Some random new stuff.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

wow this really is cool. I like it. the transformation is really decent and it looks like it behaves nicely ingame. does it also bite enemy ships?

overall nice job!
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Singularity
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Singularity »

Nice!

Also, what about making a weapon that damages the enemy ship, and that moves a section with an insta-healing nanomatrix on it along the spine of the ship. That way it would sort of "leech" health from the enemy.

Good job anyway though. :D
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Okay time for another update.

I pretty much finished the Vulgivagus, and I am now finnicking with the timing of all the triggers. Heres a gif of it opening...

Im also looking for a weapon for the mouth, right now its just a beam cannon, any suggestions?
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Maybe a pulsar with red bullets? I don't know, and besides, it is your ship and your decision.
Last edited by VNilla on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

winsauce....

Actually, the ramming concept previously mentioned that I've attempted to work into my own ships is a nice thought. Make it a ramming piece maybe?

Elsewise I'd suggest, in order

1) Pulsar (like its spitting off dozens of energy blasts)
2) A Demeter launcher (invisible or buried)
3) Frosch Gun

Those seem to follow the mouth theme to me.
"Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people." -Murphy, Firefly

[b]Images removed for thoroughly violating width limit.[/b]
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Demeters are a good idea actually. I completely forgot about our old friend Pod Launcher. :oops: (That's Mister Pod Launcher to you, pal!)

About the main animation: 1) I really like the rotating part in the center of the "head" for some reason. It's like a key that you have to turn to allow the "head" to move from its position. 2) I feel like the end off the tail needs to do something other than just extend, but I can't think of anything that would look good...

EDIT: *snap* I know where you could put (Mister) Pod Launcher or other weapon for the mouth! After the "key" turns, the head moves, right? When it stops moving the "teeth" continue to move. Make it hidden under all of the head sections and the "teeth" and have it continue to move with the "teeth" even after the head stops! (I'm sorry, I can never seem to describe things very well...)
~~~~~
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
otocar91
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by otocar91 »

i love the ship, one of the most originals i have seen in this forum. the new red sections you have added don't look too organic, i'm talking about the ones with the electricity. also the parts that expand look too machine like. i liked the old spiky section (that was only on one side) better.
"on my signal unleash hell"
The Theocratic Fleet:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3717&sid=8fd9651698abb6168c7b709d3308c940
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Krishach wrote: 1) Pulsar (like its spitting off dozens of energy blasts)
2) A Demeter launcher (invisible or buried)
3) Frosch Gun

Those seem to follow the mouth theme to me.
1) I already tried a pulsar main weapon, and it didn't look as good as I thought it would. :?
2)Already has demeters, if you look closely you can see them just behind the head in between the "boney" structures.
3)I actually like this idea, and combined with singularity's nano matrix idea would be pretty sweet, thanks!
Vnilla wrote: About the main animation: 1) I really like the rotating part in the center of the "head" for some reason. It's like a key that you have to turn to allow the "head" to move from its position. 2) I feel like the end off the tail needs to do something other than just extend, but I can't think of anything that would look good...
2) Maybe something that sprouts out from the end of the tail? Anyway I'll see what I can do with it.

Thanks for your helpful comments guys.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

I dislike the glowy sections and the white sections in the middle of the red.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

That's pretty dam cool IMO, good job Blackhart.

As for weapons, maybe a short-range, black Beamer in its "mouth" to simulate it "eating" other ships. I believe you can find instructions for them in the Advanced Weapon Customizing Techniques thread under the name "Laser Lawnmowers".
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

What about a gravbeam to "drag" ships in to be eaten?
~~~~~
~~~~~
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

That would work with the ramming concept.

Kaelis (I think) explained it as a crapload of point-defense weapons (invisible to the eye, of course) with point-blank range. Worked with the right color effect, it would look like a part is getting cut off.

The tentacle-trailing rough-draft I made was intended to have blades for the same thing. It would work well in this case too, most especially with smaller ships.
"Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people." -Murphy, Firefly

[b]Images removed for thoroughly violating width limit.[/b]
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Another update for the Vulgivagus.

Updates include: improved trigger timing, added froche gun, invisible beam cannon for mouth, removed aegis, sabot broad side cannons, tail beam cannon, and some other things I forgot about.
Bang Doll
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bang Doll »

Now that, sir, is one nightmare inspiring Battle-Leech! How long did it take to work all of those triggers in?
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Blackhart wrote:Updates include: improved trigger timing, added froche gun, invisible beam cannon for mouth, removed aegis, sabot broad side cannons, tail beam cannon, and some other things I forgot about.
Is it just me, or did you forget to update the animation? It doesn't look like it has any of the things you mentioned...
~~~~~
~~~~~