EXALTED - Session logs posted

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

EXALTED - Session logs posted

Post by Anna »

Exalted is... well, how do I describe Exalted?

Exalted is a Roleplaying Gameline created by White Wolf, the same company responsible for such gamelines as Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, and the World of Darkness in general.

But Exalted, while bearing some similarities to those systems, is something much, much different. Exalted is... oh fuck it, it'd take way too long to explain here. Check out the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exalted

Suffice to say, it's a very interesting and versatile system, and you can play many different types of games with it. And I'm looking to start up my own Exalted game, most likely on IRC. Don't worry if you don't have the Rulebooks, as those can be provided.

There's no set plans for this, yet, and a time will be set once I've got a decent number of people interested and know what sort of time would best suit the larget number of people.

Character types I will allow: Solars, Lunars and Dragon-Blooded
Character types I may allow: Abyssals, if you can make one that the rest of the group would tolerate and not kill instantly. Heroic Humans (this would put you at a major disadvantage).
Character types that are absolutely out of the question: Sidereals, Infernals, Fair-Folk.

Check out the Wiki, if you're interested, lemme know, leave a post here, and maybe give me an idea of what kind of character interests you.

--------------------------------

House Rules
Pretty much everything listed here is true and valid: http://alopex.li/wiki/Exalted/Notes

Other house rules as of this moment: <s>The stats for mundane bows in the Core Rulebook are absolute garbage. They are to be ignored in favour of the Mundane Bows listed in the Unofficial Armorium Book.</s> Scratch that, I forgot that different arrows used add more or less damage, and that the massive range of bows makes them obscenely useful. Bows will be as described in the Core Rulebook.

Players and Characters.

Image - Virgin Lover of Glass and Diamond, Day Caste Abyssal - Played by Müg

Image - Rhey Stormwind, Full-Moon Caste Lunar - Played by Swamp Fox

Image - Erin Marias, Full-Moon Caste Lunar - Played by Arcalane

Image - Tahran Bloodcrowned, Dawn Caste Solar - Played by Chiiro

Image - Kasana Faustus, Fire Aspect Terrestrial - Played by DoubleThink

Image - Mifoh Chulichu, Twilight Caste Solar - Played by PickYerPoison

Image - Breltia Riel Morbach, Twilight Caste Solar - Played by Aralonia

Image - Roxann Von Lasseti, Zenith Caste Solar - Played by Lizzie

Image - Xan Xasuga, Eclipse Caste Solar - Played by Temjin

Image - Ten Thousand Boundless Blades, Dawn Caste Solar - Played by Nirvash

Image - Forbidden Singer of Thirteen Downfalls, Moonshadow Caste Abyssal - NPC

Submissions are closed, fuckers. Go away.

Banned from Participation:
AlphaDetisMegas, for being a dumbass wanker who is somehow capable of rejoining a channel five minutes after being kicked, but is incapable of answering simple fucking questions.

Lightstriker, for pebbles.

Silverware, for this.
Last edited by Anna on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:26 am, edited 31 times in total.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Battle Titan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Battle Titan »

I'm interested.
Crows before hos
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

You already know about me, but here it is for the sake of record-keeping.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

To make this legit. I'm interested. I plan on reading the rulebook tonight or tomorrow.
pick yer poison
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pick yer poison »

I'm in, but I'd like to ask what kind of time constraints will be applied. For example, say that I can't get on the Internet for a day or two; does that mean my character just falls in a ditch or something and I'm out? I don't actually plan on vanishing for days on end, but I'd like to know, just in case.
"Three rights may make a left, but there's still something drastically wrong with your pathfinding algorithm."
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Most of the setting is what I expected, but some of the locations struck me as interesting.

Consider me tentatively interested.
Anna

Post by Anna »

pick yer poison wrote:I'm in, but I'd like to ask what kind of time constraints will be applied. For example, say that I can't get on the Internet for a day or two; does that mean my character just falls in a ditch or something and I'm out? I don't actually plan on vanishing for days on end, but I'd like to know, just in case.
If we do run it on IRC, it would likely only be one session a week. Each session would usually go for several hours, and then we'd stop and continue the next week. So no: if you can't get online for a day or two, that doesn't mean bam, you're dead. I'd probably allow people to miss a session or two, but missing more than that would likely get you removed from the party.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

Copy-pasted from the TVtropes article on Exalted:
Rule Of Cool — Is implemented by the rules. Describing awesome actions, called stunts, is rewarded by bonus dice. Succeeding at these awesome actions also gets you Essence or Willpower, which allows you to do more cool things, which gets you more Essence and Willpower, which....

