MRA; Second Gen on page 21

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Interesting story?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:54 am

Yay!
100%
Nay.
No votes

Total votes: 12

Slominator
Commander
Commander

Post by Slominator »

Very nice ships ArcaneDude. There's quite a bit of stretching on some of those ships, but I guess there's not much you could do about it with the way they are shaped. I don't care what anyone else says about the backstory. The backstory is EXELLENT!
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2470]FreeSpace 2 Ships[/url]
[img]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/Slominator/fs2sig24.jpg[/img]
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

Well, there's 11 other people (including me) who agree with you, and none who disagree.
Congrats on the all-around accepted storyline Arcane!
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Heh. Thanks, guys. Now for the 4th faction.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

Post by ArcaneDude »

Bumpety for mega update.

I'm going to put fleets in separate posts from now, things get sloppy if you have fifty ships in the same post.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Entellian Interstellar Navy

Being descendants of Terran colonists, the Entellians build their naval forces in honour of Earth's ancient wet-navy battleships. Combined with the Entellian technology level, this has produced some of the meanest, toughest and nastiest warships in the galaxy.

The Entellians have recently adopted the IVL's naming scheme.

Light ships;

-EM-GS-Intrepid
-EM-MK-Indomitable
-EM-RPB-Nineveh
-EM-LF-Inconveyable
-EM-ZF-Crucible
-EM-RD-Rigorous
-EM-MZD-Intolerant

Cruisers;

-EM-LKr-Infinite Diabolism
-EM-ZKr-Endless Orchestra
-EM-PKr-Infinite Remorse

Heavy ships;

-EM-PSS-Elizabeth Alexandria Brewster
-EM-VMDS-Daniel Hawking
-EM-SSS-Michael Goede

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As you might be able to see, the larger ships in this fleet have been given the (real) names of some forumites. I have only two more ships to build in this one; a light carrier (that I lost for no apparent reason) and a heavy carrier. That'll about finish it, I think.

Comments, critisizm...all is welcome.

BIG RED NOTICE; the ship classifications are going to be changed to Dutch wordings before DL.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I assume that they're balanced against the Rustirri, VSE, and IVL? A few questions:
Why are there no heavy or light destroyers?
Why is the light frigate bigger than the heavy frigate?
Why are the frigates bigger than the missile destroyer and nearly as big as the light cruiser?
Other then those few things, the fleet is great, although they don't look as unique as the other fleets. Also, when are you gonna do the To'Hol Venaari (next, or after the Estedian Tribal Union)?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I assume that they're balanced against the Rustirri, VSE, and IVL? A few questions:
Correct.
Why are there no heavy or light destroyers?
Because most of the roles filled in by a heavy destroyer can be filled in by a light cruiser. Same for the light destroyer, with the heavy frigate. I might still decide to fill in all the gaps, but right now I'd rather concentrate on getting all five fleets presenteable.
Why is the light frigate bigger than the heavy frigate?
Because size isn't a quota between subclasses, at least for me. Firepower and amount of armour is. I didn't really focus on size with this one.
Why are the frigates bigger than the missile destroyer and nearly as big as the light cruiser?
My mistake, but as I said I wasn't focusing on size. Will fix.
Also, when are you gonna do the To'Hol Venaari (next, or after the Estedian Tribal Union)?
I'm going to do the Estedian ships first, thereby wrapping up the Movement part of the story. After that, I will make a separate thread for the To'Hol Venaari and their client races. Problem is, I have absolutely no idea what to do with their ships. Spikey and evil? Cold and functional? Might go either way.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

I'd go with cold and functional, with a bit of evil "Muaha ha ha" in the mix. because well, there evil.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I agree with TBE, cold and functional with a bit of evil. Also, good to see your using fewer deflectors (I just say that because I dislike deflectors).
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I like the asymmetry on the Daniel Hawking(They named a battleship after an electrician from the 'The Fast and the Furious?' set?) and the subtle shape of the Infinite Remorse is very cool. I've never been able to make multiple fleets, each with a separate yet quality style, and yet within each fleet build distinctive ships that still follow that common theme, all while making them usable against eachother. Very impressive.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I like the asymmetry on the Daniel Hawking(They named a battleship after an electrician from the 'The Fast and the Furious?' set?)
I wrote:As you might be able to see, the larger ships in this fleet have been given the (real) names of some forumites
Daniel Hawking = Aralolnia. Might wanna read the notes a bit more closely.
I've never been able to make multiple fleets, each with a separate yet quality style, and yet within each fleet build distinctive ships that still follow that common theme, all while making them usable against eachother. Very impressive.
Thanks. Seems I succeed in my goals then. Image
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

:shock: wow Aralolnia worked on fast and the furious?

:lol: My bad, didn't even scroll down once I saw the ships cuz I was so impressed with them.
Last edited by jwa8402 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ai_512
Commander
Commander

Post by Ai_512 »

Where do you get those smilies?

Anyway...

The Michael Goede is rather shiny.

I like how you have both rounded and non-rounded ships and still manage to make the fleet coherent.

(Sorry for the disjointed post- just the way my mind works. :P )
[img]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/NerdofChaos/Ai541.png[/img]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=61047#61047]Ai's Ships 'n Fleets[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2664]My New Fleet[/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Where do you get those smilies?
Right here.

It's a Dutch site, but the infrastructure is in English, so you should be able to navigate.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Darn beaten to it.

BTW there not stolen smilies are they?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

As far as that site is concerned, those are the official smileys. They're there for everyone to use, AFAIK.

Still. Copyright is the right to copy. Image

I just love those smileys...