The Experiment [IC Thread]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Erin holsters her pistol as the last assassin 'bot falls to the ground unable to function, and raises an eyebrow as Kaen appears. She quickly moves over and checks his vital signs, frowning at the strange mumbling.

"Well he's alive and stable, though fatigued, I think..." She does another check of Kaen, looking for any injuries. "...dammit, looks like some kinda bullet wound. Anyone got any medical supplies?"
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Svard blinked back to consciousness.

He looked around, to the debris he tripped on, to the new man lying on the ground, asleep.

"...get a new steak knife..."

Svard jumped up, then back down to grab the knife. He slowly stood back up.

"Who is he?" he said, pointing at the man sleeping on the ground. "Is he related to... them?"

Svard nearly pounced on the man before tripping again. He didn't hit his head this time, but as he stood up, he realized he had one hell of a headache.

"Does anybody have any, er, aspirin or something?"

He glanced around to see nobody listening, just examining either the new man or the rock monsters. He grumbled and sat down, playing with the knife.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

View: Daniel Hawking

Daniel smirked to himself and put his hands down as his final shot landed a killing blow. “Guess I was good for something after all.” He brushed some dirt off his clothes and began examining the motley crew. Buff guy fiddling with mp3 player, androgynous guy with rocker huddled in a corner, psychotic knife-dude, Miri, and humanoid cat (cat-like humanoid? The order matters, here) attending to shot recent appearer.

Oi, who the hell do I talk with? I guess I'd better lend a hand. He walked forward towards Erin. “Hey. I don't have any medical supplies, but is there any other way I can help, if you need a hand?”

View: Miri Hawke

Miri stood in the middle of the street, staring at the night sky. It's pretty. I never really got a chance to look up, didn't I? Always getting chased... always, those odd memories of a night sky over a school. How odd... She kept her head held up, watching the skies. Her eyes widened as she raised a hand towards the sky, her index finger slightly pointed towards something. “It's going...” A star suddenly increased its brightness, then faded out of existence. “That... Did that star just disappear?” Miri turned her head to look at Rose. “How much do you know about this?”
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Scott hadn't thought Rose would follow him, and the voice right next to his ear took him quite by surprise.
Startled, he turned around, his lips brushing against Rose's cheek, and lost his balance.

As he fell backwards he lashed his arm out on instinct and grabbed Rose, pulling him along in the fall.
Well, shit...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Erin glances at Dan. "I doubt it, to be honest." She looks back at Kaen. "On the one hand it'd probably be a good idea to get him out of this suit I have no idea where to start with this thing, and I don't want to risk making his injuries worse trying to get to them..." Erin frowns a little as she examines it. "Heh. I've seen worse, but this is gonna leave a scar."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

The dust cleared, giving Garion a reasonably clear view of the hulk of rock now lyin gon the ground. Its internal mechanisms were sparking, and metal poked out in places where the protective shell had been shattered. He telekinetically grabbed hold and ripped a chunk of its internal mechanisms out of its sockets, making sure it wouldn't be getting up again. Good, atleast some of these beings can fight reasonably well. A peculiar rift formed in the sky, dropping off a newcomer as unceremoniously as it did the last. Garion instinctively reached out to slow the soldier's fall, but he stopped himself. A few feet won't kill anyone. Unless its a life threatening situation, I have no reason to protect anybody but myself. For now, atleast.

Garion strolled over to the 'bot, leaving the others to take care of the gun-shot wound. He choose a reasonably comfortable section of rock to sit on and proceeded to examine the innards of the machine. It's been a while since I've done this; Bes’uliik and Difii’lr were barely changed for centuries. I'm going to need to know these machines as well as I did the others. He frowned, looking at the individual parts. These are like nothing I've ever seen - the tech here is completely different. Then again, everything here was different. He couldn't even compare the strange pinpoints of light that dotted the sky to anything from home. He glanced up at them again, noticing one winking out of existance. He couldn't even tell if that was normal.

His attention turned to the rest of the 'crew', as it seemed to look like it was starting to be. This is going to be one hell of a story.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Stars were blinking out all across the night sky, faster and faster now, until only a few were left hanging. The most noticable change occured when one of this world's two large, bright white moons just vanished out of existance, as if it had never been there to begin with. Rose glanced to Kaen blinking as he's apparently addressed as being this man's daughter. How odd.

Rose glances to Miri and shrugs, "Not much. The multiverse is being erased from existence and somehow we were saved. The universes we came from are likely... well, destroyed." He replied.

Rose then made a rather surprised squeak as Scott's lips brushed against his cheek and then he fell, dragging Rose along with him. Rose gasps in surprise as he lands on top of Scott, their faces so close together, staring into his eyes for a moment and blushing bright red before quickly scrambling to his feet, squirming awkwardly, "So, uh... we should probably check the bodies of those robot things... maybe they have some clue as to who could be behind this."

As he said that, mere moments after Kaen's arrival, another rift opened up, unceremoniously dropping Vanick onto the ground only a few feet away, although he appears to be completely awake, if looking very confused. Unsurprising, since he just saw his whole world destroyed.

"Huh. Another new guy." Rose mumbled, walking over to Svard and lifting him to his feet, dusting him off, "Be more careful, kid. If you need something to defend yourself with, take this."

He handed over the sword he originally used to spear the second robot thing with, and Svard found it to be surprisingly light, "Should be of more use to you than that steak knife... which is a really odd thing to be carrying around in your pocket, I must say."
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Erin glances back and sighs, rolling her eyes at the arrival of Vanick. "What is this, a kill-three-assassin-robots-get-two-guys-free offer?" She just shakes her head and goes back to checking over the unconcious Kaen's injuries.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

"What the heck just happened?"

