VNilla's Sprites - Update #7 (3/24) ["First Attempts]

Share your custom sprites. Go on, show us how good you are with pixels. I dare you.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Your opinion:

"What do we want?" "MORE!!!" "When do we want it?" "SOON!!!"
34%
"And the Lord said, 'Let there be parts,' and VNilla made parts, and the Lord smited him for their awfulness..."
17%
Meh.
24%
Abstain from voting. (Heh heh.)
25%

Total votes: 59

VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Yay! Jointed parts are up! Creating them was actually enough fun to save my day from complete and utter ruination. (This means that I am currently in "rather miffed" mode instead of the "you touch me, you're dead" mode I would normally be in after a day like today.)

I can almost guarantee a new food part or two (sorry Slayer0019) in the next update. Suggestions always welcome.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

Ah, now that's a definite improvement! They're useful, too! Keep it up :3
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

I kind of like the new jointed sections. I can actually see myself using some of them in more organic looking ships.

Good job.
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

the food sprites are interesting...
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

Yay rainbow beam!
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Bump for MONDO HUMUNGO UPDATE! More of just about everything, as well as my first doodad! See first post for new stuff, DL link, and more!
~~~~~
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

I like generic turret #1. Reminds me of the pulse turrets from Eve Online. (The market image, anyhow.) Also, I like the sliding beam, although I think it would be of more use as a doodad rather than a beam.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

This new "expansion" you put down has alot of nice new things in it. But 2 things that bug me are the electric beam with its over pronounced spikes (frequency like things) and the sliding beams looks more like of a doodad. Maybe you could soften the edges and increase the slide speed?
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

I'm going to wait to see what other people think before I do anything. However, that sliding speed probably is a bit fast for you: my computer is epicly slow (5-10 minutes to boot up on a good day) so the lag makes it look nice on my screen.

How much slower do you want it to be? Twice as slow? Slower that that? What?

Remember, people, I want more opinions before I do something. (And besides, everyone wants a bigger post count! :wink: )
~~~~~
~~~~~
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

The Rotating Joint Piece looks like a high angle gun sprite from warship gunner 2`s ship editor, regardless, this is fun.

Make a pie, now.
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

hey your stuff really is improving in quality. you have some really cools tuff there, especially bullets and beams. keep it up.
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Why, thank you! :)
~~~~~
~~~~~
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

VNilla, use the grapeshot on Particle Cannons or Autos. Grapeshots were used in the early days as a way of countering urban rioters.

Grapeshot works by tying 8-15 tennis-sized cannonballs together with rope. The rope is strong enough to hold the "grape" together upon firing, but will scatter them at hitting the first target--making grapeshot a highly effective weapon against barricades (by firing over them and hitting the wall behind) A well placed grape shot can take out a whole battalion of men, which is illustrated in the novel Les Miserables.

For yours, which I find creative and amusing, recolor the particle cannon frags to purple, and maybe resize the shot so that it fits?

Iono, looks good. What program did you use?
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

I haven't been on in a while, so sorry for the late repl... wait a minute, you posted yesterday. Never mind... (Since I love comments, I'll take any punishments for SS' necro here.)

Yes, I do remember that part of Les Miserables. I will work on your suggestions. (I actually have a few more sprites but I haven't had time to post them... maybe once school is over I'll have more time.)

And since you asked, I used Photoshop for all of these.

EDIT: PS: "Tennis-sized"? I was unaware that "tennis" was a noun...
~~~~~
~~~~~