Blue Echo Works

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

duestchland1 wrote:Hummm, that would also explain why my replys aren't showing up.
Naw, I suspect they're being deleted because you're spamming like an excitable fucking little chihuahua who hasn't been properly weaned. :roll:
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Small Update:

Added Beacons 1-4. See first post.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

HVR Colors Set

Nothing fancy. Just the HVR missile in various colors. Enjoy :) .
Zoid Crusader
One-Ban Limit

Post by Zoid Crusader »

HAHA makes for a nice bubble effect :D rotation
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

those four partial shields look like half of the first shield, beside the hex-shields. if next you make partial hex-shields, wether half or quarter... i think i'd get these. but until then, thier too... mono purposed.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Well, I felt the same way too. I been experimenting with Animated shields (Mono shield with Doodad overlay), but not much success as of yet. I'll show you a preview sometime.

I already made new 1/4, half, and 3/4 shields with thinner inner glows, my next step might be to make rotating hex quartershields, and just plain better hex shields :P . Wasn't proud of the first ones after I saw them in use.

As for progress, well, not much there either. Made a new thrusterEx effect, a engine and some misc sections, and like above, new shields. The rest may be for a possible minifleet.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

New Arcshield colors and Flare FX from EinTek.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a62d4h5xcmx

Unzip to Custom Sprites and enjoy.

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Danny: those ships are hot!

TBE: I had made 1/4th versions of your bubble shields but I think I did it poorly so I'd love to try the ones you did. Rotating quad shields absorb damage really well!
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Mmm, spiffy HVR recolours. I actually meant to release a 'kit' for converting the HVRs to other colours but I'm not sure if I ever did. Good on you for keeping the 'hull' the same and only recolouring the tip/fin/thrust.

Danny; Kaelis is probably going to murder you for that filestructure btw.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Bandit king
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bandit king »

the shields don't work for me for some reason every time I put shields it gives me this

Error in code at line 102:

draw_sprite_ext(l_speckle,l_owner.l_specklesubimg,x,y,image_xscale,image_yscale,

at position 20: Unknown variable l_speckle

then shuts down
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Update.

This was that AniShield I was talking about. DON'T USE IT! It's too Resource Heavy.
It also has some weird flicker. Don't know how it got there though.

TBE Shields 2
Should have the new ones in it, including Ein's new color arc shields. I also threw in CT's Halve Hex Shield (I think He made it). Credit to Danny for the colors and the first halve shields of course.

Backgrounds
Misc rubbish.

EDIT: Finaly Updated the First Post.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Wow all of these shields are amazing, and that ani shield would probably kill BSF on my comp.. Also what program did you use to make these?

P.S. i have a sugestion for a shield a surface shield that has a slight shimmer animation on it kinda like the new shield boost effect in EVE online.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Resource heavy?
30FPS, if you can't be bothered clicking on the picture. I had the framerate cap on.
Runs fine for me.

EDIT: I just realised that setup looks kinda like a flower. A flower made out of pulsing energy fields... :roll:
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

That animated one looks like you took a gif of a plant or it's cloud cover and got rid of the extra stuff...Very cool
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

@M123: Thats... Odd. You'er running with all settings on as well? On mine it slows down everything, even shipmaker.

Also, can anyone else can run it smoothly?

@ Jwa8402: It's actually sea foam layered on twice. :lol: I picked it because it seemed to fit the bill when it came to something Energyish or plasmaish. Only After I made it looked more like a swirling storm instead.