Weapon/Module Idea Thread

Archive of old Custom Edition threads.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Weapon/Module Idea Thread

Post by Arcalane »

Use this as a dump for all your cool/awesome/insane/retarded weapon/module ideas kthxbai.
Last edited by Arcalane on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

well, 2 things:

firstly, it would be nice to have a sprite for the more commonly used turret combos (mega tachyon with railguns, etc.)

as well, I would personally like to see a "marker" gun, which causes shots to do extra damage to a section that it hits.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Swamp Fox wrote:Also, I remembered the weapon I wanted. Basically, it would be a missile that would split into more, smaller missiles. The 'child' missiles would then be able to track their targets and act like a normal missile would.

Aaaand I just thought of another little thing. I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but here goes.
Assume you have a missile tracking its target. Halfway there the target gets destroyed. Currently the missile would then stop tracking and start flying on a straight line to anywhere. I would like it if the missile would instead acquire a new target.
Already in normal suggestion thread, but I figure it might actually get have a chance of being implemented here.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

This is for weapon and module functionality IDEAS. All ideas. You never know what might be possible.

It would be really appreciated if someone could gather all weapon/module ideas from the official BSF/BSF2 suggestion threads and put them here.
Last edited by Kaelis on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

A huge spike that extends from the turret and basically rams whatever's in front for massive damage.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

I'll try to work on that. Expect me to update this somewhat frequently:

from BSF suggestion thread:

mines
Lightning bolt gun
a gun that "infects" turrets, causing them to attack allies for a period.
a gun which can ONLY be manually aimed/ fired.
shockwave- pushes away and damages all nearby ships
anti-demeter demeters
a curving beam
weapons that only "turn on" when sections are destroyed
2 weapons which fire "wires," deals damage if 1 wire from each gun gets attached.
grapple gun
warheads that split up in flight. (can somewhat approximate using a modded pulsar, but...)
different types of demeters( ones armed with, for example, a beam)
black holes
missile-pd (similar to flak perhaps, launches missiles to intercept shots)
deflectors that only target one section
a weapon that continually takes away a small bit of health from all sections in an opposing ship
a weapon that, after hitting a section, continually leaches its health away.
Last edited by lightstriker on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

on ship rosharch deflector
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

An invisible weapon that causes invisible damage around itself in an adjustable radius and direction, for ramming ships.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Ummmmmm, sorry 'bout this folks, but I was requested to dump this here. It's a compilation of all weapon ideas from the old BSF suggestion thread, which can be found here

Note: None of these ideas are mine. I did not think of any them.

Eh, the linebreaks didn't carry over, but I really can't be arsed ta fix it.

