Ghost Syndicate

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Ghost Syndicate

Post by Tsakara »

And so begins the formation of my newest fleet of vessels, The Ghost Syndicate, so far its small, but I have ideas to expand it. In this image, we see the Valkyrie class carrier flanked by Slicer type fightercraft and Boomer type light bombers.
Armed with a compliment of 6 particle wave cannons and 4 electron supercollider arrays, not to mention an impressive amount of ablative armor and ADS weaponry, the Valkyrie is well suited to extended periods in hostile territory, while still maintaining the ability to get out of dodge thanks to its quantum relocation drive, capable of jumping it into and out of harms way with relative safety.

download the set

well, opinions, flak, etc? hopefully this is the beginning of a new period of not-sucking for me and my ship designs.
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

um... Not sure about this one. I've never seen a copy of a sea-based carrier class ship redone for space. It looks like a decent replication, but pairing that with space fighters makes it seem.... incongruous.

If your going for the retro look, I'd do it all the way, and make some ships that look like old F11's or something.
Last edited by Krishach on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people." -Murphy, Firefly

[b]Images removed for thoroughly violating width limit.[/b]
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Krishach wrote:um... Not sure about this one. I've never seen a copy of a sea-based carrier class ship redone for space. It looks like a decent replication, but pairing that with space fighters makes it seem.... incongruous.
I second that.
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Its an alright replication but as per if it was a good idea, thats questionable
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

A runway?I presume you made the sprite yourself.

Although you used outlineing all over.I feel without it this thing would come out quite bland,and using coloring might have messed with the 'wet' look.Pretty damn awesome.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Yeah, I think it looks really good. Its just that a seaship remade as a spaceship is kinda weird... yknow? Still very cool though. Mehlikes.
and two we find before.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Despite it's repetition and blockiness, I like it. It's what I was trying to do with the old Warhal in the GiF encounters, build a wet navy carrier in space.

The only thing I thing is odd is the turret near the front which is depthed over the runway.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

AidanAdv wrote:The only thing I thing is odd is the turret near the front which is depthed over the runway.
??? I don't see it.
and two we find before.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

AidanAdv wrote:Despite it's repetition and blockiness, I like it. It's what I was trying to do with the old Warhal in the GiF encounters, build a wet navy carrier in space.

The only thing I thing is odd is the turret near the front which is depthed over the runway.
Those are either ship deployers or a bomber, you numpty.

As for the carrier; not bad, but for the love of all that's unholy, turn off gradients and make the main deck brighter. It looks awful.

Still, plus points for actually using outlining properly; but only on the conning tower itself. The rest is incorrect outlining use. Negative points for retarded technobabble. It's not stellar - the engines are bland and there's quite a bit of repetition in the turret mount areas.
Last edited by Arcalane on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Oh wait, now I see it... Doh! >.<
and two we find before.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

that runway is awesome, I have been waiting to do a ship like this. A wing comander carrier is now totally possible.
I'd dump those fighters and go for something slightly smaller. And maybe have a section that slides back to reveal another fighter on an elevator, like real carriers have!. If you are feeling really innovative you could even have it taxi!
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

A lot better then your last ship, although the repetition could be cut down on, but it doesn't stand out too much so it still looks good.
The shape is great, very (what da ya know) aircraft carrierish without looking exactly like modern ones.

Good job being the first to do it, I was working on something similar to this a while ago, but then the new version came out and made it obsolete.
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

Arca: Aidan's talking about the dark grey plasma blaster straight below the upper ship deployer, overlapping the edge of the runway.

As for the ship, the runway bugs me, not aesthetically, but due to the fact that it wouldn't work in space at all, much less have a point. The sides also have some repetition going against them, but I suspect it's just because the ship is too big for the amount of detail you put on it. Perhaps if you made a heavily scaled-down model, it could look better.
Then again, maybe not. Definitely a unique ship you've made, good job.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

This is pretty good. I'd add a little bit of colour in some places just to unbrick it a little.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
X-14
Commander
Commander

Post by X-14 »

This is a nice idea whit the shiplauncher.