Dazed and Confused, Vanick got up and started brushing dust and ash off his clothes.

"Wait, ash?"

Vanick raised his head and surveyed the area, seeing the shattered and disemboweled hulks of what seemed to be robots of some kind and some people milling about the wreckage.

After checking that his Sword and equipment were still in their correct places, he started walking toward the group.

"heh looks like you landed yourself in more shit, AGAIN."
The voice that was Dakaroth murmured in his head.

"Shut it, one moment I was running along a street and the next I fall into the aftermath of a battle? Even a fucktard like yourself can figure out that this isn't normal and that I did nothing to get us here."

And with that Vanick brought up a mental cage and locked Dakaroth in some dark region of his mind. There were too many things happening to have Dakaroth badgering and distracting him. Vanick glanced up and saw star after star disappearing from the dark sky.

"Odd, I better get some answers."

Vanick glanced around again and saw what looked a blue haired girl handing a relatively ornate sword to a rather drab individual holding a steak knife.

"Hmmm is she the leader of this group?" Vanick thought as he approached them.

One or two of them glanced over at him as he approached, none seemed overly surprised that a newcomer had just fallen out of thin air.

"Well whatever," Vanick murmured before opening his mouth and asking "So... what just happened here?"
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Daniel blinked at the next newcomer. Is he talking to himself? Might be better if he could keep his thoughts in his head. “Ah, yo. Just got finished beating the crap out of a few robot lava demon fuckin' whatever things that just tried to kill us. You don't look like someone who has something against some group that just somewhat avoided getting some words destroyed, so somehow I guess you're someodd alright.” He grinned and stood up from Kaen's unconscious form and offered a hand to Vanick. “The name's Daniel Hawking. I guess you can say we're all that's left. Except the things that just tried to kill us.”

Miri glanced over at Daniel and facepalmed. Does he always fucking talk like that? “So, what's next? Gather something and move on? Where are we going to? Do we like the things that life is showing us? Where are we going to? Do we know?” She blinked. God damn it...
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

The luncheon was going quite nicely. The beef was tender, the wine was good, and the pudding was on fire.

“Wait, WHAT?!”

Kaen, realizing that puddings aren't normally associated with fire, started looking around to see what was going on, and just managed to catch a glimpse of a coconut exploding out of the commander's head. As if this weren't bad enough, the headless corpse then leaned across the table and started to poke him.

“.....Two-guys-free offer?” somehow issued forth from where the head would have been if it weren't for the coconut. And to top it all off, the commander's corpse was mutating into a cat-humanoid-something.

Kaen suddenly realized that he was awake, the cat was real, and his shoulder hurt. Looking around blearily, he spotted what looked like three rock-robot-junkpiles, and various other beings too far away to make out clearly at the moment. Most notably though, there was the girl with the blue hair.

“Alia? Wait.... No, it can't be, Alia would never use such an arcane weapon.”

So the girl wasn't his daughter. That made things easier. Looking around again, Kaen was quite surprised to realize that he wasn't dead yet. Not only that, but it appeared that the feline creature was actually helping him.

“So. I'm not dead yet. I suppose that means that for the moment I'm fairly safe. This leaves me two main questions: Who are you people, and what the Hell is going on?!”

“You are not dead yet: true. You are safe: false. Stop making stupid assumptions, you'll regret it. Chances are that these new... comrades.... will try to kill you, and you'll have to return the favor, so you may as well prepare for it. Especially the girl with blue hair.”

CRAP! I was hoping you were a dream too!”
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Among the beeps and sparks emanating from the beast’s guts, there was one thing noteworthy. A power source. Imagine the energy that it took to power such a monstrosity – if it could be harnessed, it’s power would prove invaluable. He carefully pounded a section of metal into a crude cover for the generator so he would not have to carry it barehanded. He then ripped out the sword, noticing its technological parts glowing with hints of magic. He tossed it to Rose. "Here - take this. You'll want it." He moved on to the other 'bot with the undamaged torso, working to take the power source out of that one as well.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Oh dear. Another one, huh?

Alex leaned back as another guy fell from the sky. This one, however, was a lot more awake. He saw Daniel talk to him... at least, it sounded like talking; he could barely understand him. Chances are, he'd want to know what was gonna happen, so it would be handy if action was undertaken.

He gets up and walks - no, it's more of a drag. He drags himself over to Daniel, and taps him on the shoulder.
"Dude." He looks around, and then looks at Dan again.
"I'm pretty sure what you just said isn't up for repeating that easily, but uh... we have a plan, right? Right?" That last part was a little more anxious.

Of course, in the entire process, he completely ignores the man who was just ejected from his own reality.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Scott laid on the ground where Rose had left him for a while, then he resumed breathing and stopped following Rose with his eyes.

He got his ass off of the ground and brushed the dust off his jeans.
From the time he had found himself... 'here', he hadn't been very attentive to the people around him.

He had been too busy thinking and hiding behind a trashcan to really open his mind properly to see everyone.
The first thing to cross his mind when he did open it was, Is that a friggin CAT?!

With people popping out of the air every other second, the situation became more confusing at a rapid rate, and with his headache Scott wasn't ready to quite cope with it.

To him, knowing Rose would be quite enough for now, because that's how far his interest would stretch itself at the moment.
That is, if you ignore a slight curiosity of just HOW a big cat on two legs works.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Daniel smiled at Alex. “I don't know if we have a plan – right now I think the best thing that we can do is get moving. We can't let our position stay obvious for long. Though, if they knew where we were, then I guess that's how they sent stuff here. I think we have to keep moving, or at least explore this city a bit. What do you think?” He offered a hand to Alex. “Dunno if you heard earlier, but I'm Daniel.”