Works in progress

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Raul
Captain
Captain

Works in progress

Post by Raul »

Last edited by Raul on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

There is just one particular gripe I have besides what you spoke of that you didn't like...

That docked hesta is going to be rather small beside a real hestia.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

hmm true...well the whole thing is rather out of scale, but i could use another ship there instad. is there a better piece i could use for the ring? That section was drawn wrong for making a circle.
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

nice cool design! the shape is odd though for a station.
it looks like a satelite floating on a gravity dish and it reminds me of the frame of a poor dissected fan...
'Why so serious?' [b]-The Insane Asylum[/b]
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

thanks 4 the comment! Its meant to be a dome in the middle with spokes going out to a ring and more stuff once I build it. Heres a assault destroyer I threw together, is it any good?
so far its unarmed, threat is 130 or so, is that the right size for an assault destroyer?
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

man, you got the balls for it! :cool: [Sounds dumb but it's a compliment] :lol:
Keep up. Improvise! :P The ships are good. Especially the domed station.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Okay I'm mostly done with the assault destroyer but I'm getting serious error. i read the bugs thread but no answer. It started doing it once i put missles on my ship but I've tried other weapons and deleted them and and i still get the problem. Help?!
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object __newobject994:

In script nTur2:
Error in code at line 24:
l_section[argument6].l_child[l_section[argument6].l_childnum] = l_weapon[wj]

at position 4: Unknown variable l_section or array index out of bounds

this is my updated ship with hangers armor and some weapons. I also modded the wing sections so their in two parts to be destroyed right

Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

Delete all the weapons and try the ship. if the errors diapear put weapons back. don't put any scripts or edit weapons. It should do. I get this errors for every ship I make (Trigger spam I think)
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Ok i've mostly got it working i think. Submitted to be rebel ship but if it doesn't get accepted i'll just take off someo f the ugly armor and give it point defense or a shield.

Assault destroyer
Threat: 130
hull strength: 1000
Current armarment:
8x kinetic cannons/main guns
12x laser cannons/proximity weapons
2x Missile arrays
1x torpedo launcher(I know that doesn't fit for the capitol ships but the ship only carries 12 torps)
2x anti-fighter beam
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... yer_1c.zip
Ill take off the windows or change the colors if people want me to. Can people test it against the ships they have and see if its balanced right?! Thanks
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Hmm... It may be just me,but I liked the old nose better.

Maybe I'm just a split-nose fan.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

ya I did too, but with no point defense or shields, not sure how do keep it alive otherwise... I might be able to make it work. Did the download work? for some reason when I check it the sprite folders are empty!!
Dessel Ordo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dessel Ordo »

maybe a compromise then? old nose with the red section from the new one underneath? looks good otherwise tho. (is this with the new nerfed weapon stats, or the originals, btw?)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Your right, that might look good. I will futz around with it but probably end up modifying it your way. ya its the new stats.

Damn you shadowdumb! You got me thinkin so I made the whole station bigger just to fit that stupid hestia sprite!:lol: Oh well, least now it qualifies as a proper station even if theres some stretched sections i gotta fix. I was serious about someone working on the ring sections to add detail cuz i don't like the blank look
Does anyone know how to make gifs? feel stupid but ive never done it before amd the station looks so much cooler rotating!
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Raul wrote: Damn you shadowdumb!
Now that's just under the belt. :lol:

I do like the new station however.And for some reason I like that outer ring,it's,unique...

Maybe if you just throw some doodads onto that ring it might look proper. Maybe even like some sort of holo-screen.
Dessel Ordo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dessel Ordo »

Station defianately looks better... however, the '"docking" section stretched kinda poorly, maybe extend the section a bit to get it back to a healthy proportion?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.