EDIT: Actually, I'm feeling nice, so here's the list, with all the formatting preserved. Well, what formatting there is, anyway.
Random People wrote:* Splitting Missiles
* Flux Beam Weapon Effect (see above)
* Electrical/Lightning Bolt style weapon
* Ships/stations launching other ships/KKWs
* Mines
* Multi-gun Turrets
- More types of mass drivers.
- Another PD beam with longer range.
- An infection weapon that causes enemy turrets to attack enemies.
- A weapon that spreads damage not through splash damage in a sphere but to whatever section it hits and the sections connected to that section. It would do half as much damage to each successive section, in particular the main section.
"- A powerful weapons module- basically, a turret you can aim."
Expand further, and have the option to let the AI do the flying, and you manually aim the firepower
-Smartbomb weaponry - a module that inflicts damage to surrounding ships in a given radius, possibly forcing them away from the firer as the blastwave hits them
-EMP weaponry- to disable enemy ships, leaving them dead in the water and an easy target. Does the same as the stun effect that occurs when a ship takes critical damage
A 'concusion wave launcher' module. No damage but gives a mighty shove on enemy ships and forces them away.
Largeish, hard to destroy, rather slow missile with slight homing capability that explodes with a blinding flash and shock wave (exactly like a battleship Core explosion, just bluish tinged and can be much bigger) and does instant damage to _everything_ with a line of sight to the initiation, which decreases at the square of the distance from the detonation, just like nukes in real life. Affects smaller components and modules more than larger ones to simulate lesser heat-rejection; range adjustment affects the yield/blast size (and therefore damage and distance falloff) exactly like Plasma Charges. Fuze Mode can be toggled to initiate upon hull impact or after HP of missile reaches 50% due to interceptor fire. Interceptor fire weakens the blast yield scaled to the HP, and nuclear missiles can be targeted by any weapon in the game just like a regular ship.
A cannon weapon that fires a fast-moving uninterceptible bullet that blows up on hit and damages several sections.
A laser-head missile that's a normal weapon.
A laser weapon that shoots a beam which curves somehow.
5) Ion blaster with small scale EMP effect.
6) BIGASS Thermonuclear missile, perhaps one-shot per mission, mountable on Battleships and upwards only. BIG Area effect damage, slow speed, high HP, drains power of all other weapons on launcher ship when fired.
7) Salvo guns similar to flak batteries capable of constrant stream of low damage offensive firepower (Like the guns in New Battlestar Galactica)
8) Projectiles with small explosive effect, better against modules/weapons than sections.
- A ceremonial sword that shoots bees.
still want a cannon with some circular explosion with circular section penetration.
Oh, and an electric arc-type weapon
I want swarm missile launchers, like MIRVs, one missile that splits into 6 when PD'd!
I was thinking a gun that shoots high-velocity bolts that explode on contact; almost as fast as a Railgun shot but no Railgun-damage mechanics.
Oh, and honest-to-God TURBOLASERS as exactly depicted in Star Wars.
A weapon that nudges particles, lasers and battleships out of the way when it fires - like a corridor opener.
Missiles that in flight separate into a number of warheads, maybe unguided, maybe not. While I'm at it, a mine dropper special would be kinda cool. Drops a set of static mines that time out after a while, like the platforms built by the platform fabricator does.
Mini-beam armed Demeter drones might be fun, too, though I'm not sure how good that would be for my PC.
Anti-missile missile? WIN!!!
An offensive beam weapon with an ultra-short duration, i.e. pulsed.
I still think some space Mines would be cool.
Similarly, a Warning Forever / Spartan Laser from Halo 3-style beam. Charges, fires for a second, then unleashes mega-pain.
Homing Laser
I want a minelaying module, though. That would be fun.
Spreader (Einhander) - its basically a shotgun
Hedgehog (Einhander) - It shots a grenade/flare that explodes into a field of energy, and anything that flies into it gets damage.
Split grenade - shots a projectile that after a certain distance it explodes and spits out smaller projectiles in all directions.
Cannon Ball: fires a large ball of energy that looks like a cannon ball (duh!)
Flares, that draw the attention of PD. Fire them towards a ship, and the PD track it as a higher-priority target. Might curb PD whores without making PD useless.
More wishlist: Tyrian style multi-cannon. Fires multiple projectiles simultaneously with preset angle variance between them? Perhaps a third variant of the venerable blaster?
I want an Einhander/Contra-style Spreader Shotgun then
Why not make a Frosch Gun use a targetting laser first, for say, 1 second.
I want grenade launchers.
Reading idea about lightning i tough that it is something like a beamer. But why not to make a chain-lighting. It’s a weapon that hits the section like a beam makes very small damage and jumps to all sibling and parent section. And so for like 3-4 jumps. If it hits the section protected by diflector then it is stopped.
.Speaking of repeaters, how about a repeater beam weapon?
Biotech weapons/Biotech components/Biotech Hull sections
a superwide beam
Uninterceptable Tellers. Lower damage if neccessary.
A new cannon weapon that fires a fast-moving hard-intercept projectile(think railgun) that explodes on impact and damages objects in a circular pattern around the explosion.
An electric arc looking weapon, that damages the target section, it's one(random) child and it's parent, regardless of their location, and even if the originally hit section is under a deflector. Yeah, that would be awesomely cool.
A new weapon turret...a two (or three) barreled big gun that basicly acts like a gun on WW2 battleships - fires a straight salvo of 2-3 shots (each from it's own barrel) at long range. Powerful (maby a small AOE) but but takes a while to reload.
That, and a new weapon, a Pulse Laser. Something like a Repeater, but fires simple energy bolts, three at a time, ten times, for 5 seconds or so.
Homing missiles!
And a holy hand grenade.
How about a railgun like weapon that explodes on the second ship section it hits, basicaly think like a railgun-plasma combination.
Spread fire weapon which charges up when shooting. Shoots 1 wave of projectiles per 3 seconds in default. At first it's charge is 0%, after each firing, it gets charge up by 10% (when it doesn't have anything to shoot for 5 seconds, it's charge starts to go down 2% per second).
In addition damaging a section, this projectile damages modules linked to the section being hit. That way it can gradually destroy boosters, deflectors (although if the section is deflected, it only damages deflector and not the deflected section) and nanomatrices. It can even wear the health of ageis deflectors down to 50%, but not lower.
