Boss Rush!

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ACDI)Anton
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by ACDI)Anton »

Ninteen45 wrote:Take mine out of the comp. My pc decided that the sound card is the devil, and removed it, stopping me from using anything.

Fuck you, Bill Gates.
you too huh?
mine did that when i updated vista.
Alpha Centauri Defense Initiative
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

ACDI)Anton wrote:vista.
I think that BSF has some known issues with Vista.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

not with mine.
Ninteen45
Commander
Commander

Post by Ninteen45 »

I'm using xp. It's just We deleted some really, really needed files for sound.
Edit: found them, no thanks to microsoft's help center.

Editedit:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... /Wasp3.sb3

I've mastered pulling ships out of my ass.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

This is the one you've probably all been waiting for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imT4jrljKLU

Lloyd doesn't appear to be around to fix his ship for Team Alpha. If he doesn't show up soon, I'll post my revisions of the Firehawk and Fist and you can choose which one to take, I suppose.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Ouch...
We blew off the aegis...the plasma worked there...
But then there was that super-spammy pulsar and tachyon O_O
Tahcyons rape my ship.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Why did you give it retarded DBZ secret power? I didn't see the spewwing pulsar of death earlier.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

That was a very innovative Boss ship you had there. I love it!

It was just a normal ship until we started destroying it, then it was like it woke up and got mad (from about the 3:30 mark onwards).

The boosters that had been targeting the outside glowing pouches redirected themselves as needed which made the weapons go into overdrive as more and more of the outside glowing pouches were destroyed. That was just brilliant!

We turned out to be our own worst enemy as we irritated the NLI Boss ship. One way I can think to beat this ship would be to try to hole it from a single direction only and hopefully destroy as few of the outside pouches as possible while going for the core.
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

hello everyone. had internet trouble, then went on holiday, so have done little since i got back.
looking at my ship, just remove the 2 front most gattling blasters. if anyone has a name i could borrow for my ship, please say, as i still have no idea for one.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Jafo wrote:That was a very innovative Boss ship you had there. I love it!

It was just a normal ship until we started destroying it, then it was like it woke up and got mad (from about the 3:30 mark onwards).

The boosters that had been targeting the outside glowing pouches redirected themselves as needed which made the weapons go into overdrive as more and more of the outside glowing pouches were destroyed. That was just brilliant!

We turned out to be our own worst enemy as we irritated the NLI Boss ship. One way I can think to beat this ship would be to try to hole it from a single direction only and hopefully destroy as few of the outside pouches as possible while going for the core.
What sort of armor did that thing have? We were definitely still pounding it but it just did not die.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Beautifully done boss, but...

Pulsar spam + tachyon spam + driver spam + sidewinder spam + lots of beams = >.<
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

antisocialmunky wrote:What sort of armor did that thing have? We were definitely still pounding it but it just did not die.
Alien Mothership 2 (Endless Infinity's) wrote:Number of sections: 76
Total HP: 56669.27
Number of weapons: 190
Number of modules: 14
Neon Light Illusion wrote:Number of sections: 74
Total HP: 51425.66
Number of weapons: 31
Number of modules: 33
As spammy as the NLI was, it took it 22 minutes to wipe out Team Beta. (With the exception of the Plea For Death, which probably would've taken hours for the NLI to crack open.) What I couldn't show due to YouTube's 10 minute limit was the BoxOGuns spending forever firing its Dusks at the NLI's tail. Apparently it got locked onto that with the Dusk's 950 range making it so that the target lock didn't change, so the shots were either missing or hitting the one Aegised section.

There were some other problems that Team Beta had, however I'm waiting to do ship evaluations at the end. (Including the bosses.)
Lloyd16 wrote:hello everyone. had internet trouble, then went on holiday, so have done little since i got back.
looking at my ship, just remove the 2 front most gattling blasters.
Alrighty.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

:-\

The uber spam thing was kinda nice, though I can't help feeling that we should have done more damage.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOvyx_7EDmE

And with that, Team Beta reaches their conclusion.

Team Alpha shouldn't take as long to get videos done for, I just need to figure out what their formation is.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Meh, I expected that. I think we could have built better ships but alot of people were busy or had to start up school again. I'm glad we didn't whore lancets so yippee.

Oh well, it was fun. You should release the bosses later. :D