Rotsections / sectioneffects beta bugs

Archive of old Custom Edition threads.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kaelis

Rotsections / sectioneffects beta bugs

Post by Kaelis »

Due to the complexity of the new features, especially rotating sections, there needs to be a beta release first so that people can find and report all remaining bugs. This means mainly rotating sections + weapons and modules, and all kinds of game scenarios and conditions relavant.

This thread is for posting bugs encountered when using the new rotating sections and section effects.

The more specifics, conditions, reproduction steps etc you post, the easier it will be to fix bugs. It also helps if you include sb4/shp files.
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

Yeah, I'm nocturnal. So sue me.

I'm not sure what to make of this, other than that something must be wrong. :P

[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

That.. is just so amazingly, hilariously, comically OTT a bug as I've ever seen here this side of the hacked SM in the upper forums! :lol:
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Turning off gradients fixed this for me, but it's obviously not an ideal fix.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Arcalane wrote:Turning off gradients fixed this for me, but it's obviously not an ideal fix.
That seems to work for me as well.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Hey, um... kinda a problem.

That reactor bit? It's meant to rotate around its center in a circle. It does this quite nicely. What it DOESN'T do, at all, is move with the rest of the ship. The ship could move to the other side of the map, and the reactor will remain wherever it spawned, although as the ship turns the individual sections will rotate in the direction they would be facing if they were actually still ATTACHED TO THE SHIP.

It's just... just... :shock:
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Shogoll
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Shogoll »

Unforeseen consequences?
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

[20:56] <Hege> Also, the new version seems to like to fiddle around with my screen settings
[20:56] <Hege> When I first time run it, it reseted my screen stretch settings
[20:58] <Anna> Of the shipmaker?
[20:58] <Hege> And its also acting like it'd be on full screen when its on windowed
[20:58] <Hege> No, my actual screen
[20:58] <Hege> Computer screen.
[20:58] <Anna> I mean, is it the game doing it, or the shipmaker?
[20:58] <Hege> The ship maker
[20:58] <Anna> 'Cause the shipmaker fucked with my screen settings too.
[20:59] <Anna> Does it like, bump up the contrast for you and make text seem smaller and harder to read?
[20:59] <Hege> For me, it made my work area smaller
[21:00] <Anna> Ah.
[21:00] <Hege> I have an older type of a screen where you have to set the work area.
[21:00] <Anna> Ah.
[21:00] <Anna> That's... gay.
[21:00] <Anna> And the weird shit SMCE does to my screen is also similarly gay. And not in the good "anal sex" way.
[21:01] <Hege> =/
[21:02] <Anna> I'll check to see if it's screenshotable, or if it's just fucking with my monitor.
[21:05] <Anna> Nope, not screenshotable. The stuff I copy-pasted looks like it should, after I close SMCE.
To be more specific, I load up SMCE, the screen goes black, as if I was loading up a fullscreen game or something that changes the resolution of my screen or something. It does this every time. It makes text sharper, brighter, and harder to read, and when I close SMCE, screen goes black again for a brief moment, then returns to normal. WTF?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Bugs fixed. Not sure about SM resolution, because i can't reproduce it.

Next time, please include more info and shps/sb4s. Just saying whats wrong and showing a screenshot is not enough.
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Not a bug, per se, but the 'section over/under' effects don't flip or mirror with the sections they're enabled for.

I suppose that could be a good thing from a certain perspective, but it seems that it should work for mirroring, at least.

Actually, effects in general don't work with mirroring, cloning, or group cloning. You have to set them up manually for all sections.

Also, changing the projectile colour on the point beams still breaks them. Dunno why.

If there's an easy fix to that, could you implement it sooner rather than later, please? :oops:

ED: ah, shit. Just saw Kaelis' last post. I'll get you your sb4's. :wink:
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Turning off particles and leaving the menu running for a couple minutes produces... this:

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Its better than what used to happen.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Lord-General Thunder wrote: ED: ah, shit. Just saw Kaelis' last post. I'll get you your sb4's. :wink:
Nah, its okay. I don't need sb4s to reproduce those issues you posted.
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Error in the Section cycler; attempting to scroll down from any section past Section70 scrolls to Section01 instead of to the next Section.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Check your ini. Section scrolling works perfectly for me.