An Original and Eye Catching Name for a Thread

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Shogoll
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

An Original and Eye Catching Name for a Thread

Post by Shogoll »

Fireing

Fireing

Meh
Last edited by Shogoll on Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Nice. The top one's my favourite. Maybe there's too many missile launchers on the second one.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
deathbal101
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by deathbal101 »

I like broadside missile launchers.
*in-joke*
"The Cake Is A Lie"
- God
// reality = 1
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Im going to agree with Verm on the missles and its "Firing".
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Good work so far, they're not complete yet are they?

If you can provide a GIF so we can watch the animation.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

I like the ship itself, but I have one question on recoil animations in general. If the gun is big enough that kickback requires the ship's hull to rearrange itself to counteract shockwaves, then shouldn't the gun be mounted, say, on a station rather than a ship?
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Slayer maybe its a super gun ship or somthing like that. Vorlon planet killer like thing? By the way your ship has alot of fake aegis in some areas its placed rather haphazardly...
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
Shogoll
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Shogoll »

Slayer0019 wrote:I like the ship itself, but I have one question on recoil animations in general. If the gun is big enough that kickback requires the ship's hull to rearrange itself to counteract shockwaves, then shouldn't the gun be mounted, say, on a station rather than a ship?
That's actually the point, it's a planetary defense laser level weapon mounted on a very tiny chassis.
Homer wrote:Slayer maybe its a super gun ship or somthing like that. Vorlon planet killer like thing? By the way your ship has alot of fake aegis in some areas its placed rather haphazardly...
Haphazardly?

As for the second ship, yeah I kind of went overboard with missiles. I was trying to go for the "Itano-circus" look, so it's sort of like a massive missile broadside.
Shogoll
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Shogoll »

I really wouldn't mind if more people commented on my ships, I need criticism on how to improve and such.
Hades
Commander
Commander

Post by Hades »

They look pretty good, and like Verminator, I do feel as if there are quite too many missiles.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

their interesting...I wouldn't mind seeing you hide some of those missile launchers a little bit better, its not hard to layer them and leave only the tubes sticking out. I haven't bothered with most of the fancy settings but is it possible to get the aegised sections (at least the half circle at the rear of the first one) to only glow when its starting to fire?

Also the glowing ball in the first shot looks awesome but in the second is just a glowing cube...why? There are plenty of glow-friendly ball sprites that would look perfect.
Shogoll
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Shogoll »

jwa8402 wrote:their interesting...I wouldn't mind seeing you hide some of those missile launchers a little bit better, its not hard to layer them and leave only the tubes sticking out. I haven't bothered with most of the fancy settings but is it possible to get the aegised sections (at least the half circle at the rear of the first one) to only glow when its starting to fire?

Also the glowing ball in the first shot looks awesome but in the second is just a glowing cube...why? There are plenty of glow-friendly ball sprites that would look perfect.
It's an animated explosion sprite with aegis and additive layered over the cube.

Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Beautiful.

Excellent use of effects theres and rot/mov sections.

I have never thought about using an animated section with aegis, especially not an explosion sprite.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

The front of the ships remind me of the Athena.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Shogoll
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Shogoll »

Metagame: