The Experiment [IC Thread]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Daniel grimaced as the shot rebounded into his leg, losing a bit of balance and stumbling back a bit too far. “Dammit! I guess I'll have to strain it all, huh!?” His shields, fallen from a warm colour to an alarming red colour, began to strain and almost literally crack. “I wonder...! Where's some cover?!” He glanced around and saw an alley between some buildings – absoutely perfect to mount a bit of a recovery, and maybe a flanking attack. “Cover me!” He transferred his focus of the last two blades from his forearms to his feet, and used the last of his might to propel himself in the general direction of the alley. Unluckily, the blades winked out of existence before then, so he was dropped gracefully in projectile motion, rolling on the ground. “Dammit!”

“Then I guess it's my turn! Let's end this!” Miri drew back another arrow and twisted her wrist to the rightt, changing the arrow's colour to forest green, and fired a green lancing shot that exploded upon impact.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Erin suppresses a growl at the impacts, gritting her teeth as she drops down to the pavement and steadies her aim at the last assassin's head with both hands. She pauses, gets her footing, and sights along the top of the pulse pistol as best as possible despite the lack of any atop the weapon, dialling the weapon back to full energy and flicking the safety down again (whereas up would have disabled it) with her thumb. The pistol beeps, a pair of blades deploying from either side of the barrel.

Let's see what this baby can do in overcharge.. Erin mutters, grins and holds down the trigger, the blades rippling almost organically as they gradually grow redder and redder, the pistol starting to hum ominously. After a few more moments waiting for the others to weaken the assassin, the humming growing louder, she releases the trigger and staggers back from the recoil as a bright red bolt of energy is released, the blades snapping back into their housings.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Garion was in his element. Even without a battlemeld that provided near omnipresence, his heavily trained mind still worked at a blindingly fast rate to process all the data that his senses provided him. Before, with three times the amount of volley firepower being thrown upon the group, Garion couldn't deflect enough bullets to prevent the injury of his comrades. But now, with only one source of fire, things were much easier. Shot after shot would be deflected into the ground or nearby buildings. Straight on, the high-velocity super-heated incredibly dense stone shells would pierce right through the thin metal garbage cans that were Garion's only source blockades. But when placed at an angle, they could deflect the shot enough to send it whistling out of harms way.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Miri notching a deep forest green arrow of immense energy, and the loud whine of a blaster behind him told Garion enough that the next attack would be the finishing blow. He threw up a couple lids in front of the remaining monster's gun arm before withdrawing all tendrils of telekinesis, preparing for a single combined power attack. As both weapons' bolts were loosed, Miri's force bow and Erin's blaster, Garion drove a wedge of energy into the monster's chest, attempting to break open a crack. If all went according to plan, he would be able to create a hole wide enough for his allies' weapons to bypass the hard exterior and pierce the heart of the monster...
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Even though two of the beings had fallen already, Alex couldn't help being worried about the third one. The third one, who'd brought his blade to bear and was getting quite close. From the corner of his eye, he could see quite some activity from the rest of the group. They don't seem to be going for close-combat... I won't but myself in the way here.

He jumps back gracefully, keeping his eyes on target. "Let's try a little upgrade then, shall we?" he whispers to himself. Again, he swings his arm forward. Just before releasing the wave, he swings his other arm out as well, adding to the power of the first and creating a significantly larger wave, a loud "Double Reppuken!" resonating through the street. Holding his breath, he watches it travel, hoping it'd strike...
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Scott sank down against the cover as if he had melted and become fluid.
"Well shit, now I feel useless..."

He slowly became aware of the fact that his heart was beating ridiculously hard.
In fact, so hard that he could hear the blood gushing past his ears and see his chest vibrate from every beat.
Come to think of it, a heartbeat wasn't something that usually made itself known in a dream, at least not from his knowlege, and adding to that the scrape on his arm was starting to make itself known.

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Svard groaned and opened his eyes. He had fainted after the pole fell on him.

The first thing to cross his mind was the word "Shit."

There was one creature still lumbering around, but Svard was still concerned. Fighting was not his forte. He glanced around, and struggled to escape, only to find himself even more stuck. His thighs were pinned solidly to the ground. He glanced around, looking for his steak knife. It's the only way I'm going to get out, he thought. He braced himself before fainting again, dropping the knife right next to him.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

The large mechanical/stone construct ceased firing once it realise that its hailstorm of shells was being easily deflected by Garion's well placed interceptors. It watched as Daniel darted for cover in an alley, stumbling and falling in the process, before turning its glowing gaze to Miri. Extending its glowing blade it took a step forward, deflecting the green force arrow aside with a swipe of its own red-glowing blade, sending it smashing into a nearby apartment building, the lower floor of which exploded gloriously.

It had no way of defending against Garion's attack, though, its heavily armored chest beginning to crack and split open, revealing a weak point in the armour, mechanics sparking beneath.

Svard's unconscious form went unnoticed and unharmed, as Alex and Erin unleashed their attacks simultaneously. The super-charged shot from Erin's pulse pistol easily outpaced Alex's own attack, striking directly in the crack left by Garion's telekinetic meddling, causing the roboting monster to stumble back, stone-like armor platting shattering and falling off, although it appeared to remain functional.

The double-reppuken released by Alex flew harmlessly past it as it suddenly demonstrated an until now unseen agility, leaping high into the air and disappearing - or at least seeming to - it moves with incredible speed towards Miri, coming to a standstil less than a yard in front of her, "Primary threat located. Proceeding erasure." It said in a dull, mechanical tone as it swung its powerful, glowing red blade at Miri, it clearly being both magical and technological in nature.

