Argonaut rebuild-download up

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Raul
Captain
Captain

Argonaut rebuild-download up

Post by Raul »

*update*
My new project is a station based on a cool design I saw, which is big enough for the Sun Tzu to fit inside of. Will post pictures soon, but I want to fill in enough of the space to prove I'm not just spamming parts.
Download: http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... un_Tzu.shp
Please let me know how it fairs and what i can do to balance the weapons because they aren't at this point really.
In the aftermath of the anti-aquatic campaign endorsed by the vile mammals of the galaxy, a serious meeting of leadership determined a change was needed. The Argonaut was originally designed to be a explorer class mother ship, but after encountering the many violent species, it was retrofitted while still in the dry dock. The colonization pod was removed, as were the nacelles(not even attached yet) since the vessel will only need to move within a system, and it is hoped that it will deter other species from even approaching its patrol area. As the first of the new class, the ship was renamed Sun Tzu, although the next vessel will hold the Argonaut name in homage to the previous design.
Is not stock in any sense of the word. Field tested against a variety of dreadnoughts, titans, and battle cruiser downloads I found on the first two pages. Did well cept against Sereph's fleet, which I fought merely to humble myself after destroying several others. His captains apparently have an appetite for fishsticks lol. I will post a dl if requested, and if someone can tell me how to do it...

This ship is my first titan ship, Argonaut. I am just trying out ideas, so I made homages to several ships I saw-my thanks to their designers. Its not turning out like I want, and several sections aren't added or finished, the nacelle contact points among them. They are currently shielded to allow better worker access. So i want some comments so I know how to proceed with design, weapons, and coloring. Once done I will post revision.

AND if even one of you so much as whisper "fish heads, fish heads, yummy little fish heads" I will stab you in the face ;)

The Shui class destroyer. I almost wish I hadnt armed or colored this because it looked really nice till I started moving stuff around to fit weapons. I wanted it to be more of a frigate but its far too large and bulky so I may do something similar but smaller or design something new...
The Laumer class corvette. Not sure if this is overpowered for its size. The missiles are modded to fire rather fast but do almost no damage to simulate projectile weapons instead of energy weapons. Its designed to strafe larger ships and outmaneuver them while maintaining consistent weapons coverage. Next to a #5 spawn.

Halsiun dreadnought, least I'm calling it a dreadnought since its not incredibly larger than the alien dreadnought. It sure isnt one of those titan ships and I'm not sure how I will find enough time to build one of those so I will probably make some smaller ships now, support and dessies and such.

This isnt my first ship but its the first one i feel is good enough to post and build a fleet around. The main thing I'm not happy with is the color scheme because i wasnt sure how to give it depth without being too garish or tiedyish.

Weapon arcs are designed so one gun doesn't run into or shoot the one next to it. everything is stock except for range. Comments please?
Parenting
Last edited by Raul on Thu May 08, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Joss
Commander
Commander

Post by Joss »

Thats seriously good for a newbie....

The pink one is a bit nagaya 3 and aegis though.
The below is true...
The above is false....
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

well thats from the game ship, i think thats the pirates name right? I was just using it for scale, sorry.
Hege
Commander
Commander

Post by Hege »

That looks actualy good if you ask me.
Nice to know you've actualy planned it out aswell.
Even though for some reason it looks bit bland to me, I'm not sure why though.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Hege wrote: Even though for some reason it looks bit bland to me, I'm not sure why though.
Thank you and I agree, I'm 90% sure its the coloring. That or its too blocky but I wanted to give it that multi-deck battleship look and when I added on curves it just looked Hippopotamuses like. Of course never having seen one up close I'm sure theres a hippopotamuses somewhere that is insulted by that. Any ideas for color scheme?
gompasta
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by gompasta »

Joss wrote:Thats seriously good for a newbie....

The pink one is a bit nagaya 3 and aegis though.
it is nayaga 3

if you can read he only made 1 ship
Im back :)
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

*bump* for new ship. More to come soon. Seriously I'm curious why more people haven't commented, makes me think they must be pretty bad.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

If they are pretty bad, this thread would have 200+ posts and would be locked.
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

very good for a beginner, although i prefer fewer weapons on a ship. but keep it up, you are doing well!
Need... More... COOKIES!
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Anarki wrote:If they are pretty bad, this thread would have 200+ posts and would be locked.
lol its true (and I hate it so much). Anyway, the ships are pretty good, they don't look (EDIT: Fixed some bad grammar) very similar, but me saying that is a bit hypocritical. Keep going, the more ships you add, the more comments you'll get (add them one by one for maximum amount of comments).
Last edited by Bad Boy on Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Ya none of the ships really have much to do with eachother, just trying stuff out. I'm not good with colors and only a few seem to work for battleships anyway so any help that way is welcome.

Bump for new titan ship-Argonaut
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Yummy. Fish. (don't show this to Joss).

If you manage to make the tail less repetitive, it'd be a lot better. And change the colours, of course.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Hmm, very nice indeed. They don't look very similar, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe try colouring the Shui a bit like the rest, but apart from that, you've got yourself some fine ships there.
ArcaneDude wrote:Yummy. Fish. (don't show this to Joss).
Yeah, the best way for that, is to, like, not post it or something. :wink:
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

The Argonaut could use less repetition, and I see some overstretched parts. Also, it looks like a fish!

Off topic: Are you Chinese?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1804]Orion Industries Shipyard[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2155]Wyrmtech Industries Shipyard[/url]
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

Nice fish. :)

Too much repetition IMHO, but you can cover it up when you decide to colour your sections appropriately. However, changing those sections to avoid repetition is better in most cases.

The only advice is keep it up and learn as you go. :)
My Fleet: [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1821]Aquilonian Fleet[/url] | [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=53841#53841]Neo Genesis[/url] | [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2632]UTA[/url]
My Random Ships: [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2191&highlight=]Brainfarts™[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=851&highlight=ship+types]Ship Classifications[/url]