This topic has been reclaimed for Tourney preparation

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

mtheminja
Captain
Captain

This topic has been reclaimed for Tourney preparation

Post by mtheminja »

These are the fleets of the Conglomerate Empire, an expansionist empire split into two political units. One commands the territories that have been secured for the Empire, and the other 'secures' said territory. More back story to come...

Download Link for Fleets

Encounters! Yay!

(Note: these actually aren't my ships. My siblings have all started to be assimilated by BSF (resistance is futile...), and my brother made a decent start at a fleet with some back story, so I offered to post it.

I am now using this topic to test tournament posts, please ignore it.
Last edited by mtheminja on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:22 am, edited 16 times in total.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Good thing Im not scared of clowns :twisted: their good. Good continuation
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Download included now.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Giles
Commander
Commander

Post by Giles »

Oh god the colour scheme, it hurts. Seriously, it needs to be unified, not several different colours.
Kartoffelkopf
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kartoffelkopf »

Yes, the colourscheme leaves much to be desired, and the design is...meh...(not that I'm much better :P)

However, it's better than what my brother makes...he used to make giant überwanks...and now he makes...tiny überwanks...
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

That was my main worry, he wanted them to 'look' like conglomerates, and that probably wasn't a good idea. Any ideas for what he should use instead?
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

I don't really like the colors, and the ships just seem kind of flimsy.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Ok, new colour scheme up, and pics of the CDFS this afternoon, I hope. Need to fix a few things (like my sig :P ), but both fleets are in the zip now. Comments now that they don't look like rubble? *Goes to take 3 hours of Applied Linear Algebra*
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

started to be assimilated by BSF (resistance is futile...)
Crap. You beat me to the joke. :lol:

Otherwise, I'm not especially fond of these ships, mainly because of the 13's he uses as platforms. They need work, but he could have something on his hands. Tell the little guy he's done a good job for his first try.

(My apologies if this sounds a bit diminutive... °.°)
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

ArcaneDude wrote:Otherwise, I'm not especially fond of these ships, mainly because of the 13's he uses as platforms. They need work, but he could have something on his hands. Tell the little guy he's done a good job for his first try.

(My apologies if this sounds a bit diminutive... °.°)
CDFS Fleet up, and you'll be glad to know it's section 13-less. And no, he doesn't mind. So, how do these ships look? They're supposed to be more organized/higher-tech than the COFS.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

big improvement, didn't even recognize it as the same fleet till I read the comments.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

The shield drone is awesome! The new fleet looks a lot better, but where's the armament on the Histocranith Battlecruiser?
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

He's still deciding what it's going to have, but it sounds like he's going to give it faster firing weapons, and part of the back story will be it has advanced computer systems to manage this. Any suggestions or changes for any of the ships, by the way?

BTW, the shield drone was going to be deployable from a platform fabricator, until he found out you couldn't do that.
gompasta
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by gompasta »

heh the sheild drone looks a little like some of the drones you get off
"star sonata"

:D anyways good ships im downloadin :D
*thinks whether he should make star sonata ships*

[EDIT]-why is there half an unnamed ship in there? :lol:
Im back :)
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

These ships are fine, they look good. Although I suggest you put some guns on that cruiser...

BTW, there's something wrong with your sig.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush