Whatever happened to...?

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Whatever happened to...?

Post by Captain Trek »

Hi guys... Have any of you noticed how some of our more well respected BSFers have, over time, up and vanished?

Case in point would be The Infamous RayCav... This guy was responably well respected (albeit a bit of a glory hog), with more than 200 posts under his belt and yet after November of last year he just... Stopped posting...

Another example would be Andrew "the Tournamentator" Fireborn, who vanished right as he was about to run the fights for his second tournament (coincidentally also in November of last year)... He did return briefly on January 25th of this year after I started running the fights for him (and I apologise for never finishing those... The dieterling bug was never fixed), making only two posts before vanishing again...

What other examples can you think of of fairly well known and respected BSFers who have up and vanished?
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

God, there are so many. The fact that I can't remember names atm is immerterial. But then I havent been on in ages. RRoan is one, Novercalis another.But theres definately more.
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Well, taking a quick look through the start (first 100 to join the forum) of the memberlist, I notice several names I recognise who appear to have disappeared...

Major Diarrhia (170 posts): Hasn't posted since September last year... I don't remember much about him, but IIRC he had some degree of prominance...

Creeding (78 posts): Hasn't posted since Febuarary of this year... Again, I recognise the name but don't remember that much about him..

Stryder (91 posts): Hasn't posted since May of this year... Not necessarily gone completely, but his posts are extremely infrequent (his last post before his May post was in March, and that last one before that was in Febuarary)...

You recall more about those three, Mjolnir?

EDIT:

TranquilRage (162 posts): Hasn't posted since December last year... I recall he was quite prominant on the tournament scene (as well as strongly opinionated)...
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Andrew Fireborn still posts on another forum I go to. Seems likely that he simply got bored with BSF. That's the nature of forums, people sometimes get bored of them and leave. As for RRoan, she doesn't post much anywhere, from what I've seen, as I know of more than a few forums she visits, and she doesn't make posts often.

Creeding, however, was chased off the forums for being an illiterate idiot, if I'm not mistaken, and was never a well-liked or respected member.

No idea on the rest, but I'm kinda glad RayCav is gone. He's fairly well known on another forum I visit, for a number of unsavoury reasons, and was banned. I suppose that's why his nick here was "the infamous RayCav".

Also, he started a whole "LOL HEY WE'VE GOT GIRLS ON THE FORUM, HAWT!" thread a while back. :?

I really wish Novercalis would come back, though. Haven't seen him around in a while. He was awesome.

Edit: And Danny420Dale. Though, he still posts on the other forum I visit too, so I guess he just got bored with BSF also.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

Captain Trek wrote:Well, taking a quick look through the start (first 100 to join the forum) of the memberlist, I notice several names I recognise who appear to have disappeared...

Major Diarrhia (170 posts): Hasn't posted since September last year... I don't remember much about him, but IIRC he had some degree of prominance...

Creeding (78 posts): Hasn't posted since Febuarary of this year... Again, I recognise the name but don't remember that much about him..

Stryder (91 posts): Hasn't posted since May of this year... Not necessarily gone completely, but his posts are extremely infrequent (his last post before his May post was in March, and that last one before that was in Febuarary)...

You recall more about those three, Mjolnir?

EDIT:

TranquilRage (162 posts): Hasn't posted since December last year... I recall he was quite prominant on the tournament scene (as well as strongly opinionated)...
T5ranquilrage and Major Diarrhia were both good ship builders if I remember right. Or at least promising. Creeding was fucking annoying, and Im not sure about Stryder.[/b]
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Well, I don't know... Raycav was very vain but I personally liked him well enough... :)

I guess I just sort of don't make it my buisness to really notice when someone is being a fucktard... Hence why I never noticed that Anarki was a troll...
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Re: Whatever happened to...?

Post by Ixranin »

Captain Trek wrote:Another example would be Andrew "the Tournamentator" Fireborn, who vanished right as he was about to run the fights for his second tournament (coincidentally also in November of last year)... He did return briefly on January 25th of this year after I started running the fights for him (and I apologise for never finishing those... The dieterling bug was never fixed), making only two posts before vanishing again...
There appears to be a poor trend among people who run tournaments. <_< We've already lost Andrew Fireborn, CmdPromt, and Endless Infinity, while Daxx doesn't seem to have been around for a while now too.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

I'm still here. :lol:
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Commodore111 wrote:I'm still here. :lol:
You're next, fool. :twisted:
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Commodore111 wrote:I'm still here. :lol:
How unfortunate.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

I post less frequently myself for various reasons, two of the largest being the fact that BSF is in limbo at the moment development wise, and I've gotten back into DMing on y Neverwinter Nights server, which tends toeat up a lot of the time I devote to entertainmenty type stuff. That and work, life, etc.

That said I browse the forums every day to try to keep up on things, but I don't have the energy to post as uch as I used to.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

It's a bit sad to see that Game_Boy has pretty much well and truly gone, him being the guy we owe all our ability to construct custom ships and all.

And I must say, Vvhorpax was one of my favourite ship builders, he started the whole assymetrical craze, and never got round to putting up a download in his thread.

And of course Novercalis and his epic SDs, and Danny and his Aralonian ship raping.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Heh. All I can remember of Danny were those annoying image macros, and that time he made a ship while drunk/stoned/something. Still sad he's gone.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

T-002 wrote:Heh. All I can remember of Danny were those annoying image macros, and that time he made a ship while drunk/stoned/something. Still sad he's gone.
He left when Lizzie left for the second time IIRC. I know everybody found the image macros annoying, but I thought they were hilarious and broke up the bad moods somewhat.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Exethalion wrote:
And I must say, Vvhorpax was one of my favourite ship builders, he started the whole assymetrical craze, and never got round to putting up a download in his thread.
I owe my engine design to him.