More Stuff I Made

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Talhydras
Commander
Commander

More Stuff I Made

Post by Talhydras »

ImageImageImageImage

I've made two ships so far. The Druna Skas (or Black Anvil)-class Battleship, which is the wedge shaped ship, and the Deathdealer. The Deathdealer could probably use a few more doodads to bring it more closely in line with the Druna Skas, but, oh wells. The Druna Skas is 2252 meters in length and is a later model Faladhi battleship, featuring much larger missile bays than earlier iterations. In the third screenshot, you can see it and the Deathdealer compared to the earlier versions they were based on.
The Deathdealer (and all other Asura-class dreadnoughts) by contrast is a single-person craft driven by a Faladhi noble using a neural interface. The Deathdealer is 3604 meters long, or thereabouts, and is one of the most heavily armed warships in space. Specializing in close assaults, the Deathdealer has only two thirds the standard heavy laser armament of an Asura-class dreadnought, instead featuring the ability to fire 252 ship to ship missiles in a single devastating volley. Deathdealer also has a commendably heavy projectile armament, though it is definitively overshadowed by the standard Reconquista-class assault dreadnought in that respect.

For those that remember my other big Faladhi ship posts, there will be technical details coming soon. I'm just super busy.

And, fun with photoshop:

And some other screenies:
In SIUS colors
In Dalvitan colors
Big blueprint, because I like doing those

Miscellaneous Links:
Size comparison with a lot of other ships
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I'd comment, but that'd probably involve unleashing my inner fanboy. Which is a bad idea. I hope that says enough.
Great work, once again.

Also, could you do a few more of those comparison charts? It's great.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Holy Ship!

That is all. Words alone can not convey how good these two ships are.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

:shock: Woah.

It looks like someone took the Warning Forever enemy and injected it with radioactive steroids and awesome serum.

Sweeeeet :D
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

DeathsHand wrote::shock: Woah.

It looks like someone took the Warning Forever enemy and injected it with radioactive steroids and awesome serum.

Sweeeeet :D
I believe Tal stated around when he started making ships, that some of his inspiration came from Warning Forever.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

:shock:

Hawt!

....sb4 pl0x? :D
Talhydras
Commander
Commander

Post by Talhydras »

ArcaneDude: Sure. I'm open to suggestions for additions to the size comparison, though I'd really appreciate it if a side/top view was provided with suggestions. Also, I imagine other people are going to want to submit their BSF ships, and I'm gonna tell you right now I'm probably not going to accept more than one or two submissions from anybody. So pick wisely.

DeathsHand: Lizzie's correct. If you peruse my old ship page I linked, you can see that I did indeed take inspiration from Warning Forever. Hell, I even won the fanships category of BP2 with the WF ship. The Asura-class is named after that particular enemy type from WF, albeit modified slightly.

I warn you right now, SMCE takes AGES to save these things. So make a sandwich.

My only request is that if you get any sweet screenies of my ship, you post 'em. Because I like seeing them in different colors.
Talhydras
Commander
Commander

Post by Talhydras »

Bump: Deathdealer fiction.

Second in power and notoriety amongst collectors and historians only to the massive royal flagship Shrike is the Deathdealer. In our current 1:3500 scale, this model is just under 92 centimeters in length just barely edging out our earlier Reconquista model. Infamous as the ship that changed how wars were fought in the known universe, the Deathdealer is an essential collection piece. No expense has been spared, and over 60% of the surface of our model has been electroplated in gold and silver, just like the original was. With the addition of a miniaturized battery pack, the spartan running lights will function and the engines will glow.

Features:
We have provided a much better representation of the primary sublight drives of Faladhi ships on this model. Here is just one of the 26 engine arrays (totaling 38 jets) that provide main power (a staggering 3.3 petawatts) as well as give the Deathdealer its trademark blinding acceleration and maneuverability unequalled by any ship of any size. Ships of this class, the noble dreadnoughts, were never intended to serve as military units. Instead, in the generations leading to the end of the Faladhi isolation, those nobles who concerned themselves with sport and conflict settled personal disputes and fought for sport alike in these ships. Extensive shipyards around the homeworlds of the 23 great Houses were devoted entirely to the constant production, refinement, modification, and design of these personal vessels. Over the years, they quickly blossomed in size, starting with barely FTL capable destroyers, to the modern Asura-class ship. Given that no two noble warriors used the same tactics, it is fair to say that no two Asura-class vessels were alike, although until Lady Fen Krast's Deathdealer and Lord Aenar Damasc's Claymore these differences were generally superficial. We hope to provide a model of the Claymore at a later date, instead choosing to focus our efforts on bringing a quality model of the Deathdealer to you sooner!

In many respects, Deathdealer was an anomalous representative of the Asura-class. This ship much more closely resembles the common Navy Reconquista-class assault dreadnought. The contemporary Asura had no guided weapons to speak of, instead focusing entirely on a blistering directed energy weapons loadout. The nobility of the Faladhi species viewed the skill and reflexes necessary in getting maximum performance out of those weapons to be significantly more entertaining than reliance on projectile weaponry, although use of coilgun was not uncommon in the semiannual noble combat tournaments. In the most important way, however, the Deathdealer was identical to any other Asura and that was that it featured an enormously overpowered FTL drive capable of generating very short range warp bubbles for rapid tactical movement. The aft quarter of the main body was almost entirely devoted to housing gigantic capacitor arrays. Indeed, the lightened hull and excessive amount of power was as much to focus energy into this powerful drive as it was to increase the maneuverability of the ship. Deathdealer changed the face of warfare by combining aggressive point-blank jumps with overwhelming missile firepower to vaporize enemy capital ships in single shots.

Deathdealer featured an excellent balance of weapons. Here we see the close range component, with the many massive missile bays ready to simultaneously launch their destructive payload as well as the medium cannon turrets. Deathdealer's light coilgun armament rivalled that of a Reconquista-class, and its missiles and lasers were signficantly more powerful. It is not exaggeration to say that the ship possessed more firepower per unit mass than any other spaceship known, even including the signficantly larger Imperial Flagship Shrike. Of additional note is that Lady Fen did not completely forgo the forward limbs of the standard Asura, instead creating a central stalk they could attach to to create something approaching the ablative forward armor of a Reconquista class ship, ostensibly so that her ship could better serve in a wall of battle if necessary. It is rumored that additional spinal coilguns were concealed beneath these forward limbs and in combat the forward hull could break apart to reveal these extra weapons, though no official files indicate this to be the case.

Deathdealer could ripple fire 250 missiles in under a second, each missile with the standard antiship payload of five ten megaton fusion bombs. In an optimal bombing run, the Deathdealer's standard missile complement alone could depopulate several million square kilometers of a terrestrial planet, with successive launches or switching to the higher yield bombing warheads only increasing the cataclysmic damage. However, this damage was negligible compared to the indescribable holocaust caused by massive kinetic energy impacts (such as the final fate of the FCS-655 Reconquista, whose impact was measured at 109,000 gigatons of TNT equivelant). The biggest threat Deathdealer posed to a planet was in its rapid assault aspect; kinetic weapons had to accelerate before they could successfully engage a planet. Deathdealer's enhanced FTL drive meant that in under 60 seconds it could reduce a hemisphere to ashes as its fleet scrambled to engage.

In spite of all of this heavy close range armament, Deathdealer still sported ten X-Ray Lasers, each with a power output of 8 terawatts on target. At their minimum combat-useful spot size of 5mm, one of these weapons could put a hole over a thousand kilometers deep in solid iron. Standard combat spot size of 25 cm in diameter could put a hole 500 meters deep in solid iron, with the vaporization front moving nearly 2.5 kilometers per second through the toughest ablative materials. Close hits on compartments could send ionized plasma arcing through the hull, inflicting tremendous structural damage. Against smaller patrol ships, a single salvo of lasers could generally scissor the ship in half. Due to their incredibly high frequency, these weapons had enormous effective range, maintaining lethal coherency over several astronomical units. In missions of commerce raiding, given accurate intelligence Faladhi ships could use these weapons to strike from across the inner part of any solar system. Their advanced laser generators and optics were duplicated only on Dalvitan defensive structures throughout the majority of the war due to their intense complexity and the zealousness with which the Faladhi attempted to prevent their capture.

The key to Deathdealer's incredible firepower and durability was its pilot. Lady Fen was the only individual ever required to operate this ship due to her neural interface, unlike the ~16,000 crew manning a common ship of comparable size. The vast majority of internal space on this craft is dedicated to weapons, armor, power supplies, ammunition, and repair systems. There are luxurious quarters for up to 150 guests at a time, and even a very small centripetal ring that Lady Fen had specially installed so she could exercise and stay fit aboard for long durations, but otherwise the craft was a combat juggernaught alone.

Such a historic and exciting piece shouldn't pass you by! Invest in the pride of the House Krast fleet, the Deathdealer, today! Available for the bargain price of 16,000 solars. Some assembly required. Not suitable for juveniles or for those who lack prehensile digits.

