WarpNUDs

NUDNUDNUDNUDNUD

Moderators: th15, Moderators

th15
Administrator

WarpNUDs

Post by th15 »

Does anyone think the WarpNUDs need balancing in the current version? They've been tuned so that they affect faster invaders more. It will cause fast invaders to jerk back drastically while slower invaders will only slide backward slightly.

Are they too useful? Too cheap? Useless? What do you guys think?
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

Rather useful. Cost is fine. Although, I have to admit, the second upgrade should cost a bit more. 300 maybe. Just because if it is combined with shrapnel it gives it 16% crt bonus.
Artman40
Commander
Commander

Post by Artman40 »

They're quite fine and useful, but not too useful. Hey, does a warpNUD affect each creep less and less each time it sends them back?
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Nah, I found that that wasn't neccessary after scaling the effect to the speed of the invaders.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
The Boz
Captain
Captain

Post by The Boz »

Warps are awesome, and I like how they have "diminishing returns" regarding the number of adjacent Warps... Meaning, you'll get more bang for buck if you combo Warps with other nuds, and don't place warps near each other.
And yes, the 3rd level should be at least 300... coupled with a fair number of Glows, a level Phase can hold anything for a long time, increasing the effectiveness of nearby nuds by bucketloads of percent.
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!
Nyme
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nyme »

Regarding Warps, I have found a bug in them. Sometimes, when there's a 5 speeder coming into their range, the speeder is accelerated forwards instead of being hurled backwards. Sometimes, the speeder then retreats to where it was, only to be hurled forwards again.

It happened on the following setup (areas marked and explained in picture):

Edit: and also, there is another bug. The Warp actually throws the speeders back even when they are out of it's range. By this I mean the second Warp in my setup, which can effect speeders which are already gone round the bend in upper right corner.
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

Tested it.
:shock: :shock: :shock: Damn! You are right! they move wierd! Like something hooks them and gives them a kick, they fly FAST and then fly FAST backwards! yet I found a funny use for it. They manage to get much more shrapnel bullets when they go there then backwards. :mrgreen:
Nyme
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nyme »

A while ago th15 said he would make the creeps more resistant to the Warp each time they are warped. In the following, I didn't see anything like that.

By surrounding a Warp with three Glows, the creeps move extremely slowly. I mean extremely. This is how people get to lvl 100 and beyond in survival.

Is this intended?
Beamnuds
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Beamnuds »

Well, I can get to >level 200 if I make a boss maze. =P

Perhaps warps should increase range by 10 every time they are upgraded? Right now, they have pretty bad coverage.