WYRDYSM GAMES

Home of Battleships Forever
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:28 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:40 am 
Offline
Captain
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:14 am
Posts: 261
Svard grasped the sword that Rose had given him. Much sharper than the steak knife. Nice.

"Is it Swedish?" he asked Rose. His only response was a silence that conveyed the message "You're a dumbass"

He looked around at the two newcomers, and the many introductions going on.

He stood on top of a large rock and waved the sword around over his head, shouting "Hello everyone! I'm Svard! I work at-worked at IKEA!"

Blank stares.

"Hello!" He smiled and said again. More blank stares. Maybe it was the immensely sharp sword he was swinging around.

He gave up and stepped off his rock, and pulled out his steak knife and began comparing it with the new sword.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:06 am 
Offline
FOOLISH SAMURAI
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:37 am
Posts: 4028
Location: UK
Erin snerks at Kaen's outburst, shaking her head a little. "I suppose you could consider yourself fortunate to still be alive, although that depends entirely on how much you enjoy being one of the few survivors of an unexplained 'cleansing' of reality." She shrugs. "That bullet wound, on the other hand, is probably not helping matters. As for us, well... yeah, we survived this, somehow, then those rock-coated tin-cans just tried to kill us for surviving. Rather rude of the buggers but there you go." She pauses and thinks, tail wrapped around her middle as she thinks about what to do about the wound. "We know about as much as you do, to be honest."

Erin looks around, checking the tools on her belt and her pockets with a sigh, obviously not finding what she was looking for. "Figures, the one day I forget to pack the EMK is the one day I need it."

_________________
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:40 pm 
Offline
Captain
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 365
Location: lawlville
After shaking Daniel's hand, Vanick smiled faintly barely comprehending his welcoming speech.
Nodding to show that he understood the situation he returned to his observation of the skies. The stars continued to disappear... how surprising...

"If I am now in a different universe I wonder if..."

Pausing to utter a brief 'excuse me', Vanick strode toward the closest fire. His every step now dogged with a sense of urgency.

Upon reaching the fire he crouched, staring into the open flame.

"If the aether in this place is different or non-existent then I'm pretty screwed"

Looking over his shoulder once more, he saw some people looking on with either of curiosity or suspicion.

"Never mind, they will find out soon enough anyway. Either way I have to confirm this."

Taking a deep breath, and inhaling some ash in the process, Vanick plunged his hand deep into the flames. Instantly a light stinging sensation pricked his skin and eventually began traveling up his arm.

Relieved, he retracted his hand and began to inspect the fire protection run on his hand. The orange lines that criss-crossed his hand were glowing faintly, protecting him from heat and flame. In short, it was these runes that had been etched all over his body that protected him from fire of almost any sort, including his own magical flame.

Thoroughly relieved that this protective runes still worked he looked at the crowd. Looking the man who had just been handed a sword, shouting his introduction to the whole world to hear, Vanick spared himself a small smile and walked back.

"Heh how did a Steak Knife totting person get here." Vanick thought, with a small smile.

_________________
Assorted Randomness
The Tal'Vorah Fleet


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:52 pm 
Offline
aka SilverWingedHerpaderp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:51 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Elsewhere
Rose laughed a bit at Svard's swinging of the sword, shaking his head a little, "Careful with that thing. It'll cut through... well, just about anything. It's called Excalibur." He said, moving to stand beside Scott and offering him a reassuring smile. He blinked as Garion handed him a sword from of the Rock-Bots, examining it curiously before Garion began to dig through another one of the robot's torso's apparently ignoring the strange beeping device he'd found in one of the others.

Rose blinks and moves to pick it up, carrying it back to the group and examining it, "Hrm, I wonder what this is." He says out loud, before pressing one of the buttons on the outside of it.

ZAP, in the blink of an eye they were all surrounded by a giant field and suddenly transported onto what appeared to be the hangar of a spaceship, and apparently it was in the middle of a battle, because the firing of weapons could be heard. Only a few fighters were still in the hangar.

"Um... whoops?" Rose said with a sheepish expression.

_________________
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:34 am 
Offline
FOOLISH SAMURAI
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:37 am
Posts: 4028
Location: UK
Erin groans defeatedly at the sudden change of scenery. "This is why we do not press random buttons, you know. You could've gotten us all killed."

She stands up, leaving Kaen presumably leaning against a hangar wall, moving over to examine one of the fighters, staying clear of it but trying to identify the various systems and look for any identifying markings, as well as look out of the hangar from her current position to see if she can see the opposing party's craft.

"I don't recognize any of these... not that that's really a surprise, I suppose. Either way, I doubt whoever owns this ship will be happy to know we're here."

_________________
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:16 am 
Offline
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:27 am
Posts: 922
Location: New Saris, Northern Aralonia
Miri swore as she was suddenly surrounded by the field, felt like she was lifted by a garment that people generally aren't lifted by, and promptly landed in the middle of the hangar with everyone else. What the hell just happened? This can't be right, I didn't think that we could get out!

“What the hell just happened!?” Daniel raised his hands up and stomped his foot down. “This can't be right, I didn't think we could get out of there!” He examined his surroundings, and his feelings of confusion and derision were instantly dispersed. “Oh your God, we're actually on a spaceship. This is absolutely amazing. Entirely bloody awesome.” He smiled rather sadly. “Wish everyone were here to see it... lookit me, Daniel Hawking, spaceship man.” He then took a closer look at the fighters that were nearby, walking around one of them and trying to make heads from tails. “Damn! Single-seated, looks fast... Oh, wow! Weapons ports. Take a look at these things!” He took a closer look at his surroundings and blanched. “OH BLOODY FUCK THERE ISN'T A WALL THERE HOW ARE WE BREATHING Ah hell, I've seen stranger anyways.”

Miri facepalmed. “Honestly...” It's just like me to do that. Why is he miming me? She looked from party member to party member, ignoring Daniel, and shrugged. “So, what do we do? Find our way to the bridge, hijack one of these things... Doubtful if anyone except Ms. Half-Cat knows how vaguely to fly one of these, anyway... Do we sit and wait?”

_________________
DPUO wrote:
<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:06 am 
Offline
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:51 pm
Posts: 865
Location: Trying to get into someone's panties...
Again, confusion kicks in as they are suddenly warped to what seems to be a spaceship in full combat. And again, Alex is severely irritated.

"Oh hell no," he shouts. "Hell no." He looks around and takes note of his surroundings, which seem to be changing a bit too rapidly for his liking. "Why the hell can't we just pick one nice and fucking quiet place and stay there?"

He examines one of the fighters, looking at its basic design and flight controls.
"Okay, there should be no need to worry. I've been in an arcade hall, I'm pretty sure I can fly these too."

_________________
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:45 am 
Offline
FOOLISH SAMURAI
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:37 am
Posts: 4028
Location: UK
Erin eyes Miri. "My name is Erin, thankyouverymuch, you could at the very least refer to me as such, since it looks like we're going to be working together for a while."

She turns around to face the group. "No, going out there is suicidal. We have no safe harbour, the other party in this skirmish are likely to shoot us, and as soon as these guys know we're not really on their side, they're likely to start shooting us too. They'll probably start shooting us for being here, as I imagine they'll think we're a boarding party sent by the other fellas. They might not, of course, but it's certainly possible."

"On the plus side, this ship should have two main things we can... borrow. One - bigger guns. Hokey powers and ancient weapons are rarely a match for a good firearm at your side. Let's face it, we could run into those tin cans at any time, so we need to have the upper hand. Even if you can't shoot, I'm sure you can learn fast."
Erin grins.

"Two - medical supplies. I don't think I even need to say why we need these." She glances at Kaen. "Either way, things are about to get interesting. Again."

_________________
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:18 am 
Offline
Captain
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:00 am
Posts: 342
Location: Tellus Tertius
Kaen looked around at the hangar, with its strange fighters, soon noticing the shield-wall-thingy. For some reason he found it quite amusing, and started smiling.

“Heh, I haven't seen one of those in quite a while. Oh, that brings back memories. Good times, good times.....”

“On the other hand, the last time you saw one of those there was a battle and you were getting shot at. Actually, that appears to be the case here.”

