I have a proposal.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Should i make a Battleships forever 2?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Yes
No votes
No
100%
Why would you bother?
No votes

Total votes: 2

Iamdeadmeat
Ensign
Ensign

I have a proposal.

Post by Iamdeadmeat »

I have been following this game very closly for the pasty year and a half or so, and i have really enjoyed this game alot. But it has come to my attention that th15 has stopped work on Battleships Forever since the past 2-3 months or so...

I am very disapointed in this, as this was one of my favorite free games back then. But i have an idea.

I am a grade 10 student with ALOT of time on my hands, and decent knowlage of the Game Maker coding language, and i am even able to do multiplayer codeing.

What i am proposing is one of 2 things:

1. th15 sends me the current source code of Battleships Forever and i continue work on it (which will probly not happen :D)

2. I start work on Battleships Forever 2, which i would work on during most of my spare time.

I understand if yous say no, but i am aware that 1000's, mabey 10000's of people love this game, but are dissapointed that there are no more updates out yet, and probly won't ever come out again.

I even have some freinds at school who would be able to code with me, and i would even let some of you guys input ideas and help me code.

Sorry if i sound to formal peoples, and i do understand if yous say no, but what have you guys got to lose?
Paper bags... built to last a thousand years...
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: I have a proposal.

Post by Anna »

Iamdeadmeat wrote:I have been following this game very closly for the pasty year and a half or so, and i have really enjoyed this game alot. But it has come to my attention that th15 has stopped work on Battleships Forever since the past 2-3 months or so...

I am very disapointed in this, as this was one of my favorite free games back then. But i have an idea.

I am a grade 10 student with ALOT of time on my hands, and decent knowlage of the Game Maker coding language, and i am even able to do multiplayer codeing.

What i am proposing is one of 2 things:

1. th15 sends me the current source code of Battleships Forever and i continue work on it (which will probly not happen :D)

2. I start work on Battleships Forever 2, which i would work on during most of my spare time.

I understand if yous say no, but i am aware that 1000's, mabey 10000's of people love this game, but are dissapointed that there are no more updates out yet, and probly won't ever come out again.

I even have some freinds at school who would be able to code with me, and i would even let some of you guys input ideas and help me code.

Sorry if i sound to formal peoples, and i do understand if yous say no, but what have you guys got to lose?
Your name is apt. Nevermind the fact that th15 is the only one who can make this decision, there's no way I would approve of th15 handing over his source-code and the rights to his intellectual property to anyone, nevermind a barely-literate noob with an ego.

Battleships Forever is now in the hands of th15 and the company Mikoishi, and BSF2 is in pre-production. :roll: I'm sure anything you could do would pale in comparison.

I encourage you to stay on this forum and for the love of god learn how to use proper punctuation and grammar. But no. This will never, ever happen. There are people here who could do the same thing, but with more skill.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Iamdeadmeat
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Iamdeadmeat »

Oops... sorry but i dident see that :oops:
I don't really come here often and when i do i just check for updates.
Well, Mabey could th15 give me the source code (Which i would NOT share with the general public) and do some bug fixes, and mabey finish off the last 2 chapters. This probly won't happen, but im just asking :D.
Iamdeadmeat
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Iamdeadmeat »

Ok, Anna, i understand that you do not have control over Battleships Forever, but i did not ask for any rights or anything, just to land a helping hand, and i dident even want anything in return, not even a thinkyou in the bottem of the changelog.. Second of all, whats the hurt in asking? To me, you sound like your trying to say im some 2 year old from some backwater town with no idea on how to do anything in Game Maker. You say that you have more skill, but how would you know when you we have never met publically, at school or anywhere else? My name is not important. There is also no need to get mad or anything, i was just making a proposal. And, also, why should i stay on the forum when i get greeted in such a spiteful way as this?
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

That was oddly serene of Anna.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Iamdeadmeat wrote:Ok, Anna, i understand that you do not have control over Battleships Forever, but i did not ask for any rights or anything, just to land a helping hand,
You asked for the sourcecode of the game, something th15 has never given to anyone, and you asked for permission to make a sequel to BSF.
and i dident even want anything in return, not even a thinkyou in the bottem of the changelog.. Second of all, whats the hurt in asking?
No hurt in asking, I suppose, but why the hell are you asking here? If you want a real answer, you should ask th15. We've all been fans of this game for quite some time, so naturally we'll react with disdain towards some barely literate noob saying "gimme source code plz lol".
To me, you sound like your trying to say im some 2 year old from some backwater town with no idea on how to do anything in Game Maker. You say that you have more skill, but how would you know when you we have never met publically, at school or anywhere else?
That's not what I said at all, but nice attempt at strawmaning me. I said there are other members here that likely have more skill coding or with GameMaker than you. I never implied I was one of them. But let's just say, your apparent intellect does not inspire confidence.
My name is not important. There is also no need to get mad or anything, i was just making a proposal. And, also, why should i stay on the forum when i get greeted in such a spiteful way as this?
I'm not mad. But I find it amusing that you join up this forum, go "lol source code plz", and then are surprised when someone tells you to shove it. Even if th15 was willing to give the sourcecode out to someone to bugfix, I'm sure he and everyone else would rather someone in the community who has contributed something to it, rather than a "PICK ME PICK ME" newbie.

Why should you stay? I don't care if you do. Maybe you could learn a few things, though. Like how to form a coherent sentence.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Someone lock this thread before it turns into another flamefest. :|
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]