The Sigma Project [IC]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

"Not much. I just somehow survived jumping out of the starship's window! Don't judge me! I was extremely tired while chuting. Well, at least we have a bunch of metal, now!

(OOC: READ: Don't kill me off, pleeeeeease!)
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Boris strode over to the equipment lockers silently. He grabbed a first aid kit and some other gear (namely some climbing equipment and a tent). Snerking at the selection of handguns, he selected a trusty-looking Magnum (which he found out to be capable of connecting with his retinal display when electronically scoped in). Arms full of gear, he unceremoniously dumped the stuff into a rucksack.

"Damn it, why no sniper rifles? I should have brought one along for the trip," he muttered under his breath. "Now for some more stuff..."

Boris walked back to his locker and grabbed 5 days' worth of rations, along with 12 magazines of .38 caliber cartridges, stuffing it in his pack. He also retrieved one of his lolplasmas (he had this funny feeling it would somehow come in handy, no matter how foreign that weapon sometimes felt), and that nanomolecular combat knife. Holstering his weapons, Boris looked at the secured case with the Stradivarius.

"Hell, that better not be stolen," he said. Taking out the bulky hell of a parachute, he slammed the locker shut hard enough to rattle his own ears rather badly, before putting on that ridiculously glaring orange piece of crap around him in the proper position, suddenly remembering his old military training in Russia. All the friends, the good relationships they built, all those competitions...and of course, he couldn't forget his career as a concert violinist.

He felt a sudden pang of sadness and regret.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

EDIT: Complete idiot, am I
Last edited by Skull13 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

reaching into his own equipment locker, Charles dons his down coat for his journy to the planets surface. he checks to make sure he still has all of his pencils and paper, then grabs his ripping knife and pistol. looking around at everyone else, he walks over to the parachutes, and selected one of the biggest ones he could. he soon realized his mistake, when he tried to test it while still in the ship. he hastilly stuffed it again, and got out a smaller one.

getting ready to jump out, he then remembered to put on a helmet so he could breath. leaping into the air lock, Charles then waits for everyone else. he then starts to mull over why his vision is so fuzzy. he sits down, trying to shake out the cyro-sickness.

"could someone help me find the button to get out of here?"
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Felicie woke herself from a little nap she had taken while still in the commander's chair. They were about halfway through the descent, and so far everything seemed fine. They were about to enter the planet's ionosphere, so she had to keep special watch over all of the ship's functions.

She looked longingly at the clouds down closer to the planet.

"The clouds, they so remind me of Earth..."

She began reliving simple moments in her early life - the first time she boarded an airplane. The first time she was outside during a storm. That time she...

A small warning flashed across the screen; a sudden EMP. The ship's equipment and NOAH's hard drives were stored behind heavy electronic shielding, but NOAH's RAM was somewhat more vulnerable: It was deemed since RAM is not necessary for the long-term function of NOAH and electronic disturbances would not permanently damage it, it was better to save cost and time to not have it as heavily shielded. There was a chance that she would have to reboot part of the RAM. She scanned across the list of numbers and values that flashed by her eyes - no anomalies. Once they had reached about the level of the cloud tops, they would be able to descend like a normal plane would, preparing to hit the runway of an airport...

Felcie once again began daydreaming...

[OOC: Just a note. This RP will have logical elements. If you bring 3 days of rations, you will have 3 days of rations. If you read carefully, I said there would be 7 days' worth of rations for each person. With me coming back in 5 days. I will let this offense slide by those who committed it and not kill you off from starvation, but only this time.]
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

(I believe DT's reasoning was that someone will inevitably kick the bucket, and he could have theirs.)
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Ivan ran for the equipment lockers, adrenaline rushing through his body. "Jumping, jumping, jumping! Yeah!" He pulled the door open and glanced over all the things.

"Food... food, food... ah, food." He grabbed about 7 days' worth of rations and tossed them into a random pack. Turning back to the locker, he started looking for the more interesting stuff. He'd want something to blow up. Sadly enough, all he found were a few grenades.
"Aww. They should be a bit more stocked up. Ah well." Taking the grenades and placing them in the pack, he started looking for a lighter. After all, fire would probably be useful for survival, and he could always make some rudimentary explosives himself. He found a zippo lying at the bottom, and pocketed it. Um... just in case a bear tries to eat me or something... he looked through the choice of handguns. After much thought, he grabbed a silver-coloured revolver. He took the revolver, and about 24 extra rounds for it, and stuffed them along with the rest in his pack.

He grabbed a little tent, a parachute and his pack, strapped himself in and walked over to the hatch, a big smile on his face. His voice resonated slightly as he pulled his helmet over his head.
"Well, here goes! Wanna wish me luck?"
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

Joseph stared at the strange kid. "Good luck..." he said as nonchalantly as he could. Joseph then turned around to retrieve his parachute. He had only been parachuting once, and that was a long time ago. he then opened his bag and checked his rations. 7 days worth... Not as much as he would like to have, but if he must, than he must. Joseph closed the bag, Suited up, and turned around. that strange kid was still standing there. Well, he thought, I might as well introduce myself. "Hi," Joseph said, "I'm Joseph Is this your first time skydiving?"
Last edited by JaffaJoke91 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need... More... COOKIES!
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

Eric stopped whittling, and looked at what he brought in his bag. He had just taken the contents of the locker down, without looking. He found 7 days worth of food, and two canteens, full. He also found his toolkit, which he had thankfully remembered to bring. And a tranquilizer gun, with 30 darts. He didn't want to live with the thought of killing something. But could there really be someone else around here, besides us? He put the gun on a holster that he had, and the darts in a small pouch on it. He also had a small sleeping bag, and a pillow. He put the rations back. Thank god, they don't need to be cooked! he thought, and he put away his tools. Then he sat down, and waited.

Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

:lol:. Normandy, I feel terribly, terribly sorry for you.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

suddenly remembering, Charles looks up, and murmers, "food... how could i forget food?" stepping out of the airlock, he then packs into his pockets 3 rations packets and a few energy bars he found in the very back of his locker. then he took out the energy bars and put them back, realizing that because they were in the very back, they must have been leftovers from while the scientists were building the ship, and VERY green by now.

"man, why are these packets so heavy?"

looking around and trying to think straight, he adds, "well, i hope i won't be down there long... this will only last three days, so either we should find food down there, or i'm coming back up soon!"

"now, since i'm feeling better now, which button gets me out of here...?" he mused over the buttons in the airlock again.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Ken was still watching from the window. Some idiot was playing with a lighter, obviously not very bright, while a crowd was gathering around the hatch. The captain . . . the damn captain was asleep. Nice. Not to mention that nearly everyone here seemed to be intending to parachute down to a foreign planet carrying the ship's entire arsenal, and his lens was blinking like mad over all the explosives until he turned it off.

He carefully loaded his pistol and slipped it into his belt. Then he adjusted his straps, pocketed the book, flipped his helmet, and settled back into his seat for any rough entry into the atmosphere.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

[OOC: derekiv is kicked for not responding in 24 hours without making any previous arrangements with me for away-ness. Skull13 pulled out. Empty is injured for... not exactly RPing]

Eric Benhurst lay on one of the spare beds of the cryogenics bay. Not even three hours and he seriously injured himself. Felicie sighed as she walked out of the room and began the freezing process.

"We should euthanize him for being so stupid, but we can't spare any people..."

Felicie opened up a two-way comm to the party, now waiting in the equipment bay.

"We are beginning our descent below the cloud level. Prepare to exit the craft. I hope you all know how to parachute. If you don't, it's really simple. Just wait until your altimeter beeps, then press the 'release' button on it. If that doesn't work, try the emergency cord. If all else fails, brace for impact. It won't be that far of a distance you are jumping - you may just walk away with only a broken limb."

She quickly put together a sheet of data and sent it to each of the members of the party.

"On this sheet I have sent you is all of the data you saw yesterday, as well as a list of your objectives. First and foremost, you have to explore this planet. But not just explore, like Dora the Explorer or something. You have to search every crevice, every corner that you land in. Search the area for signs of possible natural resources. Take data - the temperature, the wind, the general geography of the area. You will basically be working as geophysicists, biochemists, and cartographers all in one. I know you all are probably trigger-happy right now, but NOAH has detected no signs of life or any other complex molecules even resembling life anywhere besides the deep ocean. The very deep ocean."

She paused for a moment then made a loud feedback noise through the comm. The crew flinched in response.

"You must find a proper landing spot for this ship within 5 days. That is where I shall land to pick you up. We are approaching our drop height now, prepare to jump on my command."

With that, Felicie shut off the comm and opened up a video feed from the outside of the ship. She could see the ground below - it looked like the pictures she had seen of Mars. Rocky, with a slightly reddish tinge. She watched as the altitude meter dropped on her screen. Finally, they reached their drop height. She flipped the airlock switch, closing it off from the inside and opening it up to the outside. She activated the comm system once more.

"Jump."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first one out of the hatch was James Falconson. Followed shortly after by Brett Kelton. But suddenly, a large downdraft blew Brett into James, stunning them both. The crew watched helplessly as they hit the ground traveling at full speed...
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

Joseph sealed his helmet and jumped, watching as those before and after spiraled down to the planet. As the sensor on his suit beeped, Joseph activated his parachute and began his descent to the surface of the planet.
Need... More... COOKIES!
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

[OOC notice: This post does not have to be in any order with the other jump posts.]

Ken stood at the edge of the shuttle door. His toes were over the edge, and he leaned forward out into the wind. When his body was almost horizontal, he kicked out and into the air, away from the craft. A few moments of spin, then he was stable in free fall. A white burst of low-hanging cloud engulfed him, and he could barely see the altimeter in front of his face. Then the white disappeared, and the red ground was threatening to engulf him instead. A short beep in his helmet. He slapped the button on his chest strap, and his body was forcibly grabbed by the parachute and pulled back from the planet below. Four seconds more, and his feet were on the ground. He kicked sideways again and rolled over to take the impact on his backpack, then sat up. It was almost nothing like the mountains he had parachuted down in Switzerland, despite the hard rock beneath his feet. The dust on the ground was almost powdery, like beach sand, and slipped easily through his fingers. Strange. Very strange.

Others were falling from the sky. Some hit straight on their feet, those would be the first-time jumpers. Parachutes were on the ground everywhere, and people were beginning to stand up and take a look around.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]