Evlein Democratic Federation, Main Fleet Finished, New DL!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Overuse of demeter turrets makes me want to cry
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

See the thing about the demeter turrets is that once I start using them, it wotld look bad if I suddenly stopped. The broadside battleship suffered somewhat from that. On another note, I just realised that I forgot to post the new download, change the title, and remove some old text. I`ll do all of that, and update the pics when next I have access to computer based internet. And finally, comments are welcome.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Bump for comments.

Mod edit:
Spam
Spam is obviously against the rules. I didn't think this needed saying, as it's fairly obvious. If you make blatantly irrelevant or otherwise worthless posts, in an attempt to get attention or bump your thread/postcount, you will get in trouble for it.

I'd have thought that telling you once was enough. Now I'm giving you an official warning. That's two you've got stacked up now. Have a nice day.

-Anna
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Comments:
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.

Seriously, I can't tell what's supposed to be what.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Droid wrote:Comments:
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.
Demeter turrets.

Seriously, I can't tell what's supposed to be what.
Bandwagon.
Bandwagon.
Bandwagon.
Bandwagon.
Bandwagon.
Bandwagon.
Bandwagon.
Bandwagon.
Bandwagon.
Bandwagon.
Bandwagon.
Bandwagon.

That's the problem. People jumping on goddamn bandwagons. Demeter turrets are silly, people! :roll:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

D. Turrets are only bad if executed poorly in a rage of spam on every weapon kinda like the above. Its just a pain to never be able to tell what's under it.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

You wanted comments, BB? Here, have some. I doubt it's what you wanted, though:
[11:26] <Anna> Arca, was this a valid reason to give a warning? http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 9371#69371
[11:26] <Arcalane> mhm
[11:26] <Anna> Excellent.
[11:27] <Anna> Droids comments are great, too. XD
[11:28] <Arcalane> I commented on his comment. :V
[11:30] <Arcalane> the ships themselves are rather bland and penislike anyway
[11:30] <Anna> Indeed.
[11:30] <Anna> Fairly crappy ships on the whole.
[11:30] <DanHawking> He has a knack for that
[11:30] <AidanAdv> I hate the Dreadnought
[11:31] <DanHawking> That thing looks spindly as fuck
[11:31] <AidanAdv> I don't like any of them, but that one I particuraly hate.
Last edited by Anna on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

So is the general consensus that I should remove the demeter turrets?
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Remove some/most
If its done in moderation is fine.

if you have to cover everything in turrets, at least use some megatachs, impeder-deployers, or whatnot. Just don't use the same thing for every single weapon type. (say, it would be acceptable to have all beams as megatachs, all plasmas as d. turrets - at least you can figure out what's what by seeing it shoot once.)
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Alright then, time to address the sudden swarm of comments. Firstly, Droid, I`ll take your advice and remake the ships with different turrets for some of the weapons, and no turrets for others. (new par.) Secondly, Anna, thank you (somewhat) for the brutal honesty. I suppose I`ll treat the quoted comments as posted ones and address them. Firstly, the dreadnought, I agree that it is way too spindly, and seeing as someone complained about it, I`ll redo it. About their "crappiness", I`d love to fix it, but I lack specifics (which is fair enough considering that the comments weren`t actually posted here). I don`t see how they`re penislike, except that they`re long and fairly thin, which can be said of numerous ships in this and in real other games, as well as in real life. I don`t find them overly bland, but I suppose I`m not the best judge. Anna, although you probably meant to insult or offend me, at least it was honest criticism.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Have you ever tried changing the color of the aegis cracks to something like orange or red? I feel it'd spice up the monotone blandness. You could change the color of the shielded cannon mounts as well.

Also, changing the thruster aegis to purple like the exhaust would also make it less bland.

The Dreadnought and Carrier look like they could use some side-pods... They look...incomplete.

In addition, you could try varying the projectile color from the hull color. (I said try, it might not look good).
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I've been testing these ships out a bit, and there's quite a large problem; they're pretty weak compared to the MRA ships, in both armour and firepower. Might wanna crank it up a bit if you want to achieve MRA balancing level.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

All the ships have been returreted, and weapon colours have been changed. I have a new ship in the works, it'll be done soon.

@AD: That's strange, because in one on one battles I found that my ships (of cruiser plus size) were stronger. The smaller (cruiser and smaller) sized ships are supposed to be weaker but spammed.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Well, the turret mounts certainly don't look as boring, that's a good sign.
Now get onto IRC more, and join #THV-RP. Its getting boring/lonely there.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I would love to, but I can`t access IRC on my cell, so I won`t be able to contribute to that too much for another week or so. On another note, sorry about the dead pics, but I ran out of time. I`ll fix them ASAP. Also should I keep the dynamic action shots, or put still ones?