Orion Industries - New Dark Orion Aggressor (WIP)!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Orion Industries - New Dark Orion Aggressor (WIP)!

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

Well, after seeing all those comments on my first behemoth, the Zeus, I decided to try and use ideas from the other ships on the forum.

Ascension Fleet

*Insert number of incredibly overstretched and overpowered ships*

Orion Industries

A corporation created just after the old Earth began allowing starship manufacturers to begin licensed production, Orion Industries quickly rose to the top with multiple scientific projects initiated at the same time. Hyperspace technology, lasers, ion tech, they researched all the important technologies. It is home to some of the world's most brilliant scientists, and as such, produce high quality starships.

Latest Projects:

Lindwyrm Series:

Dark Orion Lindwyrm - Heavy Assault Battleship

Dark Orion Lindwyrm Hyper - Heavy Assault Battleship armed with Hyper Devilstorm Cannon

Dark Orion Lindwyrm Solaris - Long-range superiority supercarrier and field artillery

Dark Orion Lindwyrm Aegis - Heavy Assault Battleship, Aegis Defensive System
Dark Orion Lindwyrm Nirvana - Heavy Assault Battleship armed with Dimension Cannons

Dark Orion Lindwyrm Deimos - Support ship and field artillery

Dark Orion Launcher - Mobile linear accelerator capable of firing Kinetic Missiles, armed with experimental Dark Matter Cannons as well as other assorted weapons

Dark Orion Fenrir - Assault Corvette armed with Dark Matter Cannons and particle bombardment system
Dark Orion MArCh - Mobile Artillery Corvette, also armed with Dark Matter Cannons

Project Bahamut

A Lindwyrm Titan was heavily modified to become the Bahamut-class Super Dreadnought, in order to prepare for a possible future Cybron invasion. The iridium reactors were upgraded to the limit to be able to supply power to the entire ship without losing valuable hull space for more reactors. Even so, there is a lot of extra energy.

The main gun of the ship is an Exaflare Cannon, which first fires an ion beam which is quickly followed by smaller beams firing right into the middle of the larger one to add to the already tremendous damage. Two other secondary Megaflare Cannons, modified Devilstorm Cannons, sit on the side pods. Dark Matter Cannons, SSM Launchers and gatling guns are all around the ship.

In terms of armour, the ship can take a nuclear missile to the prow and come out smiling. It's almost unsinkable due to the array of Deflector shields positioned around the ship.
Last edited by XxKiraYamatoxX on Thu May 01, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Overpowered wank ships in the hands of a nobody named Kira?

Wow it's like a replay of SEED!

They're um. Okay. Aside from the fact that you have 10 times the amount of weapons that any reasonable person would use.

Bye-bye screenrate.

EDIT: 30000 HP and AI range of 350? You may be a tad overpowering it.
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

I never knew what the AI range was for, so I didn't mess around with it. >.>
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

The over-stretching looks bad. Also way too many weapons.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Sir, I do believe you forgot to add weapons. Perhaps adding a few railguns would complete these.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I just want to say, owch. that many weapons hurts my eyes just looking at the pics, not to mention that these ships have an insane amount of life. Their design isn't bad, although I'm not a big fan of their colour scheme, but at least you're having fun, so what the hell.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Siber wrote:Sir, I do believe you forgot to add weapons. Perhaps adding a few railguns would complete these.
And there's too many sections per weapon, when you can't see the weapons for all the sections, somethings wrong... :wink:
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

I'm not good at stretching, but weapons I might be able to cut down on in future ships.

I don't see any ships I forgot to add weapons on. O.o

Size comparison:

Dracodeus, Aquilibrius, Lorin, Acrynox and Volrent next to a stock Athena. (Just try the visualize the portion of Dracodeus's wing covered by the Aquilibrius)

Raftkranz and Laftkranz next to stock Athena.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Ya know, you can really cut down on screenshot size (dimensions and byte wise) by using the f9 in shipmaker.

This will create an BMP, which you can convert to PNG, and you will have avoided all the fuzzy stuff that is clouding your JPG screenshots in addition to your entire desktop.

About your ships, well, ignoring the incredible strength, I see you've put a lot of work into them. However, I would recommend you lighten the use of sections that are stretched more than 8 times. Also, try to avoid have one section type being linked more than three times. You seem have some mastery over making curves on your first try, so I would urge you to fortify it by observing how other people build curves.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

XxKiraYamatoxX wrote:I don't see any ships I forgot to add weapons on. O.o
It was a bad joke. Try switching 'sections' and 'weapons'.

Those must have taken a lot of work, BTW. Hope you have fun with them :wink:
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

You clearly don't have enough weaponry. Perhaps taking out entire star nations isn't enough for you.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Comus
Commander
Commander

Post by Comus »

You... ah... you might want to make them more sane. Perhaps around a tenth as many weapons, a twentieth of the HP, and more small sections in place of large sections.
Jetz
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Jetz »

After one look at that first ship, my eyes honestly and seriously looked like this:

:shock:
"Hey look, the fuel's reading 'E' for extra full!"
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img]
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

Testing 1, 2, 3......

None of the weapons are edited, and the hull itself doesn't have edited hp either. Other than the core, of course.