4th BP: Final Scores are up.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Original ships are coming in nicely. Don't forget about the two other categories, people! We need fleets and fanships too.

@bl3d4: your section DL gives me a 404 error. Please re-upload it.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

Finally, it's done, now let's see what other people think of it. The quality of the other entries really amazes me, but maybe there's still a place for this ship in there. I'm fairly confident I can get the "Most Nooby" award, and probably get a shot at "Most Illogical Design" too.

I might also enter into both fleet (group of space-whales) and fan-ship (Star Wars' Arc Hammer) contests, but that depends on the amount of time I have to make ships.

Anvil of Stars

.shp file (right click/save as)
.sb4 file (right click/save as)
Schematics
Design Schematics
Before the raider/slaver attacks began this ship was used to hunt down the Balaenoptera musculus Extraterestrus, also known as space-whales. These enormous creatures float among debris clouds, feeding on radioactive materials. Their meat has an energy density of 272 MJ/kg, making it very attractive as spaceship fuel.

Space whalers are rugged ships, sporting point defences to defend itself from asteroids and whale attacks. Their most noticable feature is the enormous harpoon cannon, used for both killing the creatures and towing them back to the ship. There the whale will be processed by drones and transported to the whaler's cargo holds.

When the raider attacks began a lot of civilian ships where enrolled into navy service, and this is one of them. The whaler's iconic harpoon cannon was replaced by a planetary defence beam. This weapon is normally used as fixed defence on planets, but the reinforced structure of the space whaler allows this weapon to be carried into space. The processing drone facilities where loaded with gun drones and two twin autocannons where added to the bridge.

This results in a rugged warship with long range anti capital ship firepower and anti-fighter defence by the gun drones. The assymetric design allows firing while on the move, allowing the ship to slowly encircle attackers while keeping them under pressure.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I'm making this post to adress a fairly important issue.

At this rate, the possibility that we'll have sufficient entries before the dealine is alarmingly small. Without enough entries, this BP cannot continue.

What I'm asking from everyone is to report in whether you're going to submit a ship (don't post if you're not planning to, of course) and in which categories you plan to enter. Original ships aren't the major concern, but there are simply no fleets or fanships. We need those desperatly as well.

I need a list of future entrants because I need to consider a few measures, hopefully increasing popularity of this pageant in doing so.

Remember that this is not necessarily just a competition. Even losing will get you a wealth of experience, as you'll have a chance of examining top of the line ships from up close, AND getting detailed, valid and *a lot* of critisizm on the ships you build, telling you exactly what issues are to be adressed. It's all about good spirit, folks!
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

I'll polish up and sub an original fleet.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

I'm submitting a fleet certainly and an original maybe, just to be clear.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I'm definitely sending in an original, probably a fleet, and, I might do a fanship if I can easily find topdown ref pics, and feel like spending the time.
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

Another fleet is almost done, and will be entered into the competition for sure.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

I will definitely submit an original, and maybe a fan ship.

Right now I have two ships that I can submit for an original entry, but I am having a hard time deciding which one I should submit. :?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I have an original almost ready to post, and a fanship mostly done.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

@Bad Boy: if you want, I'll gladly help finding some refpics.

It seems I had little to worry about. Continue posting though. It's nice to know these things.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

I haven't had much interest in BSF lately, but I'd been looking at this. If I get the inspiration I'll probably make an original and a fanship.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/IxraninEL/Screenies/AsiSig1.gif[/img]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

ArcaneDude wrote:@Bad Boy: if you want, I'll gladly help finding some refpics.
If I can't find anything, then sure, thanks. At the moment, I'm not 100% sure I'll do a fanship, so I haven't actually searched for ref pics of the ship.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I'm getting a computer tomorrow.

I'm in.

I'll make an original ship. Probably a fleet if I have the time. Fanship is unlikely, but I may work out something.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

I am going to submit a ship hopefully by the end of May. New colorscheme.

And hey Anna, great to hear you're getting a new rig. God, it sucks to be without a PC.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

I have an definite interest in doing a fan ship for the BP, if I can get a little help with a ref-pic. There's a 3d model I found that I would like to use, but I can't seem to open it with blender. So, if anyone can help out with those ref-pics, I'm in.
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy