Lightweight features/suggestions

Archive of old Custom Edition threads.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Fix the custom weapon color mirror/clone bug.

EDIT: Thanks.

Now can you figure out the 'ctrl-click selected section doesn't parent new weapon to it' bug? PWEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE :D
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

rotsections need an end at limit variable, so things like foldout shields actually stay where they belong.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Better to have actual triggers IMO. That way stuff can be retracted/deployed again, if necessary.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

You know how you can press V in SM to see the weapon arcs? Well, would it be possible to have something that would let you see the range as well?
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Grath
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grath »

Have something like the V for weapon arcs that shows point of rotation and how far it'll rotate for Rotsections.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Arcalane wrote:Better to have actual triggers IMO. That way stuff can be retracted/deployed again, if necessary.
basically what I intended.
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

What are the odds of adding more categories to the "1234" system? I've rewritten my smsprites.ini to keep things very tidy, but it could really benefit from extended flexibility.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

We can sure use more options/fields for editing current ship AIs (broadsider, flanker) and perhaps adding more of our own custom-made AIs.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Addendum to rotation/linear triggers, make sure they have DC options.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

I'm curious, is a better targeting system in the pipelines? I'm tired of all my long-range shots missing because they shoot where the ship is at the time of the shot, rather than predicting where the ship will be when the shot connects.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

No.

Ed: As I understand it, that would be anything but lightweight. Ditto for customizable AI and the like.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Normandy wrote:I'm curious, is a better targeting system in the pipelines? I'm tired of all my long-range shots missing because they shoot where the ship is at the time of the shot, rather than predicting where the ship will be when the shot connects.
Objective Interim Field Expedient Fuck-It Option: Lern2leadurtarget in DC Mode. :lol:

P.S. I've noticed my designs have all evolved into 'fighter' style armament arrangements with fixed forward-firing guns behind a heavy pointed armored/shielded nose; this format is great for manual even if the AI sucks a special kind of hard with it.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Would it be possible/easy to have some way of getting sections to switch colors in game?
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Sections that change between to colors, starting at one color and change to the other as damaged.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Settable origin for sprite import, which naturally would extend to all instances of the sprite.