The smile disappeared.

“Also, I doubt the owners of this ship will appreciate our presence. You should prepare for an attack.”

Regardless of how much he disliked it, for once Kaen agreed.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I agree with Erin here. I don't know about you, but I for one can not simply climb into a fighter and fly it without having had previous experience with that particular model. Bigger weapons and medical supplies do sound like a good idea though. Although currently I'm the only casualty, it appears at least some of you are expecting more fighting, which usually produces more. One thing's for sure though: If this is anything like a normal military ship, they will not welcome our presence. We should probably leave the area relatively soon.”

_________________
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:58 am 
Offline
Commodore
Commodore
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:27 am
Posts: 521
Location: San Diego, CA
Scott was gripping at his head with both hands, the headache he had temporarily forgotten about reminded him of it's presence in the disorientation that came from being sent from one place of the multiverse to another in what felt like an instant.

"No seriously, do any of you guys have any aspi...rin..."
He stared out into space with large eyes, feeling like this set of events would never stop amazing him. Looking straight into space was almost as amazing as a catperson.
"W- woah, what the hell"

Frantically, he looked around.
"Where the hell are we? And where the hell did the place we were in just now go?"

On the mention of bigger guns, his face lit up like a kid on christmas eve.
I want a laser


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:30 am 
Offline
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:35 pm
Posts: 887
Location: Below My Postcount
One moment Garion was rummaging through the chest of the rock monster, and then next he was staring down at a polished steel floor. He closed his eyes, suppressing the urge to punch the closest person to him. Slowly exhaling, he opened his eyes and stared down at the piece of scrap metal he had just crushed with his hands, blood dripping from a gash where it had cut him. The twisted steel clanged as it hit the deck.

Garion rose to his feet, turning around to take in the hangar. Everyone else was already moving around - apparently he was the last one to have been transported. "Pick a door, and let's go.

_________________
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

Wyrdysm Games wrote:
Stop quoting the line above in your sigs!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:56 pm 
Offline
aka SilverWingedHerpaderp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:51 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Elsewhere
One of the doors slid open and a troup of a armored soldiers came in, armed with advanced looking weapons, their armored clean and polished and just as advanced in appearance. They hold their weapons ready, but don't aim at the group. Coming up behind the group, a female in a very formal looking uniform, her features distinctly feline. In fact, it was quite obviously Erin, although there were subtle differences in their posture, and this one seemed older and bore a scar line on a face where a wound had scared badly.

She looked over the group, narrowing her eyes, "Let them in. Arm them. Give them whatever they need. Dimensional survivors, on a need to know basis. They probably won't be staying long."

Rose opens his mouth to say something, taking Scott's hand, only to be cut off by scarred Erin, "You, we need to talk." She said, pointing to her armour-clad double.

_________________
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:26 pm 
Offline
FOOLISH SAMURAI
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:37 am
Posts: 4028
Location: UK
Erin would normally exclaim this as absurd, but she's seen enough in the last two hours already. She makes sure her pistol is holstered and secure with the safety on and that everything is secure.

[Great, now I'm... this is gonna get confusing. Alright. I can handle this. Routine. Here we go!] She walks over to her uniformed double at a practiced, confident pace, stops with her feet shoulder-width apart and snaps a smart salute. "Ma'am?" Erin maintains eye contact, though she's obviously having a hard time suppressing a smirk.

_________________
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:07 pm 
Offline
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:51 pm
Posts: 865
Location: Trying to get into someone's panties...
Alex looks from the armed soldiers, to the other uniformed feline, and back to the original cat-lady, the expression on his face quite hilarious.

"Woah. So, is this all part of the plan?" he says to nobody in particular.

_________________
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:32 pm 
Offline
Captain
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:19 pm
Posts: 365
Location: lawlville
Vanick let his hand fall casually next to his sword, looking at the armed soldiers cautiously. He continued his vigil, glancing briefly at the feline who had accompanied them walking up to her Alternate Universe counterpart.

"Well well, things just got a whole lot more interesting..." Vanick said in a low whisper.

_________________
Assorted Randomness
The Tal'Vorah Fleet


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group