Direct Control?

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Direct Control?

Post by bl3d4 »

I've heard the term Direct Control appear a few times in the forum. However, I don't know how to activate this in the game. I do see that option in ShipMaker, but I don't seem to be able to use it in the game.

By the way, what do I get to do with Direct Control?
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Direct Control lets you take control of a ship in battle.
Hit Ctrl+c to cycle through modes, there are four of them.
Basically you can navigate your ship and fire weapons if you've set your weapons up properly.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

I find DC mode has some spectacular implications for arcade junkies.

An idea I've had is setting up a point system for the destruction of certain ships and tracking of sector engagements,enemies are added to sectors in a text file or something of the like depending on what kind of faction has control. You can then go into sandbox,generate some background stuff(asteroids,nebulae,yada yada),spawn the appropriate enemies,then spawn you own custom ship and blast 'em all to hell!

If you survive,you get cash according to the number and type of enemies to upgrade your ship.(or even small fleet!)

I gotta think this out,could be fun for the other Wyrdysm peeps.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Needs moar poll on which dc mode you like best. I used DC2 at first, but now prefer DC1.
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Someone ask this a while back so I'm linking you to the same place I did for him.

Link here:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3458

I don't really like DC so much, it's not very practical for commanding large fleets. Still, it's probably very useful if you want to make a solo blockade runner scenario
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

D00D! wrote: I don't really like DC so much, it's not very practical for commanding large fleets. Still, it's probably very useful if you want to make a solo blockade runner scenario
Snkkt, who cares about practical and useful when you can have fun! :D
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Chiiro wrote:
D00D! wrote: I don't really like DC so much, it's not very practical for commanding large fleets. Still, it's probably very useful if you want to make a solo blockade runner scenario
Snkkt, who cares about practical and useful when you can have fun! :D
I have fun when I command the hordes of little minions in my fleet to zerg rush my foes! :lol: I guess different people have different means to have fun too.
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

D00D! wrote:I don't really like DC so much, it's not very practical for commanding large fleets.
No wonder, because thats not what its meant for. One has to be pretty dense to assume something that gives you control over single ship is supposed to help with commanding large fleets...
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

Thanks everyone.

Please lock this thread.
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Done! And wow, bl3d4. I haven't seen you in a while. And you come back and... well, I don't remember your grammar ever being that good. And you're not spamming up hundreds of threads. Just... wow. It's nice to see that you're back, and that you've improved. Seriously.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Actually, ive unlocked this and moved to SIAR. Might be useful for further questions about DC.

Heres a link to proper info on Direct Control:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 5897#85892