Anna's Latest Creations

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Anna's Latest Creations

Post by Anna »

Hey guys. I know it's been a while since I've made or posted any ships, but I've been working on some things, and I thought I'd post 'em here. None of it's finished yet, but it's all mostly done.

First, we have an as yet unnamed fleet:

With the fleet, I was aiming mostly for fairly small, functional ships. All that's really left to do is arm and balance it.

And here's another ship, which is larger and... less functional. It does load in game, but it's incredibly laggy. I'm not entirely happy with it. I'm not sure if I'll finish it, but if I do, the final product might be substantially different.

Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Oh Snap! The God has returned to the shipbuilding arena.

The fleet is good, not quite up to the complexity of your previous creations though that is not really a problem.
You managed to get a fairly original style for the ships, despite the many other configurations that have come up and been used half to death.

All in all ill say this is top notch stuff.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Wizardunic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Wizardunic »

HOLY!

Nicely done, mate. I love the use of the colors......I can't seem to get the hang of it. :(
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

What's this? Anna made small ships? What is this madness?!
Anyway, they're quite beautiful, as always, and with the large, un-named thing, it's simply wonderful to see another of your High Guard ships. I have to ask, though, what's that red dome-like-thing in the middle for? It's not really out of place, but it doesn't seem quite right to me.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Nice stuff for the most part. Good shapes and section usage on most of the fleet, and generally, you managed to use a lot of mech sections without it feeling cluttered.
The exception is the Sangreal; the rear looks too cluttered, and the ship is almost entirely white/grey, with fewer gold sections (compared to the rest of the fleet), which makes it looks a bit bland in places.
The big ship is quite good in most places, however much of the repetition, particularly that on the nose (the wings too, but it would be pretty difficult to make them without the repetition so it's excusable) is a bit glaring to me.
Still, generally quite nice, and it's good to see you shipmaking again.
omega
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by omega »

Cool ships. I like the colors and section choice although it is repetitive on the large ship. I actually don't like the shape of the large ship.

I have to ask though, did you get the names from Merlin?
alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta... and Ω Omega!

Last edited by omega on Mon Jan 1, 2012 1:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

That bottom one look very familiar... almost like a remake... a very nice remake...

Excellence as usual, Anna. I feel a Holy Ship coming.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Anna

Post by Anna »

omega wrote:I have to ask though, did you get the names from Merlin?
I got the names from the legends of King Arthur, yes. I would have thought that was rather obvious.
Swamp Fox wrote:I have to ask, though, what's that red dome-like-thing in the middle for? It's not really out of place, but it doesn't seem quite right to me.
Yeah, I just tossed that on. It serves no purpose and will probably be changed or removed in the final version of the ship.
Some idiots wrote:ZOMG REPETITION
There's good repetition (layered effects, curves, etc), and bad kinds. Learn the difference. I admit that there are a few bits where the repetition could be replaced with something else, but when you want to make a flowing surface, repetition usually helps.

The Sangreal... eh. It's changed a fair bit since I first made it, and I'm still not entirely happy with it, but I don't have the patience to make further modifications. Particularly since I'm more or less happy with it. People might be wondering why it's called a mobile shipyard. This .gif is a bit out of date compared to the picture I posted, 'cause I can't be bothered making another one.

(The docking area will probably have more detail added on the final version.)
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
guilee186
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by guilee186 »

The shipyard looks damn cool. I like the way it gracefully seems to slide out and in, though I can't really make head or tail of the large, round one on the bottom. It sorta looks like andromeda but I just can't lay my finger on what it should be.
Congratulations. You're a textbook definition of a troll. -Danny
~Armored Core is to Cosmicbreak like Starcraft II is to World of Warcraft.~
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Glad to see you're still interested in making ships, was worried that youve burned out.

The ships, as usual, are brilliant. Original, crispy, subtle use of glows, and just damn good looking. The 'medium sized' ones have this modular looks to them (regardless of the excalibur module), as if one could easily combine different parts of different ships to make a whole new ship, which im really fond of. I like how you modified (i think?) some sprites to make them symmetrical for use in the centerline. And bless you for using mecha sections - they look beautiful here.

There are quite a few parts on the High Guard ship that could use work, but in general its a decent ship, and i don't mind the repetition

I don't like the color scheme, but i guess its wip?
Anna

Post by Anna »

Kaelis wrote:I like how you modified (i think?) some sprites to make them symmetrical for use in the centerline.
Heh, nope. None of the sections on any of those ships have been editted, with the exception of the Sangreal, where I used one custom section. I really must thank you for those mecha sections. They're what inspired me to make ships that weren't zomghueg for once. I looked at them and saw all sorts of possibilities.

Yeah, the High Guard ship is definitely a WIP, and I agree there are quite a few bits who need some work. The colour scheme is certainly one of those.
Quality Control Enforcer
Morpheus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Morpheus »

Wow nice ships, the Camelot looks like Nadesico. :)
dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by dyoano »

what does the excalibur module do? superweapon i'm assuming?
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

By and large, these ships live up to the reputation your name carries.

My only criticism is that the Sangreal looks a bit like two ships stuck together. The outline on the front is very smooth and curved, while the rear is full of sharp angles. There also seems to be an overall difference in coloring between the front and rear. I was looking at the gif you posted and I think the ship looks best with the sections partially apart. It makes the contrast in outline seem better. Fully extended, they seem like they might break off.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Kiltric wrote:By and large, these ships live up to the reputation your name carries.

My only criticism is that the Sangreal looks a bit like two ships stuck together. The outline on the front is very smooth and curved, while the rear is full of sharp angles. There also seems to be an overall difference in coloring between the front and rear. I was looking at the gif you posted and I think the ship looks best with the sections partially apart. It makes the contrast in outline seem better. Fully extended, they seem like they might break off.
The white, sharp-edged bits you refer too on the rear of the ship are actually meant to be armoured plates. I intend to add some to the forward part of the ship as well, once I have some sections that I feel are appropriate. The Sangreal is sort of a work in process. I agree it looks a little flimsy fully opened, but it needs to open up enough to fit the Camelot.

Here's what the Sangreal looks like with the sharp, white armour plate bits removed:
dyoano wrote:what does the excalibur module do? superweapon i'm assuming?
More or less, yeah. It's basically an attempt at making the Camelot a more powerful warship by slapping the Kingmaker's weapon system onto it.
Morpheus wrote:Wow nice ships, the Camelot looks like Nadesico. :)
Funny coincidence, that. :lol:
Quality Control Enforcer