A NOTE REGARDING THESE FORUMS

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

I have yet to post a ship, hrmm...
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

People need to learn the difference between thoughtful criticism and unnecessarily vulgar bitching.
There is a fair amount of vulgarity when the post goes into open season mode at around page 3. It would be nice if those who do start spamming up a thread to refrain from doing so.

People who haven't had exposure to a real art community don't understand the idea of criticism. You have to start out somewhere though, we all did. It would be nice if the first person to post in a newbie thread would give them a head's up and tell them that this isn't a gallery. :roll:

That's what we did at another big art forum and it was alot more tame than half the drama crap that goes on here even if that had a 10x Lizzie mod. They also had rules against being vulgar and that did help a bit too. That's where I learned and I was a pretty big dick back then.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

"Vulgarity" has its uses. As to someone posting in newbies threads, that's utterly unnecessary. Perhaps they should learn to lurk more and get to know the community before coming on and acting surprised when people start telling them that their work is poor.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Anna wrote:Perhaps they should learn to lurk more and get to know the community before coming on and acting surprised when people start telling them that their work is poor.
Or post over a thousand times before they release ships? :lol:
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Not much you can do about that though. I was refering to the "IN B4 TEH LOCK!!111one - YOUR SHIP SUCKs" sort of people.
Anna

Post by Anna »

... Yeah, I haven't actually seen any people like that.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hmmm. I guess I'm exaggerating on that point. I remember that someone on one of my tourney teams was doing that though, posting useless crap in all caps in a thread that was going in the lock direction.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Oh, and CROP YOUR FUCKING SCREENSHOTS.

Sandbox images break H-Scroll.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

It's a pity that there are people who ignore stickies, hmm?
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/salanos/Rnvtbw.jpg[/img]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

It's a pity that there are people who ignore the rules thread, hmm?
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Angeal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: A NOTE REGARDING THESE FORUMS

Post by Angeal »

Are there really any people who are so arrogant and stubborn as to not take advice and single mindedly believe that their design is flawless.
Roses are RED,
Violets are BLU,
In Soviet Russia,
Sandvich eats you.

Gamertag: SpectreX027
Anna

Post by Anna »

Far too many in this forum's history, yes.
Quality Control Enforcer
Flowrellik
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Flowrellik »

As much is to say that I'm new to these forums, Battleships Forever in gameplay total, I'm somewhat of a veteran. As far as this topic goes, I agree that negative Insults such as bad parenting and the design sucks overall makes the ships shown to be flawed, angering the creator; BUT there is a good side to this. With creative criticism and sociological basis to show for positive and negative, It can also help out the creator to fix up the flaws on the ship in general, allowing the ship to be more beautifully improved in terms of style, parenting, and combat. If people can understand their critics and learn from their mistakes made on their creations without Bitching and moaning with reckless abandon, the world(well the forum in general as we speak here then and now) can be a better, more efficient place to be in, as well as a unity shared between all the people within it. I should know, since I am an Admin for a few other games that are moddable, and intelligent on terms of sociology, psychology, and pretty much everything else on how a human being works (The main tools to maintain order, and the ban hammer itself for proper usage), so in a way, seeing this is not at all new to me, but it does show promise if the people can wake up and see what help this can really bring to a guy/girl.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

This conversation is half a year old or so. You can't necro a sticky, but the matter is closed.

Also, use some goddamn linebreaks for pete's sake.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