There are a few things I would like to see within the next release:
- I would recommend some sort of artillery nud for the sixth nud. It should have a very long range or be able to hit any target on the screen, firing a slow moving bullet at the invader's last location causing area-of-effect damage which damages all invaders caught within it. It's a classic amongst tower defense games.
- Some sort of target prioritization for nuds (e.g. glownuds attack fast invaders, mononuds attack large invaders, etc.) Perhaps some way of setting these prioritizations yourself.
- Some sort of third upgrade level which gives the nud some extra functionality instead of just the standard stat boosts. I have a few ideas for these upgrades...
- Trinud > Chainnud - Fires a continuous spray of bullets. Slightly inaccurate.
- Beamnud > Teslanud - Same as Beamnud, except it hits up to two or three invaders nearby the target invader and/or stuns the target invader causing the invader to stop moving for a few moments.
- Phasenud > Slownud - Same as Phasenud, except that it permanently lowers the speed (by 0.05 - 0.1) of any invader that enters its radius. Does this only once per Slownud.
- Lancernud > Lasernud - Fires a beam that hits all invaders within range of the nud.
- Scatternud > Shardnud - Fires a single bullet that explodes into dozens of shards upon contact with an invader.
The idea behind these upgrades is to aid in crowd control in the late game (where invaders are coming thick and fast). Of course these upgrades would be expensive, but IMO they'd definitely be useful.
- Use a context menu for upgrading and selling instead of selecting an option from the bottom of the screen.
- Rebalance the shrapnud. Its almost worthless at the moment (especially considering the price tag).