Any winners here? Different ship types and themes? **edit**

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

admiral_tee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by admiral_tee »

Perturabo wrote:I think the Pilum still has way too many flak guns for a ship that size. Solid projectiles are nearly useless against it.
Thats a good point.
She is totally vulnerable against beams - having no Rorsch-thingy - but they again she does have Lancets and a fair bit of armour plating....

Also i have added a Burst 2 on all the flak guns...
Hmm, what i will do is half the flak guns on all sides, but make them bigger - after all they are 'better' then normal flak guns.

That should make her vulnerable to solid and beam weapons.

Good point.

Just got to make sure that i don't nerf her to oblivion...
admiral_tee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by admiral_tee »

Perturabo wrote:I think the Pilum still has way too many flak guns for a ship that size. Solid projectiles are nearly useless against it.
Another post.

Fixed the Pilum X:
Removed 4 more Flak Guns
Upsized the Flak Guns to reflect there improved performance (2x Burst)
Fixed some Mirroring issues
Changed AI behaviour to Flanking
Here is the link:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ilum_X.shp

Fixed the Raider.
Here 4 nano matrices made her too resilient. Exc against the Pilum. Pilum's 2 Lancets and Raiders no Deflectors meant she was stripped quickly of her weapons.
So here she is:
And the link to play:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... Raider.shp
Whats your opinion?

I have also created another circular/quad blaster ship.
Called it the Skirmisher.
Its a smaller class - perhaps a destroyer or frigate. HP 225, Speed 3.0, Turning 2.75.
A bit of a rush job as its late and i have work tomorrow...
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I think it should be a bit smaller and rounder. Also, I prefer the flat front for the circular ships, rather than the pointy front but that's just my opinion. Also, if you are making a fleet of circular ships (and I'm assuming you are) shouldn't they all have one colour scheme? As it is, all three of them are different colours.
admiral_tee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by admiral_tee »

Bad Boy wrote:I think it should be a bit smaller and rounder. Also, I prefer the flat front for the circular ships, rather than the pointy front but that's just my opinion. Also, if you are making a fleet of circular ships (and I'm assuming you are) shouldn't they all have one colour scheme? As it is, all three of them are different colours.
Yeah, they will be the same colours, i was just focusing on the shape and weapon config.

I too like the rounder shape rather than the pointed shape.. its just there's less room for a 'bridge' and weapon mounts on a smaller ship - i guess the point is a scapegoat for making room...