Krast Commision FNS-179 Asura-class Rho variant Noble Dreadnought Statistics:
Service History: FNS-179 Deathdealer, constructed Dynasty Year 157 by House Krast
-DY 157-162* Imperial Combat Tournaments (DY 160,161), Krast Occupation (*extensive period spent in drydock due to damage)
-DY 163-164 entry deleted by unknown user
-all following entries deleted by unknown user
Power Plant: 50x3 Jalan Science Guild Series 12 cores, individual core lifespan avg 19 yrs.
Total Length: 3,206 meters or 1.994 miles (10,530 feet)
Total Width: 1,939 meters, or 1.205 miles (6,366 feet)
Total Height (Main Body): 478.15 meters or 0.297 miles (1,568 feet)
Total Height (Secondary Hull): 1,498 meters or 0.931 miles (4,914 feet)
Total Volume: 931,221,813 cubic meters or 3.2886E10 cubic feet (block coefficient of 0.1)
Total Mass (Dry): 437,674,252 metric tons (avg density 0.47 g/cm^3)
Total Mass (Full Load): 527,071,546 metric tons (avg density 0.566 g/cm^3)
Subspace Propulsion:12x2 + 14x1 Ythar Shipbuilders Guild Class XVI Fusion Thruster (max output 1.718E13 N), x176 Higar Shipbuilders Guild Mark 4 Maneuvering Jet
Supralight Propulsion: x24 Denan Shipbuilders Guild Class VII Dislocation Node, est. max single jump range 2048 LY, 100,000 LY service cycle
Maximum Safe Acceleration (Dry): 178 m/sec^2
Maximum Safe Acceleration (Full Load): 147.5 m/sec^2
FTL Range: Extensive on-board maintenance and miniaturized manufacturing facilities free the DNB-6a from all restrictions save FTL and main power plant overhauls.
STL Range: Onboard reaction mass sufficient for 24 hours continuous maximum acceleration. Cometary processing facilities equipped for deep space resupply. Fuses 5.39 kg of hydrogen per second.
Standard Crew Compliment: 1 pilot
Maximum Embarked Personnel: 1 standard compliment, 150 max accomodation in guests quarters for 151.
Embarked Craft: 2x2 Saval Craftsmen Guild Mod 9 Electromagnetic Launch tubes, cycle time 14 seconds ea.
12 Denan Artisan Guild Mod. 5 Shuttles
Armament:
x14 UV Assault Lasers, Loras Artisans Guild Model 5 (2x2 + 2x3 fore, 2x2 aft)
x10 X-Ray Heavy Lasers, Loras Artisans Guild Model 12 Special (2x2 + 2x3 wide traverse mounts)
x18 UV Point Defense Lasers, Loras Artisans Guild Model 9 (6x2 + 2x3)
x4 12x66cm Heavy LR Hypervelocity Cannon, Denan Craftsmen Guild Model 33a (2x2 forward batteries)
- note: avg bombardment yield of 1700 +/- 250 kilotons TNT per round fired. Standard ordnance load is 500,000 rds, 75% solid, 20% bombardment scattershot, 5% special issue
x22 5x24cm Medium Hypervelocity Cannon, Denan Craftsmen Guild Model 20 (4x2 fwd emplacements, 4x3 side emplacements, x2 rear)
- note: avg bombardment yield of 0.25 +/- 0.01 kilotons TNT per round fired. Standard ordnance load is 7 million rds solid
x14 1x7 cm Light Hypervelocity Cannon, Denan Craftsmen Guild Model 4b (solid shell)
x252 Ordnance Launch Tubes, 14x18 Launch Bay mount, Saval Shipbuilders Guild Model 6 (2016 standard rds [50 megaton TNT yield], 360 enhanced yield warheads [100-250 megaton yield], 4 FTL Drone Probe, 8 FTL Drone Messenger)
Armor: Alternating ultra-reactive and high density layers, standard bulkhead thickness 5 meters. Critical locations feature 35 meters. Turrets and articulated joints feature 14 meter triple hulls. Decorative gold and silver plating over 67% of the hull
Unit Production Cost: est. 75 trillion solars
Annual Operating Cost: 550 billion solars
Total Confirmed Capital Ship Kills: 336
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Oh Snap!
Those ships are seriously awesome! Very different from anything I have ever seen!
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Jesus Christ.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

This is the most awesome ships I have ever seen...
Just unspeakably awesome...
Hades
Commander
Commander

Post by Hades »

These ships are really fucking cool.

A tip of my hat, sir.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Simply wonderful. Every single ship or word you've posted ITT is just pure gold. Your style got even better with the new sections.

Those size comparison charts are a really good idea, by the way. In the future, when all us BSFCE guys have our fleet up and running, there should be a FUCKING HUGE size comparison chart that has all the good stuff.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

20 seconds load
55 seconds save sb4
35 seconds save shp
Talhydras wrote:I warn you right now, SMCE takes AGES to save these things. So make a sandwich.
I did some tests to get actual measurements on saving times.

20 seconds to load Druna Skass.sb4
55 seconds to save Druna Skass.sb4
35 seconds to save Druna Skass.shp

Done on Athlon64 3200+ (2GHZ).

On average, .sb4 save is 2x as long as .shp. Its mainly due to the fact that when saving sb4, it has to loop through all sections two more times, first to assign id to every section and second to ascertain mirroring status. Unfortunately, theres nothing i can do about it (well, at least nothing that im aware of). Sb3 was not much more than a simple memory dump, while sb4 has to actually get and write data in a logical fashion. I will include a shortcut to save just the sb4, though.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Talhydras, your ships are simply beautiful. Thank you, and I hope you make more. Now if you will excuse me, I will go unleash my inner fanboy in a safer location.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."