AD's Assorted Fanships (former Norexan): BSG

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AD's Assorted Fanships (former Norexan): BSG

Post by ArcaneDude »

This is a thread for all fanships I'll be making in the foreseeable future. And I think that's going to be plenty.

Romulan Norexan class Warbird

Click picture for better image

The Norexan is the successor of the D'Deridex class warbirds in common use in the Romulan Star Navy around the 24th century.
In replacement of the D'Deridex, or "B"-type warbird, as dubbed by the Federation, the Romulans commissioned a sleeker, smaller, faster
and more modern warship with a crucial modification in it's artificial singularity, that it uses as a power system; an off switch.

The ship was first seen by Federation personnel in the battle of the Bassen Rift, where two of these ships fought alongside the USS Enterprise-E
against the Reman Warbird Scimitar. This was also one of the first combat tests for the Norexan; it's most crucial flaw turned out to be the
fragility of it's wings. Vessels constructed later on had fortified wing braces, as well as thicker wing armour.

As weapons, the Norexan carries a number of heavy forward disruptors, as well as two pivoting disruptor turrets on it's wings. Additionally, three disruptor beam
emmitters were added; two forward, one aft. The Norexan also posesses powerful secondary weapons; four forward plasma/photon torpedo bays, two aft, and a torpedo
turret on top of the stern structure, capable of launching photon torpedoes at high fire rates. Per defense, it carries a powerful shield generator plus a series of redundant
generators that relieve stress from the main shield. Vessels constructed after 2425 A.D also carry a system of point defense particle cannons, that can disrupt energy bolts and intercept
projectile weaponry. They are, however, useless against the commonly used beam weapons such as phasers and disruptor beams.

Note: The model shown is based upon the latest variant of the Norexan, the RNS Augustus. It carries aforementioned point defense system, as well as the reinforced wings.

Full weapons loadout (v. 01)

-2 Upgraded Heavy Pulse Disruptors (fixed)
-2 Heavy Pulse Disruptors
-2 Pulse Disruptor Turrets
-3 Disruption Beam Emitters
-2 Photon Torpedo Tubes
-1 Photon Torpedo Turret
-2 Plasma Torpedo Tubes
-8 Interception Disruptors

References and other pictures;

Reference Picture
Colours
Parenting
Primary weapons in action
Old Norexan model

Downloads;

VERSION 0.1

This DL contains the .sb4, the .shp plus two maps; "AD", containing some custom sections I made and used (some crappy, some less so) and some others, that you're free to use. It also contains a map called 'bullets' that contains my custom beam sprite and disruptor bolt sprite, plus two crappy attempts at photon torpedoes. Instead, I've used some of Ixranin's sprites. Naturally, credit goes to him. Go HERE, and DL Rotating Pulsar (Clockwise) and Electric Ball Mono, and put them in 'Custom Sprites\Ixra'.

Colonial Battlestar Galactica (WIP)

Galactica (BS 75) is a veteran battlestar and the last of her kind still in service with the Colonial Fleet at the time of the destruction of the Twelve Colonies. Built during the early days of the Cylon War, she remains the only military vessel without integrated computer networks. Without networked computers, Galactica never upgrades to the new integrated defense system software developed by Dr. Gaius Baltar and his team. Because of this and other factors, she becomes one of only two known battlestars (the other being Pegasus) to survive the renewed Cylon attack on the Twelve Colonies. At the time of this attack, she was part of the 75th Battlestar Group (BSG-75).

Full weapons loadout (theoretical)

~ several dual point defense kinetic weapons
~ Dual Railgun x24
~ Standard missile bay x12
~ Nuclear missile bay x1

Other Images

An example of the Galactica's flak system at work.

With hangar pods retracted
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:49 am, edited 17 times in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

All I can say is, that this is pure awesome. I like the shape, the colors, and everything. Good work :D
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

agreed, I very much like this! I would love to see some of the ships from your trek fan pack done with the newer shipmaker! At least borg should be easier now.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Very nice indeed, accurate and good looking.

