Motherships Tournament ##Judging in Progress##

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Boxy is only effective against ships with big sections or weak Aegis. Its main way of killing after all is fly over a ship and apply a retarded amount of front loaded damage to it that can not be stopped.

We have ships that can kill it. The main problem is that there's a critical mass of missiles that is proportional to distance beyond which point no amount of lesser price in PD can't stop.

Missiles are priced too cheap for their spamability on big ships compared to small ships. On small ships, they are fine. On big ships especially in fleet, it is murder.

I wouldn't mind a 200-400 point ship contest.

And yes, Valor is good though I suspect that its because its freaking tiny compared to everything else ans is targetted last.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
HalfThere
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by HalfThere »

ChaosTheory wrote:Interesting.

I had originally considered missiles for the Shadowbot, but discarded them in the face of a few flak. Obviously it was better than I thought.

My congrats.

I am, however, very proud of my Valor, which actually came within about 200 hp of beating the Boxy by smacking the thing straight in the core.

What we learn form these "mothership" and "command ship" tourneys is Which weapon can I most effectively spam today?

I think we should go back to the 1 vs 1 tourneys for the sake of novelty.
1v1 tourneys, eh? Funny you should say that, seeing as there's one going on right now (well, it's 1 player v 1 player, technically, 2v2 ships)...
[url]http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2546[url]
The Dual Duel tournament!
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Go join. I don't want to be the only one in it.
Don’t worry it has airbags.