AD's cunning concepts: Adelaide class on page 11.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

They're supposed to be fucking space americans. "Russian" colors are a coincidence, and you're not even close to smug for seeing it. Even so, the RTN ships are not open for debate.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Your new design (Randomness) is excellent! I like it far better than I like the RTN, but I won't get into that, as it seems you're not looking for feedback. Anyways. Yeah, more like that. I really like this new style.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Sponge wrote:Your new design (Randomness) is excellent! I like it far better than I like the RTN. Anyways. Yeah, more like that. I really like this new style.
Agreed. The only problem to me is that the front seems dwarfed by the various wings (mainly the frontal ones), and the high detail to low detail feels a little sudden to me, partly because it's only really done on two sections. Maybe some doodads or something might help.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Damn, AD, that thing you posted in Custom Ships Gallery was great, but this one is awesome, much better than your 'space murkans'. Very original, and i love the colors. You seem to know how to use those mecha sections to a great effect. Definitely worth continuing; make a few more and its a Holy Ship.

BTW, why didnt you post the previous one here?

Oh, and sorry for commenting in the Custom Ships Gallery thread, i just really wanted to encourage AD to build more.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

This Randomness is awesome. My only criticism would be that the large wings in the front are a bit too large in proportion to the sections that connect them to the main body, or rather that those sections are too small, given the wings themselves are a good size in relation to the ship.
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

That claw-looking ship looks like it would be really awesome if it did something like fold the claw back to look like a typical, more compact ship...
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

My redesign is the redesign that shall pierce the heavens.

Anyone that's glanced at the HS gallery will have noticed the big blue blob, ominously called Jade Martyr. Since it had too many sections it didn't work shit, so here's a redesign, a smaller big blue blob as it were. Comments?
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
X-14
Commander
Commander

Post by X-14 »

Oh holy ship. This looks great.^^
My favorite from this ship is the form. (look like a spacebug or spacecrab) :D
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

X-14 wrote:holy ship
Indeed.

I take it you'll put guns on the big blue circles on the sides?
(If you didn't do it already.)
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Nice AD. I've been hoping you'd rebuild this thing, and I have to say it sure takes the proverbial cake. The only thing that really jumps out at me is that the glows look a bit tacked on.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

drool
this is epic
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

For the most part, looks great.
I never really liked the shape of the forward wings, but that's probably just me. However, the curve is quite bumpy in some areas (of the front wings), you might want to fix that. Also, there seems to be some serious stretching in the teal line, which you could easily change.
Also, the rear has too little detail. For the most part in the ship, you have high detail sections mixed well with low detail sections, however, the back is composed almost entirely of low detail sections, which looks a little weird.
Plus, the center glow seems messed up, if that was deliberate, I don't think it looks very good.
Still, excellent effect overall, mostly good section usage, pleasant colours, and nice shape.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReIncarnate
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by ReIncarnate »

the new Jade Martyr is BLOODY awesome, it has a slight Mara Serpiente feel to it, and absolutely amazing flow.

small question: does this one now "load" in the game? looks like with the redesign you stripped off a lot of the excess flab around its waistline too.

too bad you can't enter in your own BP, otherwise that looks like a definate winner.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Oooh, me likeyz! I was partial to the Jade Martyr already as it was, and this is nice! It's better than my new monster for sure. I want those spritez btw :)
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

What sprites? I've used exactly...1 custom sprite that is my own.

I'm appreciating all the good crits, really, I thought this was gonna turn out less than spectacular. Now, some of you may have problems with the repetition. To them, I have only this to say:
<AD> I'm not saying its perfect and if I could've done it without the repetition, I would've. Sadly, there's no better way in terms of easiness/certainty/quality except making huge custom sections. Which I hate and suck at.
Also,
fuck them.
Next up is armament. Which will be hellovalot different than I was planning for the original.

@Reincarnate: yes, this one loads in game.