You should really clean up those wing sections. It would be a shame for such a fine ship to be spoiled by poor quality sprites.

Judging by your color reference pic, i think it would be a good idea to shift the hue of green a bit closer to yellow.
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

Poor quality screen shot which means it is hard to see the awesome details of the ship primarily because of the dark color over the dark background, but an excellent ship overall.And something about the gray with the green sort of bugs me but its okay. Shape, aesthetics, Accuracy, great design.

What sprite did you use for the wings, I liek. Nice glow too.
Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I pulled the big wing sprites directly from the refpic.

jwa: The chance I'll ever be doing those again is astronomically small. I did this one for a possible future BP, and just because I like the ship. Chances are, though, I'll make another series of fanships soon. Just not ST.

Kae; I've already started on cleaning up some of the sectionwork, and I'll see if I can make the big sections more crisp and clean. It's already looking a lot better. Shifting it to yellow would be a very tedious job, and I'm way too short on patience to make that happen. I'm not saying I won't do it, the chance is just quite small.

DoomBringer; thanks.

EDIT: New picture (s) up, now with full weapons loadout. Only one thing to do (see checklist) and I'm ready to release a DL. Click the smaller image for an updated picture.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Bumpty for update. First DL is out, please read the instructions as well. See the Downloads section in the first post.

If any problems exist or improvements should be made, please let me know.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

fyi - when opened up in shipmaker, the following sprites are missing...

Custom sprites\Arc_turrets\Arc_Turrets03a.png
Custom sprites\AD_Forerunner\AD_Fr06.png
Custom sprites\AD_Forerunner\AD_Fr09.png
Custom sprites\AD_AHEpack\JM_01.png
Custom sprites\CE\BSF_CE93.png

Custom sprites\Arc_turrets\Arc_Turrets03b.png
Custom sprites\Arc_weapons\Arc_WepSawnoffTorpedo.png

(edit)

AD_Forerunner sprites can be found here ( http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3603 )

and Arc turrets and weapons can be found here ( http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3463 )

Which just leaves the two hilighted sprites - figured CE would be CheesyErwin but could only find his Tyrian Projectile pack...
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Jafo wrote:fyi - when opened up in shipmaker, the following sprites are missing...

Custom sprites\Arc_turrets\Arc_Turrets03a.png
Custom sprites\AD_Forerunner\AD_Fr06.png
Custom sprites\AD_Forerunner\AD_Fr09.png
Custom sprites\AD_AHEpack\JM_01.png
Custom sprites\CE\BSF_CE93.png

Custom sprites\Arc_turrets\Arc_Turrets03b.png
Custom sprites\Arc_weapons\Arc_WepSawnoffTorpedo.png

(edit)

AD_Forerunner sprites can be found here ( http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3603 )

and Arc turrets and weapons can be found here ( http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3463 )

Which just leaves the two hilighted sprites - figured CE would be CheesyErwin but could only find his Tyrian Projectile pack...
CE was a nickname for BSF by developers during it's pre-public .9x development stage, standing for Community Edition.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Tyrael
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Tyrael »

Holy Raptor JESUS I just came....That is all.
512 letters is not a license to use nearly a dozen lines.

[size=75]Besides, that was even worse than what Melvin had.[/size]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Oops, pardon me. I forgot about those sprites.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Errr, back then i meant shift the hue of the green glow (engines) closer to yellow.

And those wing section sprites are still messy.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Oh, yeah, that I'll do. Sprites were cleaned up a lot, but I agree that the feather parts need some more attention.

EDIT; about the missing sprites; they'll be moved to the 'AD' map for the next DL.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Bumpety for update. My attempt at Battlestar Galactica. Everytime someone builds that I have the urge to follow suit, apologies to Wicky_42. I've actually nicked the idea of using steampunk sections from him. :mrgreen:

It's obviously not finished yet, but any and all comments are welcome.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

The Romulan ship looks great, but it's your rendition of BSG that prompted this post. It's definitely unfinished, but damn, it's looking great already. Probably the best version I've seen to date. Can't wait to see the finished product.