Dalvitan Authority Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

The Dalvitan Authority is regrettably prohibited by it's constitution from commissioning ships from foreign companies. While some officials are quite intrigued by GLM's submitted proposal, their hands are regrettably tied in the matter.

On a less in character note, I'm a bit flattered that you went to the effort of making it in the same style. I'm not particularly used to having fans, so this is kinda cool. I appreciate that you put the effort into it.

On the other hand, it's not without it's flaws. First off, Talhydras and I are somewhat uncomfortable letting more people into our little playground than are already in it, so New Eden's corps selling ships to the Dalvitans is a bit of a no-go. And as a Dalvitan built ship, it has some issues. From it's core and nose armor, quite reminiscent of the Knowledge, it's a DCS Shipyards craft. But they don't have any demeters, so that's something of a problem. Demeters are somewhat planned for the Dalvitan fleet, DCS won't be building them, and the group that will hasn't been revealed yet.

Digging a little deeper, a key to my ships is the custom HP across the board, which the Inspiration fully lacks. You could have sorta gotten away with just doing customs on the armor, but it doesn't even have that, so that armor will burn off much faster than it would on a true Dalvitan ship. There are some classic ablatives buried in there too, heavily overlapping, that don't really fit in with the fleet either. Lastly, it's built on a frame. There's nothing wrong with this, but I don't build on a frame, so it's a bit out of place in the fleet it's intended for.

As a side note, there are some parenting issues, particularly with the rear armor panels.

Still, not a bad looking little ship, and it does look a good bit Dalvitan. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, as they say.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

oh..

That's a complicated system you're using there, especially with different corps having different technologies. Any ways I can mod my ships to play with you ppl?

As for that ship, I didn't really know what kind of values you would put in for the hp on a carrier.

Edit: whut parenting error on the tail?
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Carriers are designed to sit back and fire aircraft that carry weapons at a target. Armouring them wouldn't be useful at all because you reduce internal carriage space for aircraft (drones) and ammunition (plasma) and turn a high-capacity ship into a low-capacity armoured block.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

goduranus wrote:That's a complicated system you're using there, especially with different corps having different technologies.
What would be the point of doing different corps without real differences in the ships? There are some stylistic variations between DCS and Calsta, and each has it's own weapons, which I've made a point of in the ship writeups.
goduranus wrote:Any ways I can mod my ships to play with you ppl?
Not really. There are ways of bringing the ships more in line with Dalvita, but getting into our 'playground' involves writing style, respect, familiarity, and an ability to work together. To be blunt, I just don't know you well enough. As for the ship, cut out the ablatives, and the frame. Make it a blaster boat instead of a carrier, perhaps.

goduranus wrote:As for that ship, I didn't really know what kind of values you would put in for the hp on a carrier.
I'd put the core HP at 150 or so for a carrier, blue armor at 450, and select hardened internals at 250, with smaller segments getting 50-100 less.
goduranus wrote:Edit: whut parenting error on the tail?

goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

although these guys tend to use mostly stock weapons, where demeters don't outrange everything else by that much. Under AI control, a ship optimized for demeter range could easily drift within range of enemy railguns and beamers.

Edit: omg parenting error... fixed.
Last edited by goduranus on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Fire Eagle Heavy Destroyer

Background

As the year have passed, the venerable Calsta Industries has slowly lost market share to DCS Shipyards, as the Dalvitan government has steadily retired its older designs and awarded new defense contracts to DCS. The decline was punctuated recently by the adoption of the DCS designed Knowledge as the new mainline dreadnought for the Dalvitan fleet, replacing an older Calsta built ship that had long been a mainstay of the company's revenue. The Fire Eagle Heavy Destroyer, however, has halted this tend it its tracks, using the newly developed Firestorm missile system to secure a niche role that was until now empty.

Hidden behind the Dalvitan signature heavily armor plated nose, the Firestorm system sacrifices damage per shot and accuracy for sheer volume of fire. While each missile only carries a fifth of the payload of a conventional missile, and they are launch in wildly divergent directions, each launcher releases seven missiles on each volley. The Fire Eagle mounts four such launchers, giving it a remarkable effectiveness in the face of all but the most effective point defense batteries.

The success of the Fire Eagle has led to the Firestorm system being implemented in several new hulls ranging down to patrol craft, but it remains the technology's most iconic symbol, the new standard bearer for a revitalized Calsta Industries, and an increasingly ubiquitous sight in Dalvitan battle groups.

Publicity Shots

A Fire Eagle in empty space.

A Firestorm volley being launched.

A volley impacting on a target drone.

NOTE: Looks like a bump, but mostly just me consolidating this ship into the main thread.

Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Vat ist dis? Siber has completed a remake? Heresy! And yet...

download pending balancing and crap, gun load subject to change.

Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Kinda fresh. It does look exacly like a huge Fire Eagle. I'm not too keen on the whole "scale up an old ship" concept, though, but you did a solid job of it.