Works in progress

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

a very interesting design and style u introduced to us. keep up with the good work! at least this is a good break after viewing many noob ships that suddenly popped up...
'Why so serious?' [b]-The Insane Asylum[/b]
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

*MelvinVM has no boundaries
Attitude is my business as well, but never mind.

Curious though, have you made any smaller ships?
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

smaller than the destroyer? Not with .90b...

Ok, ignore the frieghtor structure for a second and try to picture what I;m talking about. I want to make a ship or station that rotates vertically like babylon 5 instead of horizontally like the game allows. This is just an experiment cuz i suck at gifs but try to picture it if I put on texture fromt he station instead of the lines. unfortunatly i don't have enough ability to create the 3d effect i want...but maybe one of you could take the concept and run with it? Just imagine; Omega class destroyers! Lacking that it would make nifty engine parts.

Also got my station rotatin right and put detail on the rings, although its going to be changed alot, I wanted to see if it was an improvement on the blank sections.

sorry for the crappy gifs, if anyone knows how to make better ones please help me?!
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Nice rotation.
On both.
You planing to finish the second ship? (colour and guns)
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Did some more on the station. i know its kinda a mess right now but there will be better color difference between depths when im done. been trying to get the construction droid to move randomly and so far it works pretty good.

Any advise?
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Oh wow, that's nice. Try putting some green, beige, and blue sections under those domes for terrain: think parks with lakes, small buildings, and such. Right now it looks like steel hullplates under the domes. Good section work, colors are ok if nearly nonexistent (which is more 'realistic' anyway), and weapons are good as well. Only flaw is the stretched mouth on that docking bay. Try breaking it up into a few sections :)
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

There is potential. But also mistakes. Massive stretching, poorly detailed custom sections, section clutter...

Start anew with the same concept, but a decent execution is my advice. Pay attention to the above points.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Thanks i appreciate hearing from people who know what their talking about! I rebuilt from scratch without stretching anything this time. Still need to add uper level. This time I built the struts all the way to the center iunstead of the edge of the next level up.

Not sure what do do about the ring cuz the sections suck but theres nothing better out there that ive seen. Any ideas?

Danny, what do you think of this? Not very bsfish i know, and i'm still trying to find pictures with the right scale, but sim city ftw? Gonna put one with the godzilla monster in there!

Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Nice. A wee bit cartoonish (decrease saturation a bit on that sprite), but nice. Now to work on the outer ring. It looks out of place because of the color, and the paneling lines need to follow the curve of the wheel.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

I kinda liked the old outer ring better, because it had more detail.

Having a boring, plain outer ring simply won't do any justice when paired with the domes inside.
firevikin125
Commander
Commander

Post by firevikin125 »

I love it.
the the terrain really WOWed me. :D :D
"A gargoyle's meat can be carved with an ordinary cleaver, but for its petrous hide . . ."
—Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar,
The Underworld Cookbook
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

WIP!!! i removed the ugly ring, but what i replaced it with is a bit blocky for my taste. Note: there will be another level above this like in previous versions so there are three levels or rotation in various directions.Will make the overall design octagonalish rather not round like the original.
didn't get a chance to fix the terrain sprites yet. green is left for faction colors or special effects

Any advice?

Also modified the destroyer a bit to make it more streamlind

open to suggestions on color cuz i don't like the ones I have now!
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

Wow, that space station really is coming along. The docked Hestia is a really, really nice touch. The new replacement for the ring is nice, but indeed a bit blocky. This might be helped by making the 'blocks' curve inward, making it look like a ring with parts cut out. That way it'll look more high-tech, keeping in theme with the great living domes.

The cruiser looks a lot better with the streamlining. I like the compact style, makes it look bulldog-ish. My only gripe are the yellowish markings, there are some weird pixels on them. Also, they look out of place.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Very nice for the most part. Though the yellow sections and the ones directly beneath them on the Destroyer are a bit too stretched.
Veronw
Commander
Commander

Post by Veronw »

really like the new station, looks quite good imo, very human

and as for the destroyer, have you considered removing the bottom parts under the wing or bringing them closer to the center of the ship?