My fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

BizzarreCoyote
Commander
Commander

Post by BizzarreCoyote »

1: Edit button, please use it.

2: You posted the image tags for the same image three times.

3: The shipmaker has a built-in screenshot creator. Press F9, then drag the cursor around what you want the picture to be of. This will make the screen shots far smaller, as it only focuses on what you want, not the entire screen.

Failing that, use paint to crop the shot.

4: The parenting looks like a complete mess. Looks like if I remove the yellow section in the back, the front will come flying off too. It also seems over-armed for a ship it's size, namely in point defense. Try cutting the Flak gun numbers in half.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/bizzarecoyote][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/bizzarecoyote.png[/img][/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Siber wrote:(though it'd be nice if you could have found something nice to say, hmm?).
Hey, I said his section usage was okay. :p

On the images; odd. Normally the top and bottom ones should work. Just copy the image tag from your photobucket (sais that in the drop down box, bottom option I believe) and copypaste? If that's what you're doing, chances are you need to re-attach the aft image tag to your link, that happens frequently.

EDIT; nevermind my bantering, Anna fixed it.

The parenting in that last ship is fairly messy. Look at this for a detailed explanation on what's wrong. The ship is fairly simple, and there are still too many weapons in such a confined space. The colors are better, though.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

alright thx guys, my series of advanced Nanz ships are coming out soon...
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

Turtle Tank

It hasn't been completed yet so im not uploading it...
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

A part of the Nanz Fleet
(from top to bottom)
Advanced Alien Corvette
Advanced Alien Destroyer
Advanced Alien Obstructor
and the Nanz Shadower (i created this for fun)

I will post the whole fleet of Nanz when im done with the rest.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Blackrider, bumping your thread s generally acceptable if it involves new content, but your last three posts were within an hour of each other, and its not the first time. In cases like that, please either Edit the first post or hold off until you can post everything you want to. This is a forum, you don't have to tell us that you might have something in the next few minutes.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

alright. i was just testing my pics
'Why so serious?' [b]-The Insane Asylum[/b]
Neroman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Neroman »

I like the Advanced Alien Obstructor. You might want to shrink the Gat Blasters, they seem a bit to big for the ship.
The colors are ok. But I'm not a fan of them.

You might want to go easy on the boosters and simply mod the guns.
[img]http://i19.tinypic.com/6ugnpjm.jpg[/img]
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

i accidently mix up booster with thruster and im going to change the ship names to, im editing the nanz shadower to make it 100% black.
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

Fix the colors and your first fleet is just epic lag spam please reduce weapons and fix your colors again fix your colors
im editing the nanz shadower to make it 100% black.
No bad idea.....period
Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

its not laggy unless your PC is slow, at least not on mine and my friend's.
guilee186
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by guilee186 »

If you're going to make the ship totally black, I recommend that you outline. if not, you might want to prepare to get critiqued heavily. also, if you are trying to make it useful, try a lighter colour, if not it is absolutely invisible to the player and not the AI.
Congratulations. You're a textbook definition of a troll. -Danny
~Armored Core is to Cosmicbreak like Starcraft II is to World of Warcraft.~
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

Entirely black ships suck.

No question about it.

These ships are... interesting. It doesn't look all that great.

It would help your image on the forums a lot better if you used proper grammar and spelling. I'm sort of a stickler when it comes to that. You have all the time in the world to make a post. Use it. It doesn't take long to turn
blackrider123 wrote:dun expect to much i jus started this game a week ago and of course thats not all my ships. thx for the advice guys!
Into:
blackrider123 should have wrote:Don't expect too much. I just started this game a week ago and of course, that isn't every ship I've made. Thanks for the advice, guys!
Now, back to the ships. The overall shapes are good, but you have over 100 sections to choose from. Use 'em. You also don't need to weapon spam all that much.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

Your ships are OK as far as newbie ships go. the first few you posted have had glaring problems with weapons spam and overuse of aegis, however, it's good to see improvement.

This last batch of ships is better, but I still wouldn't call them good. the colors clash a little bit. I would suggest turning glow to black in the menu options so that you don't get that ugly brown stuff on the ship in game. also, your weapons can be recolored with the apostrophe key, or by clicking the side color buttons with the weapon selected. try to make the weapons flow with your color scheme. my favorite of that last batch is the third from the top. keep playing with it and see what you can do.
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

i hav already made the advanced alien cruiser, battlecruiser, carrier, dreadnought, and juggernaut(huge). i will post the picture if anyone is interested to see it.