While were at it, how about a weapon with 1 frame reload time, that's a hard to intercept homing lancet projectile that goes through shields? That will make ship battles REALLY exciting...
I just really want a module that will take out defletors by hitting the protected section. Or at least set their power to 0 so they have to reload. Maybe something like that should happed when a ship gets hull shock? All the aegis deflecotrs lose power and have to refill until full to start up again.
1) Blast radius scalable missiles
Perhaps some form of flamethrower-type weapon. Everything is made better with the addition of large amounts of fire and death.
Ion cloud sprayers.
I want a missile that launches a bunch of flak at the target ship when it gets close.
I want a specific weapon to fire as the ship is destroyed, or a similar effect that warps the offending ship out of existence. It would be useful for my Jumpgate.
I was thinking the same thing Excpet make it so any weapon can only fire right as a part of a ship or a whole ship is destroyed.
Tactical nukes.
I would like to see the PD Laser have an offensive mode or failing that, a look-a-like with an offensive mode.
Boarding Pod Launcher: A turret which basically sends out pods at enemy ships. The idea is that a pod that has hit an enemy hull will continue damaging it over a period of time.
Some kind of boarding pod turret which sends boarding pods that disrupt one section of a ship for a period depending on said ship's HP count.
I want a beam weapon that looks like a line of frosches, so its like a lightning gun. (does not have the EMP effect of a frosch)
-plasma/flamethrower weapon
Weapon that need to slowly charge, then fires it's mega-ultra-beam-projectile?
Weapons like on Fraxy...the homing laser, sonic wave, burner...
Beams that get Progressively bigger or smaller once fired. Perhaps some type of damage ratio attached to this if possible. You can call it the Progression Beamer or something.
Also, ballistic weapons (besides missiles) would be cool, with energy and ballistic weapons having different advantages and disadvantages.
Flame Throwers
a Artillery weapon. for broadsides. Massive artillery turret. (like the flak gun but much bigger and more detailed and different that attacks ships.)
It may sounds stupid, but I'd like to see torpedoes that act like missiles from fighter jets. i.e. they drift out sideways, then engage their engines and rush forwards. It'd look pretty cool.
Telsa Gun. Shoots a bolt of electricty that can travel through parts. has a small stun and damage but does more damage to shielding and drains power of ultilitys.
Freeze Ray. A laser that freeze parts. making them unable to turn or function. has a 50-50 chance to make weapons unable to fire. No damage but damages alittle on defrost. If shot by certain weapons it defrosts and gives a little extra damage ontop of the shot.
Intercepter Missile. Can intercept all non energy/laser shots in one shot. Good to rid yourself of ever so chasing missiles.
Emp Missile. A missile packed with a emp generater to be used when missile hits the enemy ship.
Kickback Missile. A missile that sends a small shockwave when it impacts the enemy ship. Throwing the enemy ship away.
Firewave Missile. A missile that is packs with oil and a detonator. When it impacks. it explodes in a somewhat firey explosion.
Scatter Missile. A missile that detonates early and shoots out low damage bullets.
-a weapon similar to the Demeter launcher that instead of launching a Demeter drone loads in a .shp file right there with the initial velocity specified by the gun. essentially an easy (in my mind at least) way to implement carriers and fighters. I made a ship with 3 sections and one weapon that would work great.
-a localized EMP weapon that would disable the deflector, aegis of one section. probably deployed in a missile, and easily interpretable, but would give a way around aegis shields on a more maneuverable ship.
-time dilation wep. this one is straight off of Stargate. the module or whatever would fire a device that upon reaching the position would slow time (progression of frames) in the area around it.
My idea: Fighter/bomber bays. Fighters act like drones, except they're tougher and can act like point defenses (IE intercepting torpedoes). Bombers are slower, but launch missiles that do a more significant amount of damage. Both would return to their bays for rearm/repair.
Customisable Platform Deployers, platform deployers where you can set the schematic of the thing it creates, so you can make carriers that literally carry smaller ships.
- A laser you can change the shape of(think about it, pac-lasers with eyes, huge spear-shaped lasers - The possibilities are nearly limitless)
-Realistic Frosch guns- They should disable impeders/aegis
A some sort of a distrubter module/weapon that when fired would effect weapons and modules of certain area of hit lowering their damage / range / fire rate/ other with negative effects for short while and/or effect the ships movabilities aswell for a certain set amount of time.
a tactical weapon capable of short range FTL jumps, like o, say, past all the point defense and aegis. I want an FTL torpedo now
When it comes to weapons would it be possible to have a Macross style beam weapon that shoots out from the sides and bends to converge on a target (Something like a Sidewinder but with a sudden 90 degree arc) ?
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Here's an idea. I know many people don't like the current thruster style . . . so how about, instead of making funky puffs of cloud every few frames, thrusters create a jet of thrust? When the ship is accelerating in the direction that the thruster points, it creates a jet, proportionally, possibly on a sine curve, to how close the thruster's direction is to that of acceleration. So think Fraxy-style thrusters, for those of you who've played it.

Degrees of difference between acceleration and thruster:
0 degrees --> 100% of thrust
30 degrees -> 87% thrust
60 degrees -> 50% thrust
90 degrees -> 0% thrust

Or something like that. Or was that about as clear as mud? I can write the code.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

That would actually be pretty awesome, especially for maneuvering thrusters and such. If you can pull it off I'd love to see it added. :)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

Sure, but can you keep the current Thruster style too? Call it something else, like vent or so :3 I'm... planning things with it >:3
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Customisable Platform Deployers, platform deployers where you can set the schematic of the thing it creates, so you can make carriers that literally carry smaller ships.
I want this one badly...
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Grath
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grath »

As long as we're talking about Fraxy with the thrusters (which would be FUCKING AWESOME WIN, by the way)
I suggest weapons similar to Fraxy's flamethrower and sword.
Shogoll
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Shogoll »

Omni-booster for increasing range, damage, burst, etc etc.