* Justified and/or lampshaded when one of the latter supplements revealed an in-world reason for this: the pattern spiders that maintain the loom of fate — the gods of the laws of physics, essentially — like things that are awesome, and facilitate them.
This is one of the many things about Exalted that makes me really happy.
Quality Control Enforcer
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Interested, but once again, can't promise anything.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anna

Post by Anna »

Now I'm just gonna throw out some amusing Exalted Motivational Posters.

Quality Control Enforcer
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

To be honest I've been interested in this since you first started talking about how awesome it was on IRC. xD
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Actually sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in. And I'll behave I promise.(Or you can all kill my character in the most brutal way possible.)
I think I just doomed my character.....
Anna

Post by Anna »

maarten wrote:Actually sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in. And I'll behave I promise.(Or you can all kill my character in the most brutal way possible.)
I think I just doomed my character.....
Psh. I'm the Storyteller. I'm the GameMaster. I can kill anyone's character in any way I want for any reason. :P If you're interested, you'll have to get on IRC to discuss it. That goes for anyone else interested, too.
Quality Control Enforcer
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I figure by this point it should be fairly obvious I'm at least somewhat curious.

But I'm sad I can't summon my sword from hammerspace, throw it into someone's face and call it back via a combo. :(
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

+Name: Virgin Lover of Glass and Diamond

+Day Caste Abyssal

+Appearance: A woman who can enthrall a man (and quite a few women) with a glance, her unearthly beauty causes an instant change in the social "temperature" when she enters a room. Indeed, she wears the face of Melua Maia Mala, though she no longer goes by that name, but she no longer has an exotic islander look, instead looking forboding and seductive. Her formerly green hair is now blood-red, and hangs straight down, as if lifeless, around her face. Her skin is no longer a shade close to bronze, but a perfect unbroken tone of skin so pale it's almost pure white. She accentuates her look with a one-piece leotard of sorts, cut quite low in the back and inlaid with bones in an oddly aesthetic pattern. She's well aware of how much of her thighs this exposes, but she uses this to her advantage, drawing even more attention with high boots that go up to the knee, and are made of soulsteel and engraved ornately. The same goes for her fingerless gloves (with a black hearthstone set on the back of one), which travel halfway up her upper arms, contrasting the black cloth and soulsteel glove with the white skin of her shoulders, the red hair which drapes them, and the tiny crystal skull earrings she wears. Her disturbingly red lips highlight two tiny white fangs. She maintains a high class of style, frequently meeting with rulers and merchant kings.
Name: Melua Maia Mala

Concept: Thief/Diplomat/Seductress

Characterization: Melua is an odd sort, she's calm and self-assured, despite the constant looks she usually gets. She uses her body as a way to get places she wants and to see people she needs to (even if just to kill them afterwards), and she's learned the art of seduction quite well.
She's a good person at heart, but her moral values have been shot to hell; she still wants to help good people, but she no longer cares tremendously about the morality of the acts she herself comits. Still, she never likes to kill, though she will if needed.
Her prefered methodology is to either get someone to do something for her, willingly or unknowingly, it doesn't matter, or to sneak in and do it herself.

She will possibly attack someone if she's pissed enough at what they're saying or what they represent. Though, she also might befriend them and then stab them when they don't expect it.

One of her most secret, private, and most important rituals is extended prayer to the god Vanileth, Shogun of Artificial Flight. (Roll of Glorious Divinity Vol I p 63-66). While praying (which can frequently be an hour or two long of private time) she daydreams about flying, hoping the god will see her thoughts. This ritual is both sacred and extremely embarrassing to her, and she would be very sensitive if anyone found out. (Treat Temperance as 1 when someone makes remarks about this.)

She both dislikes and fears Rabszolga, God of Slaves (Roll of Glorious Divinity Vol I p 58-60), for she knows he is not looking out for the slaves, but the slavers. (Note for Storyteller: There is a HUGE possible plot hook here if you want in the text, and I'm willing to go along with it.)

