ooo sounds cool, sorta Fallout-like but with more mutation!
Might wanna change up the date though to the mid 50's or something because the 1800's didn't have malls
Unless of course the world had accelerated tech.
James Andrew "Greyhorn" Wright
Grey tinged skin, 6'2" tall, skeletal body shape (really thin), four arms, bird-like feet, small grey horn on head
- Leather cap with magnifying lenses held on to it with a selection of small brass poles and hinges, allowing for magnified viewing of objects without having to hold a magnifying glass up.
(Hat) (Very Weak Protection) (Allows for better viewing of close objects, small bonus when working with detail up close)
- A pair of Short sleeved dirty white shirt, many small nicks and tears in it. And an extra set of arm holes sown on.
(Top) (Almost No Protection) (No Bonuses)
- Leather Belts wrapped in a bandoleer fashion holding small pockets of various materials holding tools, screws, nuts and bolts, and other small objects found or scavenged that are useful for repairing mechanical devises.
(Accessory) (Almost No Protection) (Small Bonus to repairing mechanical objects)
- Long pants made from tough canvas with padded leather over the knees.
(Pants) (Some Protection) (No Bonuses)
- Crowbar, this old crowbar was found by a trader with a small etching on it saying that it was the property of "Lack Mesa", although the color has faded a lot since it was last painted you can still see a few flakes of dull orange on it.
(Melee) (Clubbing Damage) (No Bonuses)
- Long Knife, this is an old kitchen knife that was found with half the blade snapped off, James managed to get the blade repaired when a smith came into the Mall with one of the trading convoys.
(Melee) (Cutting Damage) (No Bonuses)
- Hunting Rifle, this was almost made from scratch with scrap and salvaged materials. After finding an old gun busted beyond repair James built his own gun from what he could make of what was left of the gun he found, it took much trial and error but he eventually made a fairly accurate rifle.
(Ranged) (Piercing Damage) (No Bonuses)
- Repair (Mechanical) : James is skilled with his hands and has learned about mechanical devices from experience, various scraps of books found in salvage and from people in the trade convoys. He can fix most simple and some complected mechanical objects.
- Slight Telekinesis (Magical / Racial) : Skindlings have the innate ability to lift about 1 kg off the ground with their minds, however this has a very limited range of around two arms lengths or 12' in radius from the Skindling.
Improviser (Natural) : James has lived most of his life needing to improvise when situations call for it, and unluckily or maybe luckily almost all situations call for improvisation in this day and age. So James has gotten apt at being able to do things without the correct tools, or to fix things without the correct parts.
Physically Weak (Natural / Racial) : Skindlings are tall and lanky and have little muscle on their body, the muscle they do have is much stronger than normal muscle but not by enough to make it easy for a Skindling to lift a load heavier than 20 kg.
Physically Agile (Natural / Racial) : Skindlings are thin and supple and can bend easily and turn on a dime, they can pull off many maneuvers that a normal human could not purely because they can adjust their position fast.
James is a loner, he tends to be alone and requires almost total silence when he works, he has few friends and no close friends due to this habit of his. He talks to himself and will often think aloud in situations where the thought is inappropriate. He isn't particularly brave, and is secretly fairly afraid of heights. Even though James may look on the gloomy side of things he is a natural optimist and always believes that it will work out in the end.
James can't remember his mother, she died giving birth to him. But his memories of his father, Andrew Wright are recalled fondly by James in moments of quiet reflection. His father took care of him and taught him how to use tools at an early age, James took a great liking to mending broken items and by age 12 he had learned enough that he could build a power generator from scrap, and link it up with salvaged lights or another piece of technology that required power. At age 13 James was left to fend for himself as a heavy, iron, support beam fell and crushed his father who, with the lack of good medical facilities died within minutes of the accident. Since that James has spent most of his time fixing up broken tech and trading the newly repaired tech for provisions and other items he couldn't make or salvage on his own. James has spent a good deal of time looking for scrap and salvage in the ruins of the city armed with his rifle, knife and crowbar and has occasionally had to shoot at a stray animal or person that was getting too close to him. James has never killed a person, although animals are a different matter as James is rather fond of the taste of meat cooked on a split over an open fire.