Bug Reports

Archive of old Custom Edition threads.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

I went through the code responsible for shooting and driver weapons, and i didnt find anything. I will need more details.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

There are none. But now it also seems to happen when I just set shooting to 1 and burst to zero, so it's probably independant from that.

Note; all tests were made with player controlled ships, so I'm not sure about AI's.

EDIT; shall do.
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

At least give me an sb4.
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Latest version; old (1.612) sb4 resaved after adding ThrustEx's.

Code: Select all

ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object __newobject992:

In script nSec2b:
Error in code at line 2:
   obj = l_section[j].id

at position 8: Unknown variable l_section

for object ctr_GUI:

Error in code at line 292:
                   draw_healthbar(barx + 1 + barlength/2,bary,barx + barlength,bary +GUI_HealthBarHeight*2 ,seltarg.l_syshp/seltarg.l_maxsyshp*100,$000000,$0000FF,$00AA00,0,1,0)

at position 115: Unknown variable l_syshp

Required custom sprites:
spr_Core.png, spr_Alien.png, in the /Folder directory.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

I have the same issue, but I made my ship from scratch.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Well, I have a slight problem. I can't open .sb4 files made with the last version of SM. Open old gives me nonsense and crashes. I would include a sample of it here, but it's acting like it's only a few lines, and if so would stretch the forum a few thousand pixels. I can PM it if you like. It doesn't matter which .sb4 I try to open, this happens with every one I try.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Have you used the "open old sb4" option? :roll:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Weapon drivers and weapon links in old sb4s make errors, so you need to clear them out and then proceed to open the old sb4.

That's just one of the possibilities, though.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Swamp Fox wrote:Open old gives me nonsense and crashes. I would include a sample of it here, but it's acting like it's only a few lines, and if so would stretch the forum a few thousand pixels.
...what? Why can't you just upload it like everyone else?

EDIT: Nevermind all bugs with loading and saving. Ive fixed them. don't try load old sb4s and don't make ships with ThrusterEx for now... ill make a new release once im done with triggers.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

I've been more or less AWOL for just about two months now, so I find myself newb enough to test a release.

First problem: I can only use the twenty-four stock sections. Where did I go wrong?

EDIT: After a bit of snooping, I found that the sections were split into groups, and logic followed that I somehow overlooked the button to switch between the groups. The problem was temporarily fixed by combining every sprite into one master group, changing the numbers correspondingly, of course.
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

EDIT: After a bit of snooping, I found that the sections were split into groups, and logic followed that I somehow overlooked the button to switch between the groups. The problem was temporarily fixed by combining every sprite into one master group, changing the numbers correspondingly, of course.
That's been around for a while. Go to Tools >> Enable 1234 (or some similar option). Then you can go between the groups with the keys 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Also, use z to bring up a menu showing all the sections (in the active group) on the right side of the screen.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Two bugs;

1) Section picker sometimes spawns two sections; the one I'm trying to spawn, and the one next to it, on the right side. This happens only in section picker. The highlight on the section button seems to stick, or lag. I don't know if that's related to it though.

2) After about an hour of building, the mouse cursor dissapeared when I moved it into the SM window. It still functions properly, it's just invisible.

I'll restart SM and see if that gets rid of the bugs.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

You will need to be much more specific about the second error. As usual.
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

Ships with sections throw errors when they're spawned in-game. I've tested it rather thoroughly. Even a single section breaks the ship. Virtually any number of weapons and modules, including ThrusterEx, can be attached directly to the core without causing trouble, so long as there are no sections.

It also seems that your code for saving the ThrusterEx's is broken. It's a bit hard to explain, but it looks like every ThrusterEx included after the first has the function call and the ThrusterEx designation reversed.

I'll post the exact messages later, I'm just writing from memory.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Sections - No idea, everything works fine on my end. Maybe theres a bug in current ver of BSFCE that i unknowingly fixed in my source.

ThrusterEx - Apparently you missed this:
Kaelis wrote:EDIT: Nevermind all bugs with loading and saving. Ive fixed them. don't try load old sb4s and don't make ships with ThrusterEx for now... ill make a new release once im done with triggers.