Physical Description: Flawless - except for one faint collar scar around her neck - bronzed skin, green hair that falls down straight to the bottom of her shoulder blades, brown eyes, slim, lithe flat body (She's a B cup at most). She's around 5' 8" (that's 68 inches if you want to convert). She's drop dead gorgeous, though in an exotic fashion. When she really tries to look good, she seems to glow with the shine of a tropical sun. Her outfit is generally decent looking clothing she lifted it, usually quite revealing, with a traveler's cloak draping over most of her, with a sling on her back to carry her Sky-Cutter under the cloak. The cloak has plenty of pockets, and she also wears a tight-fitting belt around her trim waist, fashionably slung at an angle. (Think Batman's utility belt but not as awesome)

Backstory: Melua was born on an island on the northern part of the Neck, and lived a relatively peaceful life until the age of nine, when a storm destroyed the boat, presumably killing her family. At least, she never found them while clinging to driftwood afterwards. She was found and "saved" by pirates from the Coral Archipeligo, where she was then sold into slavery. Her first owner, though treated her like property like the rest of Coral, was kind enough, and forced her to work as a deckhand at the age of ten on his fishing boat, where her great agility among the ropes made up for her lack of strength. She continued to grow up, worrying about her family, but eventually coming to the fact that they were probably dead. Her lot in life wasn't intolerable...until she hit 17, where the fisherman ran into a string of badluck, and had to sell off some of his assets - including her. Melua, already the talk of the islands for her great beauty, was outbid from all the men who wanted to marry her by one of the best brothels on the main island. She was forced into prostitution as one of their highest class prostitutes, and became even more valued as she grew older. Her humanity became more and more distant, until suddenly, 8 years later, at 25, while entertaining 6 clients who payed for her shared use, she experienced what felt like an orgasm, but far more intense than anything before. The Unconquered Sun stood before her in her mind's eye, and said she was destined to find things lost for centuries, and to bring back a portion of the world's glory. She then suddenly knew instinctively where she had to go. Two places: A small island not too far, and <where ever Anna is going to start us>.

Witnesses say that one lone woman strode out, naked, of the burning down brothel house. She could not be recognized, because she was covered in hideous amounts of blood. The only feature most witnesses remembered besides the ghastly blood was the gold circle crest, tinged with purple, of the Wretched Anathema. While 6 victims could not be identified, nor could the cause of their death (so little of them remained), the owner of the brothel was found not to have died in the fire, but from extreme terror. His genitals seem to have been forcefully ripped off while he was alive, and - though this is uncertain due to the damage to the corpse caused by the fire - seems to have been held down while he screamed and bled out, and then posthumously had his throat torn open by what appears to be nothing but human hands.

Melua, in her makeshift bikini and stolen small boat, eventually beached on the island she saw. She walked up to the craggy small cliff, touched a spot, and flared with Essence for a moment. The cliff glowed in the shape of a doorway, and opened. She walked in.

An hour or so later, several hundred feet below the surface, she emerged from a series of tunnels into a structure and was rendered speechless. It was a manse, with an untouched hearthstone, along with a cache of First Age devices. And it was a throbbing, high powered manse, she could feel it. Unfortunately, most of the artifacts were in need of maintanence and repair, but she felt awe just looking at them. She could feel the majesty and glory of past days. And some of them...yes, some of them looked like wings and other flying things that one could wear. This caused a flutter in her heart, as she abandoned her dream, to fly in the sky with total freedom, held long as a child, due to the harsh realty of her imprisonment.

She later left that cave, and sealed it, with the possibly repairable machines still locked inside. She was wearing the hearthstone mounted on a talisman mount she found inside, and felt so ALIVE from her new connection to that sanctuary below the ocean. She got back inside her boat, and quietly pushed away, staring at the sky.

Melua was now 26, after the many months of her journey. She had been a crew member or passenger on countless boats - legitimately and illegitimately - and ridden on many beasts. She had taken offers to spend the night at good houses, used her body to find a soft bed in greedy ones, and outright stolen supplies from others. She'd broken into countless libraries at night to research the First Age, and listened to many folk-tales from the elderly. Perhaps the best find she'd had was the information one of her lovers about a strange war boomerang being shipped by a merchant. She'd relieved him of the valuable find, and it was now one of her favored weapons. She sighed as she crossed the borders of <whereever the fuck we are>. She'd finally made it, not that she knew why she was here...
YES I WROTE ALL OF THAT NO I DID NOT PROOFREAD IT

EDIT: Any changes I make to this will be added by +s for additions or strikeouts for deletions.

EDIT: "Updated my Journal" Oh wait, I'm not the nameless one. Update to reflect her new status.
Last edited by Latooni on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.