Rose, meanwhile, looks at Scott, huddling in closer with him behind their cover, offering him a concerned look, "Are you okay? You're flushed... this must be really overwhelming for you, huh?" He mumbles, summoning a new glowing white sword into his free hand, his other hand resting on top of Scott's, "Don't worry, you're safe here with me." He said, too distracted comforting him to actually offer up any attack against the sole remaining creature.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Erin twirls her pistol and switches it to standard mode, steadying herself and once again taking aim, looking straight down the breach in the assassin's armour. Aim true, strike hard she mutters to herself, pulling the trigger and letting off a single orange-hued shot.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Miri gasped once as her bow bloody reflected! straight off the sword strike. How was that possible!? “I guess, at that range--!!” She gasped again as the monster rushed too bloody quick!ly at her, holding up her arms and focusing all her might (and, consequently, three force blades) on trying not to get cut in half. “Ah, help!”

Can I do it...? For a split second, Daniel closed his eyes and tried to focus on how much longer until he could resummon his last two swords. Oh, splendid. A bit too long. Oh bloody well. “You got it!” He clapped his hands together, then drew them apart, summoning his last capable force blade hovering between his palms in the shape of a spear. “Telekinesis guy, could you give Miri a hand with her block? I'm going for it!” Daniel stepped out, javelin raised, yelled out “O DIVINE SPEAR, RUN MY ENEMY THROUGH! HOLY LANCE!” for additional (non)effect, and pushed forward with his right palm, tossing the force javelin with all his might at the open chest on the assassin stone golem.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Garion, with thousands of battles of experience, learned never to be surprised. What just happened, though, came very close to doing just that. In mere seconds, the clumsy mass of rock spewing out shells turned into a vicious fiend from the demonic plane. Or, at least that’s what the supersonic blur appeared to be at first glance. It head straight for Miri, blade slashing downwards in a skull cleaving arc. Not on my watch, fucker. Mere seconds before a decapitating blow could land its mark, Garion pushed with everything he could, five times human strength slamming Miri out of the way, the energy applied evenly throughout her body so as to avoid the least amount of damage as possible.

Somewhere from behind the beast he heard someone shout, “Telekinesis guy, could you give Miri a hand with her block? I'm going for it!” Wait, block? Whoops.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Svard awoke again, and this time with an EPIPHANY.

He could LIFT THE POLE UP.

He wouldn't even have to cut his legs off!

He, with grim determination, lifted the pole up a couple of inches, and shoved it off over his head, only bruising himself twice.

He picked up the knife.

It's time for round two, you bastard, he thought, and charged out at the monster, steak knife in hand, only to trip over some debris and thoroughly knock himself out again.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

"N- nah I'm fine. Well, mostly anyway..."
Scott tried really hard to not look at Rose or notice the warmth of his hand.
Shit shit shit she's way too close

"I think I'll check how they're doing out there"
He quickly moved away from Rose and looked around the corner of their cover to grasp the situation.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Garion's defense for Miri was reasonably effective. Its sword had just impacted with her shields and were about to break through her defense as she was telekinetically shoved aside, sent falling into a pile of trashcans, slightly bruised by the experience but otherwise unharmed.

The rest of the matter was fairly simple. Erin's shot slammed into the robotic assassin's torso, frying electronics and causing it to stumble backwards, its chest smoking, though it remained standing, attempting to step forward only to be skewered on Dan's force lance, pausing in mid-stride and collapsing, its chest smoking, the glow in its eyes fading.

Svard remained unconscious.

Rose gave Scott a concerned look, before moving around to peek out with him, their faces almost uncomfortably close to each other, "Hm. Looks like they took care of it... and it looks like we have another visitor."

He gestured to the sky, a rift forming similar to the one that had dropped off Erin, coming down to the ground and revealing the unconscious but waking form of Kaen Johnson in full battlearmour.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Kaen Johnson was sleeping better than he had in months. His squad hadn't been massacred at all. They were perfectly fine and having a glorious luncheon with the garrison commander. He had not been shot, had not killed anyone, and his mind was in perfect working order. Then he woke up. Or rather, he opened his eyes blearily, saw the world, and decided that lunch was better.

“Pass the potatoes please.” he mumbled. “Yes, I think it's quite nice. You certainly have a lovely style. I could never have done so much in such a short time.”

He seemed to briefly recognize the world again for a few seconds, most of which were spent staring at Rose, followed by “Alia? Why are you here? You're supposed to be with your mother, picking...... Yes, I'm coming, Commander, I just have to get a new steak knife.”

He half-flapped his arm in Svard's general direction. “Could someone bring me a new steak knife? Mine seems to be.... a little..... rusty.....”

After this he rolled over onto his other side and started to snore, occasionally asking for carrots and sumja.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Before his eyes, the creature was shot, shot again, and stabbed. Looking at its remains on the ground, he felt slightly useless. His attacks had done nothing but distract it. Don't I feel all important now...

Alex returned to the rest of the group. He saw the rockstar -Scott, I think his name was- and Rose sitting together, staring at... something peculiar.

Another man had fallen from the sky. He was apparently a soldier of sorts, fully armed and armoured, and asleep. He was asleep. Son of a...
His first instinct was to wake him up, but then again, it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.

He sat down on the sidewalk a few feet away from one of the creatures, pulling his mp3 out and fiddling around with it.

Summer don't know me no more,
eager man,
that's all
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]