Wells class timeship with download

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Would you like a cookie?

Yes! Well probably...hmm not really but do I have a choice?
36%
BOW TO YOUR SENSAI!
64%

Total votes: 28

Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

It is awfully penisbrick. Some areas of good innovative section use there but you really need to break up those straight lines and tone down the use of 22s.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

penis brick? lol it must be terrifying for you people to look down your pants... :shock:

Ok, I added a bit of curve but will probably redo the whole outer structure. As for the 22s, I was going for continuous decking like a ocean battleship so its really kinda necessary but I will try to make each deck smaller and separated by angles...

In any case, here is the beta release just to play around with for anyone that wants to. Fixing all that will take awhile but Ill repost when its done.
*removed to fix bad weapon mods*

In other news, the second ultimate battle of ultimate destiny crossover pic. My computer committed sepeku about a minute into this but I know the transport next to me(my only ally) was the first to go. Cowards! Or are you just not fans of vintage sci fi?
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/J ... cture2.png
Last edited by jwa8402 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Yay! My Battlecruiser made it in :D the pic... and wow, you put in one of Anna's ships... me thinks that was not a fight you were going to win...

Just cos of that pic I think I'll give your ship a spin ;)
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Woot, my Exeter's in it.
A Seraphim Industries ship, I'd bet that thing turned the tide of battle to your side pretty quick. :lol:
I wonder what the first moments of all the weapons going off looked like...

Is that an Eagle Transport?
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

ya, all of the ships except the dreadnought in the middle and the transport(im building a more accurate Eagle) were enemies.

I didn't see most of the capitol ships fire though because by the time they charged up it was nearly frozen from the smaller ships blowing up, and my dreadnought spamming gun batteries lol.

Anyone try it out yet? I never tried fighting it on AI so I'm curious if it performs the way I want.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Ok, I gave it a shot like I promised... HOLY CRAP that frosch needs nerfing...a shot less than every second? That can knock out the Hiigaran BC for the time it takes to deliver about 10 more shots? Uh, yeah... that was interesting... Fortunately I was using two ships and the Dread picked on the assault cruiser instead, allowing the BC to eat it from the nose inwards.

Surprisingly, the AC taking all the broadside took far less damage than the BC. Upon checking your weapons, the cannon-esq broadside does just 25 damage per shell, three times a second, which isn't much for a dreadnought even when you have a ton of them. In fact the damages on most of oyur weapon systems are pretty low for fighting the ships you put in the group pic... have you played this against many MRA ships? Or is this more of an stock-balance-range dreadnought? The pulsars, your main damage dealers at 5000 a pop, have no turning, making them pretty inefficient when broadsiding a single narrow target - though whether this was intentional I don't know. Of course, the four on the bow are a pretty powerful battery.

Not sure if there's any point in the fabricator, unless (again) this is intended for fighting stock ships, cos 12 damage a shot blasters aren't much on ships with upwards of 1000 core hp, and turrets aren't modifiable.

So yeah, SERIOUSLY nerf the frosch - there's nothing wrong with the stock values for that thing, except perhaps a little more power since these ships are larger - and I would suggest reducing the rof of the fabricator, or removing it altogether, since even spamming these turrets won't make that much difference in game. Also perhaps revise the damages on your turrets - most of them don't seem to do enough damage for a dreadnought.

Of course, I could have mistaken the entire idea of this ship - it could be that it coasts into the middle of a cluster of enemies, locks them down permanently with its frosch and then proceeds to very slowly whittle them down with light weapons fire. Or it could just be that you didn't notice the settings on the frosch, or realise that the AI, whilst really bad at things like tactics, is really, REALLY good at using modules as fast as it can.

Of course, I'm also suprised that you didn't think of checking it as AI controlled yourself, as these flaws are pretty damn obvious when you do.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

God, I nearly fell off my chair laughing when I saw the Frosch let loose.
It was a pretty sweet battle, one Exeter and two Orions against the D'Haran Flagship...
The trio suffered a minimal amount of damage, but were at a disadvantage of firing any of their primary weapon banks from constant EMP surges. It took the two Railguns on the Exeter (And one of the Orions to distract the Frosch turret) to actually eliminate the weapon. Once the Frosch was taken out, the Exeter fired all four foward beam cannons and quickly took out the flagship.

I'm guessing the Frosch turret is directly above the core piece of the D'Haran Dreadnought. Despite the fact that my newest ships have either very little or no Railguns compared to my Spoot fleets, it was the only way I could destroy the Frosch.
If not, they wouldn't be able to stand a chance against the ship, considering the unusually weak weapons on the Dreadnought.

It was still a good battle to watch.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Thank you both for your feedback, this is why I wanted to release a beta. I believe my problem here was poor execution of good concepts. I was editing alot of settings to see what I could get on different weapons and I think I got confused or forgot to change them in a few cases. Having others play it really helped.

The frosch settings, I obviously screwed up on because I really only wanted to give it four shots total.

The gun batteries do enough damage to smaller ships but for captiol ships they were mainly meant to distract point defense and aegis. I may have messed up the Interception setting though because none of the point defense targeted their fire.

The pulsars may need to be adjusted for charging time because it doesn't look good if the ship starts moving. They, along with the secondary turrets, are meant to blow through aegis, usually one or two sections at a time. They do this on all ships I have fought against and are usually taken down only by flak spam.

I think I made this ship too much about being piloted by me instead of being flyable by AI. I fought an Exeter and Vox Vocis. The game finally hung half way through but I had destroyed about half of each ship, with my outer armor destroyed. I also still have to figure out the main weapon for the two turrets I left empty on top.

Which is actually the other problem because I gave the outer plates large custom hp but forgot the final numbers are affected by the number of sections, so a few concentrated shots easily take them out, but then have trouble on the inner sections.

I will probably be rebuilding most of this but once its done I will release another download. Thanks for your help guys.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

The flagship has been stripped back nearly to the core to allow for dramatic changes to the hull, and its taking awhile but I fully intend to repost it once I get it looking good.

In the meantime, our scientists have been experimenting with high energy reactions for the creation of miniature suns. One research facility was lost due to a containment leak, but we blame that more on the test monkey left to press the activation button than the technology.

Here is a test skeleton from a Command station, with a fully stable sun. It will provide power both for normal systems, and a 'solar flare' weapon. The numbers suggest the station will be capable of limited mobility even with the sun active. Please have your experts analyze this data and give their opinions on whether we should continue this vein of research.

Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

The legions of Wyrdysm have spoken: We demand the secrets.

Kickass. You remind me of Natch, one of the best weapon editors of the early periods of Wyrdysm history. Congratulations.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

High praise sir, thank you. Though I wouldn't go that far. I designed it for the magog world ship from Andromeda but I don't have the skill to build planets :cry:
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Still pretty cool IMO. Keep it up.

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Looks very nice, but isn't it just a modded and resized pulsar?
Last edited by Bad Boy on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Pulsar.

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Of course its a pulsar, the only novel part was the stability, size, and ability to move.

snip
Last edited by jwa8402 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.