Battleships forever: the buggy game.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zae
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Battleships forever: the buggy game.

Post by Zae »

The following what im about to say is a complaint, as you could guess, and also a request.

Now, i've been playing BSF for a while, and im pretty good at shipbuilding, and sure, the game and shipmaker is great, but overall, i think the 0,90 update was relesead prematurely.

For one thing, yea, sure you have more sprites and etc, but it is very buggy. My colour settings had to be fiddled around with just to enable me to upload a custom ship, let alone play it.

Whenever i try and load a weapon and change it's name, the game bugs up on me. Same with most things. Whenever i reload my ship into shipmaker, it reload's all of the core's health, turrets names, and description back to the defualt or nothing, which is pretty frustrating.

The parenting is buggy. Unlike the first BSF, the parenting, for my machine, has to be in a specific way, or else my game crashes.

Maybe th15 and the others could adress some of the bugs in the Bugs topic, and release a fixed, 0.91 version? it woud hel alot.

If it seems this topic enrages some people, or makes them disagree (i don't know if it's my machine, but i dbout), i will say no more, but still it would help if i had some positive feedback.

Thnx for reading
-Zae
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Why do you think there's a bug reporting thread? Isn't posting about it again here a bit redundant? :|
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

v0.90 has only been out for one day. It was released much sooner than it should have been. Don't be a fucking moron. Of course the bugs are going to be fixed, you idiot. Learn some motherfucking patience and shut the fuck up.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

It's most likely your machine, on a sidenote. I have no difficulties with BSF apart from errors that have been raised so far in the bugs thread. None of the problems you listed afflict my ship(s), as few of them as I've made in the new version.

A bug fix version is in progress but I can't give an ETA.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