Infection - Round 2

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Empty
Captain
Captain

Infection - Round 2

Post by Empty »

Well, last round as most of us know, didn't go so well. That's OK! We'll do better this time. [New thread made because it's easier to keep track of where things are if we start a new thread, the previous one should be locked, if this continues I'd like all completed games to be locked]

Previous Game: One night stand.

If you know how to play mafia then you can play this easy

Okay so everyone playing is trapped on a ship, and we've had an unknown organism infiltrate the ship, it's infected several people, but we have NO IDEA who is Infected. The Infected are incredibly hostile and each night, they each attempt to kill another member of the crew.

These murders are often gruesome, but as a side effect, they often have vague clues involved, if you can piece together the clues using your wits [and special powers, but that's later] you can eject the Infected into space.

Once per GAMEDAY [this is not equal to real time] everyone will vote, this will be a public post in the thread, and at the end of the day [24 hours, or everyone has voted] one person will be ejected into space to die, you will then find out if they were Infected or if you have falsely accused someone and sent them to their death... Ties will result in both being sent to their death, 3 way ties will be dealt with at the time. [Probably a coin flip type thing]

The Infected are not stupid [hopefully], and they know they are outnumbered. So they will try to stay hidden amongst you, deciphering clues incorrectly, spreading dissension amongst the ranks, voting for innocents, they must try their best to kill everyone else on the ship, while remaining unknown themselves to avoid the daily ejection.

After each Gameday's Ejection, it becomes gamenight, all the Infected PM me with their target, they may chat over whom to target at night, they are allowed to converse freely. In fact any player can converse freely about any aspect of the game, however if you are going to ruin the game [revealing fellow Infected is the main nono.] then you will be PERMANENTLY BANNED from all future rounds.

Now you may think the Infected have the advantage, getting to vote, AND murder daily? Wow, that's not fair is it?
Nope, that's why you guys have to rely on your wits, but you have a few trump cards. Each round a few [NOT ALL] players who are not Infected, will be assigned a special role and a special power, they may reveal their own role, but doing so puts them in the sights of the Infected.

To start with, there will be 4 special roles.
All special roles are high priority targets for the Infected, if you are killed with a special role your role will be shown upon the declaration of your death, murder or ejection. You are important, but sometimes a simple unskilled crew member who can put together clues will do more good for the crew. Use your skills wisely.

Captain:
This is not a randomly assigned role, it is voted upon at the start of each round, but only if said round has a captain, for simplicities sake, the first round will NOT have a Captain. The Captain may order a double ejection, in a double ejection the two highest voted are ejected, if there is a tie with EITHER highest vote, [that is, if there are 2 first or 2 second] all 3 will be ejected. Also, the Captain may eject any person he likes when he is first elected, but only when that first time, he can choose not to do so however.

Ship Medic:
The Ship Medic can choose to target one crew member each game night. This crew member will be saved and unscathed if he is targetted by any attack. The Ship Medic will choose his target by PMing me. The protected target learns of his saviour, but to the rest of the crew he remains anonymous, saving an Infected can cause more than just a little trouble!

Head of Security:
The Head of Security can investigate one person every second night, he will contact me with his investigation target via PM and at the end of the night, if he has not been killed he will be given the information on his target. If he dies, he may not share any of his knowledge and if he does via outside communication, report it and he will be banned from the next round.

Vigilante:
At the same time as the Infected, the Vigilantes are able to choose a target to attack and kill, their goal is to find and kill Infected, unlike an ejection they cannot be swayed by false Infected votes. If an Infected attempts to kill a Vigilante and the Vigilante attacks the Infected at the same time [Or if another Vigilante targets the Infected] then the Vigilantes ALWAYS WIN. Vigilantes kill first, so they can prevent an Infected kill if they get it correct.

Infected: [Reference]
The Infected may each choose a target to kill each night, every night only the number of Infected minus two may be killed [but with a minimum of 1 kill] They should remain in contact.

Rick Role
We've know each other for so long
Your heart's been aching
But you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Crew Member
Anyone who's not an Infected or a member with a secret role is a Crew Member
You guys have to rely on your wits and the mercy of your more valuable crew members. Sometimes you will be used as cannon fodder, other times you will be instrumental in deciphering clues. Do your best to survive the ordeal. You're going to need luck, and lots of it.

Last of all, ANYONE can talk to ANYONE outside this thread, you can theorise together, work together, blame people, conspire... Infected can use this to spread suspicion however so be careful.

The only rules are:

Do not reveal fellow Infected.
Do not help either side if you are dead, you can talk, but you cannot tell them anything you know. AT ALL. Minimal posting in the thread if you have died please :)
If the number of crew is equal to or less than the number of Infected, the Infected win by default.
YOU MUST HAVE AN AVATAR

Playerlist*:
1. T-002
2. Temujin
3. styrofoambullet
4. derekiv BODYGUARD
5. flabort
6. bien4500
7. doc525
8. Commodore111
9. Hege
10. Magick
11. warhammer651
12. Ninteen45
13. Normandy
14. Himura.Kenshin

[Bold indicates a stiff]
[Underline indicates you require an avatar!]

0/3 Infected Remain
1/11 Crew Remain
1/1 Vigilante Remains
0/1 Medics Remain

*as people die their name will be colored according to their role for reference. There will also be an Infected remaining counter.

This round will have more special roles, and the Captain will be involve this time, maybe the Infected won't crush us without raising a finger this time, post in here to sign up.

Sign ups are over, round is beginning, PMs are dispersing, everybody parrrrtaay.
Last edited by Empty on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Yay for massive OT, silverwing, interested in playing?
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Not in the slightest, but I'm not the one who made the thread go off topic, so you can't blame me for it. I'll be cleaning it up now.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Wasn't blaming you.
Thanks for the cleanup.
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

You? Meaning vacant, right?
If it is, sign me up.
If not, screw this.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Anyone can sign up.

Edit: Sorry about changing my avatar and making you come up with new clues.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

Im in.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Excellent, Derekiv, changing avatars is ok, just don't do it midgame.
I'll probably give magick a day to sort out his avatar, maybe get some more signups, then we'll kick it off, without epic fail.
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

If Arc would PM me back or gimme my avatar back, we'd be done already.
Hege
Commander
Commander

Post by Hege »

I'm I too late to sign up or is there room for one more?
I feel like giving a shot at this.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/ddoxt0.gif[/img]
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Don't at all think we have too many, I would LOVE more players, and you my friend, are WELL welcome.

Lol, I can think of a clue I won't be using for Hege if he ends up infected.
"What are you doing empty?"
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

First thread locked as requested.

Magick; if you want an avatar, please get one in compliance with the rules of this board. IIRC, Arc deleted yours because it was too large, rite? So get a smaller one. Easy-peesy.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

He had his avatar panel disabled from what I read.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Hm, what did commodore get banned for and for how long?
Should I take him off the list?

EDIT: Oh I see why. But how long til he's back?
Thanks for locking.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

It will be 48 hours before he is allowed in again.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush