter them in the contest, but to do so do I have to read through all 7 pages of that topic?
nope. just the 1 post.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

I like the Illuminator, though I wonder what it'd be like if it had some extensions in the center-back.
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

Well the basic idea of the Illuminator is that it's a flying wing shape. I think It'd look kinda weird with a tail.
_Ti__
Commander
Commander

Post by _Ti__ »

maybe weird, but at first, i thought they were backwards, and i think they looked better.

Backwards or not, beautifull fleet!
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2315][b]ENEBRA COLONIAL NAVY[/b][/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/_Ti__/ECNsig.jpg[/img]
Auriak
Captain
Captain

Post by Auriak »

Great ships, and nice backstory, too.
_Ti__ I noticed that too. I thought they were facing the lower right corner until I saw the thrusters.